• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...breaks-franchise-records-but-mario-holds-no-1

Stick with Trigger and you'll make it!

Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown just posted its biggest UK launch.

The Bandai Namco flight game debuts at No.2 in the UK physical charts. It's the first game in the series since 2014's Ace Combat Infinity. The franchise debuted in 1995.

The game was most popular on PS4, with 76 per cent of sales coming on Sony's platform. The PS4 version features an added VR mode.
And this only counts physical.

Seems like Ace Combat is back. After a mocked 360 exclusive and two bastardized games set in the real world AC7 is a return to form that apparently a lot of people were waiting for. Its a real classic arcade game. No bullshit or fat like a lot of modern games.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed the two detours but im so happy the real thing is back,
especially with how many new people seem to be interested (which is hilarious considering it was the purpose of Assault Horizon)

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I just ordered it 10 minutes ago.

Along with PS VR, Astrobot and RE7.

This game was the last straw that I needed to pull the trigger on VR.

edit: Sony should play their hand (timed VR exclusivity) even harder here and have Bamco produce more VR missions as DLC.

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017

Sony should play their hand (timed VR exclusivity) even harder here and have Bamco produce more VR missions as DLC.
Holy fuck. I wish I was you :)

Looking forward to buy PSVR (or psvr2?) again and other PSVR games in 10 years when my kids are older.

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
Even though I've never played an AC game and never plan on doing so, it still makes me happy that a good game with a dedicated fan base succeeds sometimes. I hope this is the Monster Hunter: World / Persona 5 moment for this franchise.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
This is good to hear. I bought the Launch Edition last night on PS4 Pro to ensure I got AC5.
I still have my original AC6 disc and tried the backwards compatibility on X1X (which is great BTW).

Hopefully there will be an Ace Combat 8 sometime in the first half of the next decade on next gen consoles because DAMN it was a long time between main numbered games,
11 years and 3 months.....October 2007 ----> January 2019.

Tortillo VI

May 27, 2018
I´m so happy about this. I finished my first run through the campaign and the game is amazing, easily one of the best in the saga if not the best. It´s a polished arcade gem.

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018

edit: Sony should play their hand (timed VR exclusivity) even harder here and have Bamco produce more VR missions as DLC.
Oh wow enjoy! You're in for a great time , be sure to post some impressions!

I'm on vacation and have been playing a bit of AC7 in the hotel when I can but I'm itching to get home to try the vr. But it's 1° back home so I'll happily wait lol

Oct 27, 2017
Very much deserved. Beautifully made game. Hopefully Project Aces doesn't disappear on us for another decade. Would love to see 8 in a few years.

Oct 27, 2017
Happy to see this. We need more Ace Combat! Playing 7 this weekend reminded me how much I missed it after that joke Assault Horizon.

Status
Not open for further replies.