• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Jan 4, 2018
Update:

dlc25th-movie03.png

dlc-img10.png

Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown DLC Brings Back Three Fan-Favorite Aircraft
In celebration of the Ace Combat series' 25th anniversary.
www.ign.com

Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown DLC Brings Back Three Fan-Favorite Aircraft - IGN

Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown DLC brings back the ASF-X, CFA-44, and XFA-27 to the series for its 25th anniversary.

In celebration of the series' 25th anniversary, Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown is getting new DLC that includes over 30 cosmetics and brings back three fan-favorite planes: the ASF-X, CFA-44, and XFA-27.

hrgj.png

AceCombat-7-Skies-Unknown_2020_08-31-20_003.jpg

AceCombat-7-Skies-Unknown_2020_08-31-20_002.jpg

AceCombat-7-Skies-Unknown_2020_08-31-20_001.jpg

• The ASF-X, also known as Shinden 2 is a supporting fighter jet with variable wing function that first appeared in Ace Combat: Assult Horizon.
  • The CFA-44, also known as Nosferatu, is equipped with a railgun and a launcher that can shoot several missiles at the same time. It first appeared in Ace Combat 6.
  • And The XFA-27 was the first fictional aircraft to be added to the Ace Combat series and was inspired by '90s stealth jets like the F-117 and YF-23.

giphy.gif

The DLC will come alongside a free update that adds a Casual Easy difficulty mode, designed for first time Ace Combat players who want to check out the game's campaign.

Last edited:

@TheFriendlyBro

IGN - Video Producer and Editor
Verified
Aug 1, 2019
God, I love this game.

Was playing AC6 last night and now I've got another reason to jump back on AC7.

GenTask

Nov 15, 2017
This game has cockpit view right, not just third person? Finally got my thrustmaster throttle for my joystick. Need some flying games.

OP
OP
FarSight XR-20
Jan 4, 2018

Kono says that they were unable to include the Nosferatu in AC7 at first because they realized too late that it was too big and they couldn't store it in the hangar (total lenght was nearly 25 meters)

"Go dance with the angels" lol

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
I'm really glad about this. I remember being super disappointed at the US army skins when the trailer dropped because it seemed like a really boring addition and the skins were honestly mostly kinda ugly, but it's easier to accept now that this DLC has been revealed.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll just wait till the DLC comes out so I can play Ace Combat for the first time and experience the campaign in Casual Easy difficulty mode.

Asator

Oct 27, 2017
<< Let the victor be justice. >>

I'm glad the game is still getting updates. I'll be rocking the Espada, Wizard and Gault skins pretty much all the time.

Also that XXV anniversary crest is baller as fuck.

OP
OP
FarSight XR-20
Jan 4, 2018
<< Let the victor be justice. >>

I'm glad the game is still getting updates. I'll be rocking the Espada, Wizard and Gault skins pretty much all the time.

Also that XXV anniversary crest is baller as fuck.

giphy.gif

Best AC intro ever.

Though Wizard one is cool too because PJ announces that there are 4 aircraft but a voice says << This is Wizard 5, roger. >>, hinting that there are also stealth aircraft coming to you.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Good game, beat AC7 two months ago which was my foray into the series. Always saw them on the shelf at Blockbuster back in the day but for whatever reason never took a chance.

Also, do we know why AC5/6 were only pre-order bonuses for AC7 (PS4 & X1 respectively) and never made for standalone release? I'd be there day one for either.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good game, beat AC7 two months ago which was my foray into the series. Always saw them on the shelf at Blockbuster back in the day but for whatever reason never took a chance.

Also, do we know why AC5/6 were only pre-order bonuses for AC7 (PS4 & X1 respectively) and never made for standalone release? I'd be there day one for either.
No idea, but can only assume whatever renegotiated license agreement Bandai Namco made to rerelease those games was only under this specific condition of pre-order bonuses.

OP
OP
FarSight XR-20
Jan 4, 2018

Licencing issues because of the aircraft iirc. Like in car games.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017

They can't charge for them because of the licensing arrangement was my understanding.

You can get a used 360 disc of Ace Combat 6 though and that'll get you the same game on Xbox One. The preorder code was just for the digital release of AC6 on 360 (and BC on XB1).

Deleted member 29464

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I've replayed the game over ten times already but I guess I will again. I'm a bit disappointed the new difficulty mode isn't a harder mode. I think easy is normal enough but I don't mind it being more accessible to others.

I can just keep replaying these games. It's something about the gameplay loop, radio chatter, and music that makes it never get old.

Pottuvoi

Oct 28, 2017
Nice.

Really hope we will get more AC in future.
UE5 and nanite would be perfect for those landscapers.

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica
I cant comprehend why this doesn't have an Xbox One X patch. It looks terrible in my OLED.

Gameplay is still great, feels like AC 4-5, but it looks ROUGH. Cockpit real time shadows look extremely low res, there is a lot of pop-in (trees mostly) in the terrain, etc.

Very rough IQ.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
I cant comprehend why this doesn't have an Xbox One X patch. It looks terrible in my OLED.

Gameplay is still great, feels like AC 4-5, but it looks ROUGH. Cockpit real time shadows look extremely low res, there is a lot of pop-in (trees mostly) in the terrain, etc.

Very rough IQ.
The LOD issues can be remedied on PC with .ini file edits at least. Overall the game is hampered by it targeting 60 FPS on consoles.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get what the point is with releasing these planes now after all this time unless the assets were already done as part of development for the next entry anyway.