• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Note: Game features a file size significantly larger than the original PS2 release. This is not common for PS2 Classic releases.
https://www.reddit.com/r/acecombat/...7_3615gb_ac5_176gb/?utm_source=reddit-android

fcoj3vbgmea21.jpg

---

PSNprofiles via Gematsu

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/8639-ace-combat-5-the-unsung-war

Still waiting on confirmation on whether or not the game will be available for standalone purchase at launch.

Last edited:

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So fucking ready. Also fun that I've done everything on that list already. ;)

I really hope this does well and they decide to bring both 4 and 0 to the PS2 list.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Hoping it's available as a separate purchase. Grabbed the game physically since the online store price is ridiculous ($108 AU ~ $78 US).

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
i've played five but i never played ace combat zero, hope zero is next on the port list.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Hoping it's available as a separate purchase. Grabbed the game physically since the online store price is ridiculous ($108 AU ~ $78 US).

At least in North America the physical copies of AC7 come with either bonus game as well. I wonder if all first prints of the game include a code in the box, be nice to not rely on the retailers to send it.

Last edited:

Deleted member 48201

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 29, 2018
It wasn't included in the Playstation Blog release list and that's all we have to go on for the moment.

I can't imagine they'd do a Ps2 classic release and not sell it separately. Last time they did one of these as a pre order bonus (Jak and daxter for lost legacy) it certainly was.

I don't want to pay $90 for this game knowing it will drop in price very quickly like most namco games.

I think they sold other pre-order bonus games for other games separately later as well. I hope they will do the same with this game

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
I don't want to pay $90 for this game knowing it will drop in price very quickly like most namco games. I hope they release it separately.

I'm sure Namco Bandai eventually will release the game on its own but it's just a matter of when that will be.

Still hoping for launch though. I'd love to go through AC5, AC6 and then 7 with my flight stick as my proper intro to the series.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently it's also 17GB in size (original was less than 4GB) because it uses uncompressed assets.

Hopefully it will be in widescreen as well, I believe that the PS2 version supported both widescreen and progressive scan.

FriendlyNPC

Oct 27, 2017
So, is the european version based on the 50hz pal release of Squadron Leader? If so, that would be a pretty big bummer right?

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
I hope the new Hori Ace Combat 7 HOTAS will be compatible with this.

Hopefully that's the case but where AC5 apparently had brake/throttle on the L1/R1 buttons unlike the latter titles(AC6 on) which had them on L2/R2 so there will likely be remapping required to get things working properly.

andshrew

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently it's also 17GB in size (original was less than 4GB) because it uses uncompressed assets.

Hopefully it will be in widescreen as well, I believe that the PS2 version supported both widescreen and progressive scan.

If this is the case, this would be the first PS2 Classic which isn't just the original disc ISO? (or more likely not a PS2 Classic at all)

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I hope 4 and 0 come along soon after. That trilogy is just... *chef kiss*

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

If that's true, this is not a PS2 Classic. Those work literally slapping the original ISO into an emulator and adding some hooks for trophies and stuff.

Weird.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
If this is the case, this would be the first PS2 Classic which isn't just the original disc ISO? (or more likely not a PS2 Classic at all)
Ps2 version didn't have progressive scan, but doesn't matter in this case. It support wide-screen but it was cropped from 4:3 aspect ratio which is very lame. I think it also supported dolby Pro logic 2 surround sound.

GestaltGaz

Oct 28, 2017
I have the hype. Let's go already, fox two fox two! Hard enemy radar spike!

AC5 and VR is icing on a very delicious cake.

Deleted member 29464

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
The hardest trophy is sitting through those tutorials, I don't think I've ever bothered with an AC's games tutorial even after getting all S ranks on Ace difficulty.

I wonder if and well doubt that the Arkbird jumpy glitch was fixed, that was always pretty amusing to see.

Edit: EU isn't forced 50hz are we....? I haven't played a PS2 classic yet.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The hardest trophy is sitting through those tutorials, I don't think I've ever bothered with an AC's games tutorial even after getting all S ranks on Ace difficulty.

I wonder if and well doubt that the Arkbird jumpy glitch was fixed, that was always pretty amusing to see.

Edit: EU isn't forced 50hz are we....? I haven't played a PS2 classic yet.
If it ends up being a PS2 Classic it will 99% be the 50Hz version.

But it might not be a PS2 Classic, it might be a port according to the download size, we will know tomorrow

Deleted member 29464

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
If it ends up being a PS2 Classic it will 99% be the 50Hz version.

But it might not be a PS2 Classic, it might be a port according to the download size, we will know tomorrow
Cool, thanks. I'm trying to find out if AC5 was speed fixed in 50hz, but am having no luck. I guess I'm fine with it as that's the version I'm used to.

TKM

Oct 28, 2017
Looking forward to the amazing soundtrack of AC5 again. Just realized my AC7 preorder is two years old (KHIII even older), I better get a code :P

preorders.png

Status
Not open for further replies.