• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
header.jpg

This game released last year, I know - it's not that long ago actually but considering the other games that are not available on PS4/Switch/XB1/PC in the series, it feels like a long time.

As fans of the series are still waiting in vain for AA7 there's still plenty of fun to be had with the classics and the already released sequels that have yet to be ported. AA5 and 6 in particular I feel are in dire need of pc and console versions, as 3D titles that have already been HD-ified on mobile devices, there really isn't much work that needs to be done from the looks of it to the actual infrastructure and layout of those games.

Maybe I'm just impatient, but when do you think we'll see other games in the franchise getting ported? Has Capcom abandoned the series, or are they working on it as we speak?

PS. If you haven't taken the dive into the franchise yet, get that Trilogy collection on your platform of choice and enjoy this kickass mystery-lawyer satire/drama series. It has, IMO, exceptionally good writing.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
one of my favorite series, sad to see it getting neglected by capcom
they should have released the second trilogy yesterday

N75

self-requested temp ban
Oct 25, 2017
Get ready for Ace Attorney Trilogy: 8K Edition.

It took Capcom 3+ years to realease AA4 on 3DS after the trilogy was ported.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Ace Attorney was re-released, but did people buy it? That's the question that matters to Capcom.

Probably showed there's no audience outside of where the fanbase was tbh.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If they are working on/caring about the series in some way, it's embarrassing how they've handheld it in recent years, if they aren't working on anything currently then I'd say it's finished for the foreseeable future at least. Either way the last 365 days is baffling.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Ace Attorney was re-released, but did people buy it? That's the question that matters to Capcom.

Honestly, if they expected the people to buy it again who already had the trilogy on 3DS (and lets be real, probably the DS versions too), that would be absurdly poor planning by capcom.

Which means you're 100% correct and that's what Capcom will have expected.

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
I'm super happy that console and PC players got a nice remaster of all the classic games.

Deleted member 15476

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Re-releasing the trilogy for the billionth time isn't going to move the needle for the franchise. Other VN series found success in the west with a smaller publisher behind them, Capcom has only themselves to blame.

Oct 25, 2017
There were two years between Mega Man Legacy Collection 1 and 2, so I wouldn't write off a second trilogy just yet.

I imagine ports like these are the types of games Capcom want to keep to release as they transition into next gen anyway, ensuring they have content on both old and new systems.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
I was actually looking forward to remasters of AA5 and AA6, since I never played the 3DS games. I was sure they were going to follow this remaster with them.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Looking in my crystal ball, we'll get Ace attorney trilogy ported onto ps5 and xbox scarlett and nothing else for the next 3-4 years.

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
I don't really care at this point. 5 and 6 are both terrible and Capcom doesn't care enough to localize the spin-offs outside of Japan.
Capcom did a great job at making me apathetic towards what used to be one of my favorite series.

Deleted member 31092

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
AA as a brand is strongly tied to Nintendo platforms, and Capcom no longer has any special relationship with Nintendo. Unless they can reboot the IP into a cinematic AAA third person game the IP is dead.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Capcom is back

Seriously the way Capcom is completely disregarding smaller series for bigg aaa games bothers me a lot

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Ridiculous that 456 HD aren't on PS4 (yet, I'm still holding on to hope). The only
Capcom series I play and the way they handle it is constantly disappointing.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

I mean even if there is no audience outside of where the fanbase was the fanbase will still buy the game

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
The estimate is 400k for the Triology right? That's pretty good, you'd think.
It's up there with the highest sales any original entry has sold, which I think is still AJ on the DS at like over 500k, and several mainline have sold a good deal under that most likely, like AAI and DGS. And this is like the 5th or 6th time the OT has been re-released. GBA, DS, 3DS, iOS, Wii, Switch/PC/PS4/Xbox. Like yeah it's a not a big series and major seller, but that's pretty good numbers for such an old game that has seen so many releases already. That's due to a solid dedicated core fanbase and likely a decent number of new comers as well. There are ways to budget and continue a franchise around those numbers if they wanted to.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Capcom seems to hate the Switch, can't risk giving them an exclusive for once.

I mean, you can definitely make an argument that 5 does too much of the work for the player and only has one, maybe two good trials.

But that's also no different at all to 2, maybe the series is just cursed to having the middle instalment of trilogies be mediocre.
I'd rather play 2-3 ten times in a row than going through AA5 again.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
There were two years between Mega Man Legacy Collection 1 and 2, so I wouldn't write off a second trilogy just yet.

I imagine ports like these are the types of games Capcom want to keep to release as they transition into next gen anyway, ensuring they have content on both old and new systems.
People want a new game, not a second trilogy, if after so much time they only release a trilogy port I will be very mad

I just started five ..

Is it really that bad? ☹
It has its moments but is definitely worse than 6

Deleted member 2834

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There are like half a dozen AA games. I enjoy the games too but gamers need to let go sometimes, Jeez.

Champion

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Tampa, FL
I still believe a 4, 5, and 6 HD Collection is coming to current gen, but I doubt it's a high priority and they definitely wouldn't have a large team working on the ports.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Capcom seems to hate the Switch, can't risk giving them an exclusive for once.

Why would it need to be exclusive the moment they make the franchise multiplat?

I just started five ..

Is it really that bad? ☹

Who knows, you might like it. but yeah its pretty bad. extra bad if you hate the "power of friendship!" anime bullshit. and 5-2 is the worst case in the whole series period yes worse than the circus one

FRANKEINSTEIN

Oct 27, 2017
AZ
I bought the trilogy a couple weeks ago when on sale at PSN. Never played the series before. Always wanted to and at less than $20 for the trilogy figured it was a good time to.

AwakenedCloud

Oct 27, 2017
Ace Attorney is one of my favorite series and I'm glad they're giving it some time to breathe. We were over saturated for a bit, and I think the quality took a dip because of it.

Hopefully they announce something this year or next.

Oniletter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just started five ..

Is it really that bad? ☹️
No, it's great. It's a bit wonky in parts but the new gimmick is pretty fun. The cases are well put together albeit a bit on the easy side. The bad guys are deliciously ridiculous and it had one or two twists that caught me extremely off guard.

N75

self-requested temp ban
Oct 25, 2017
I just started five ..

Is it really that bad? ☹
It'a fine, nothing amazing.

It received positive reception when it came out but some have soured on it in the last few years. Coincidentally a lot of these people love AA4.

Doesn't reach any of the absolute series' lows in my opinion, but you might as well keep playing and see for yourself.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
It wouldn't need to, but Nintendo platforms, mobile and maybe PC are the only platforms where they realistically have an audience.

releasing all your games on nintendo platforms only tend to do that
if they want to build audience on other platforms they need to release more games on them

Doesn't reach any of the absolute series' lows in my opinion

How can you think 5-2 doesnt reach the series lows?
AA4 is nothing special, but at least its not as bad as AA5

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
For me the only bad case in AA is the circus one, the only time i stopped playing.
I needed a guide to come back because it was a bore.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Aren't AA5 and AA6 "new enough" that Capcom wouldn't remaster them just yet? I mean, 3DS games and systems are still readily accessible.

I could see them doing an AA4 remaster with the Edgeworth games but idk. They might not consider it a worthwhile investment.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I agree with you. AAT was my favourite game this year. I absolutely fell in love with the series. Would love a Trilogy 2 or another way to experience the series on my Switch!