• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
I'd say just look up any Ace Combat game footage and you'll get it pretty quickly. It's like an arcadey-sim. Real planes (mostly), not totally unrealistic flying, but to make the game actually fun a lot of stuff is just not realistic at all, like combat for the most part or holding 140 missiles on a plane instead of 2.

Definitely more on the arcade half the spectrum than sim though, since air to air or air to ground combat is the main gameplay mechanic rather than just flight.
Sounds good, would be good if there was a compilation of the games available somewhere though. I assume the story is interconnected.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds good, would be good if there was a compilation of the games available somewhere though. I assume the story is interconnected.
You only have to have the notion that this is a world that had multiple wars between nations (some got destroyed, some rebuilt or absorbed) and that, in all of those wars, an ace pilot did rise as a war hero.

The games are very loosely interconnected between each other, they can be enjoyed without you having any idea about what happened in those other games.

Oct 25, 2017
I NEEED IT
IT HAS BEEN LIKE A DECADE SINCE I HAVE FLOWN IN STRANGEREAL

I can't believe this game is even happening

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I didn't watch it cause I want to go in completely fresh, but I just wanted to say the Ace Combat 2 intro is super dope and I remember being blown away by it as an N64 only kid up to that point.

I am super hyped to be playing another Ace Combat game, man!

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't watch it cause I want to go in completely fresh, but I just wanted to say the Ace Combat 2 intro is super dope and I remember being blown away by it as an N64 only kid up to that point.

I am super hyped to be playing another Ace Combat game, man!

Its gonna be hard to top 5,

but im always going to go full hype for Ace Combat. Even the lesser games I enjoy the heck out of.

Loan Wolf

Nov 9, 2017
Forgot about this, piqued by interest when it was announced two years ago. Heard about the games but never played it before, would be nice if Namco threw a demo for newcomers to try out; want to get the feel of dogfights

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
Just pre-ordered to get ace combat 5, I hope 7 delivers (my favourite is Electrosphere, but even Assault Horizon was fun if you leave the chopper).

Bring it on, super fortress!

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Aha, no wonder it reminded me of Macross (Zero in particular)! They got Hibiki Yoshizaki to direct the cutscenes. Really cool.

Tortillo VI

May 27, 2018
Ace Combat 7 received a 35/40 in Famitsu! Don't know if I can link the source but if you Google for it you should find it quickly. Good vibes for the launch.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
This feels like ace combat 5 all over again and thats absolutely the greatest.
I love it but will have to play it later becuase bandai namco are treating the pc version like shit, same price as the others, while you get less and later.

PKrockin

Oct 25, 2017
Weird question, I've been avoiding watching too much footage so is there any videos showing generic enemy dialogue during any of the missions shown so far? It's a thing I've always liked about AC4 to 6, gives the sense you are taking part in a large battle between two forces playing a key part. It can almost be used as positive feedback sometimes such as in Ace Combat 6 I always remember one of the enemies saying it's a disgrace to their country with their superior firepower once you've wiped out half their forces.
This is also highly relevant to my interests. I'm a sucker for radio chatter.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Awesome, gotta agree though the marketing has been pretty weak.

They have shown mostly the same areas and scenes in each trailer. Princess, slightly dirty determined princess, bad dialogue prison girl, happy prison guy, gruff veteran, lightning clouds area, lol.

Still... called off work to play this early as possible haha.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
Awesome, gotta agree though the marketing has been pretty weak.

They have shown mostly the same areas and scenes in each trailer. Princess, slightly dirty determined princess, bad dialogue prison girl, happy prison guy, gruff veteran, lightning clouds area, lol.

Still... called off work to play this early as possible haha.
Isn't that a good thing? We already know what we're in for, why spoil the setpieces?

Buzz

Oct 28, 2017
Is AC5 going to be those PS2 games on PS4 thing? Or is it a proper remaster?

JCH!

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Tenerife
I seriously don't know what to do. I was gonna wait for the PC release but I don't know if I can handle the 2 week delay.

Also, AC5 is nice.

Araujo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Had a chance to play the VR missions in this. If you have a Playstation VR, you gonna have a fun time

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
Yep. People wanting this for the MP kind of baffles me, there's a reason people are excited it went back to Strangereal.

It's new? The last 3 AC games have had more multiplayer than this. It doesn't affect single player or Strangereal...AC6 and ACI were also set there.

This is a weird defense...games like this need multiplayer to have legs. Added with the poor marketing, it seems like this may be headed toward flop territory. But hey...it's just like a PS2 game so that's all that matters! I'm sure they'll make another sequel sooner than 10 years from now if this game sells poorly. Look at how few posts are in this thread after several days...it's very telling.

If you can tell me another vehicular combat game that has so little multiplayer, I'm all ears. People in 2019 aren't paying $60 for 10 hours of gameplay on a niche gameplay style. This isn't 2006.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Completely forgot I was getting 5 with my preorder. That's neat, I've only played 4.