• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
I wish there was a Warhawk Proflight control setting. I want the camera/loose ship of standard controls but the camera follow and rolling of the expert setting. I feel dirty playing with standard but it looks so cool yet I prefer the camera rolling with me but wish it wasn't so stiff/glued to my ass end.

What do you all use? (I've yet to beat the game despite having it since launch... mostly because I get bored having to restart the mission over again and having that mental battle between control schemes)

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I just want a multiplayer that returns to Infinity's competitive PvE style. It's way more fun than endlessly circling or jockeying to get a perfect shot while others do the same. I'm not shitting on that mode, it was still fun too, I just liked it more when it wasn't that.

As a fan of the series going back to at least 4, I'm really happy that it's finding success again. Assault Horizon almost damn near well buried it.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wish there was a Warhawk Proflight control setting. I want the camera/loose ship of standard controls but the camera follow and rolling of the expert setting. I feel dirty playing with standard but it looks so cool yet I prefer the camera rolling with me but wish it wasn't so stiff/glued to my ass end.

What do you all use? (I've yet to beat the game despite having it since launch... mostly because I get bored having to restart the mission over again and having that mental battle between control schemes)

Have you tried holding triangle after locking on to a target?

The camera is no longer locked to your plane's back and you can see a lot more of the plane while freely maneuvering it towards the target.

Looks very cinematic, and great for gameplay.

Oct 27, 2017
Have you tried holding triangle after locking on to a target?

The camera is no longer locked to your plane's back and you can see a lot more of the plane while freely maneuvering it towards the target.

Looks very cinematic, and great for gameplay.
Yeah that is cool. Just not exactly what I want.

If you're unfamiliar with Warhawk:

youtu.be

Warhawk pro flight

Warhawk Ownage

The maneuverability of AC's expert, with the looseness of standard. Saps the fun out when you can't roll and such in standard.

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
Just beat the game today, it was really good minus the trash story.

Had to drop the difficulty down to easy though thanks to mission 6.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that is cool. Just not exactly what I want.

If you're unfamiliar with Warhawk:

youtu.be

Warhawk pro flight

Warhawk Ownage

The maneuverability of AC's expert, with the looseness of standard. Saps the fun out when you can't roll and such in standard.

Ah, okay.

Yeah that would be cool.

They could make it a camera adjustment toggle like in Gran Turismo (you can adjust how much the camera sticks to the car's butt during movement).

Deleted member 75738

User-requested account closure
Banned
Jul 22, 2020
Deserved.

These games for me are about losing yourself in the anime-like story and enjoy the epic moments it brings. I'm a Strangereal lore maniac as well, so it helps.

Chills.

t. Demon of Razgriz.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I just want a multiplayer that returns to Infinity's competitive PvE style. It's way more fun than endlessly circling or jockeying to get a perfect shot while others do the same. I'm not shitting on that mode, it was still fun too, I just liked it more when it wasn't that.

As a fan of the series going back to at least 4, I'm really happy that it's finding success again. Assault Horizon almost damn near well buried it.
I would love them just to revive Infinity because sadly I missed out on it since I did not have a PlayStation at the time.

Aug 9, 2018
They started thinking about what to include in Ace Combat 8 in 2019 and have a roadmap to 2025 (which doesn't mean that they plan to release AC8 in 2025).

But COVID certainly delayed things (as it also delayed the 25th Anniversary plans to 2021).

Then you will love the DLC, especially the Anchorhead Raid mission. Tons of targets.
DLC mission 2 has you covered.

The DLC missions might be a little pricey, but their quality is insane. DLC 1 is the best furball mission in the game (mostly because the Arsenal bird doesn't show up but still), DLC 2 is the best ground attack mission, and DLC 3 is a great storytelling experience (this might seem like a jab, but the mission legit has a bunch of awesome moments).

I donwload these season pass over the weekend, just havnen't had the chance yet. sounds fun.

Castor Archer

Jan 8, 2019
Just bought it. I'm absolutely terrible at it but still having tons of fun, the visuals are incredible even on base PS4, along with the music. The story makes no sense to me but that isn't a bad thing.

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
Soz for the bump, but I finally got to play this and, honestly, I love it after literally playing the first level.

Went straight for expert controls on normal difficulty and while I can see it taking time to get used to, I am loving how this plays and looks.

Oct 27, 2017
Just bought it. I'm absolutely terrible at it but still having tons of fun, the visuals are incredible even on base PS4, along with the music. The story makes no sense to me but that isn't a bad thing.
The story and radio chatter go in one ear, out the other. It makes me confused that I've seen certain lines used as memes in the past. How do folks latch on to that stuff while focusing on the combat?

"Missile
Missile
Missile
Missile
Pull up
Pull up
Missile
Missile" though....

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
The story and radio chatter go in one ear, out the other. It makes me confused that I've seen certain lines used as memes in the past. How do folks latch on to that stuff while focusing on the combat?

"Missile
Missile
Missile
Missile
Pull up
Pull up
Missile
Missile" though....

You learn to ignore the warning and listen to the mission chatter. Even playing on hard if you have the Queen's mod you are pretty safe... unless its DLC3... you kinda need to pay attention on DLC mission 3 so much can kill you.

Oct 27, 2017
You learn to ignore the warning and listen to the mission chatter. Even playing on hard if you have the Queen's mod you are pretty safe... unless its DLC3... you kinda need to pay attention on DLC mission 3 so much can kill you.
It's more how fun it is to play than it being difficult.

I can take only so much of the anime cocky jock speak from what seems like everyone.

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Ace7 is great, I'm glad it found success.

I'd gladly double dip on PC if they ever add the VR missions.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Awesome, hopefully this means the series is back. AC7 was my first game and despite a bad story that I decided to just skip, the gameplay was that perfect blend of sim and arcade I want out of games. Hopefully they can also hit 4K60fps with a new game on the new consoles.

Oct 25, 2017
Man kinda sucks 7 is so many of you guy's first experience with the story.
7's really at an odd place for different reasons but its also pretty heavily connected to 5's which would make so much feel random if you don't know about it.

5's story was done so much better imo.

Last edited: