• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Huh, I didn't even know the Ace Attorney games were even on Xbox to begin with. Definitely excited to try it out if/when it reaches Gamepass or goes on sale

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
Would be a shame to miss out on future ace attorney titles and more.

Well...unfortunately Great Ace Attorney is skipping Xbox per those leaks and I wouldn't be surprised if they made the same decision for AA7.

Regardless AA1-3 are pretty self contained and tell a complete story so yeah play this.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
I bought this ages ago when it was on sale for like $7 or something. I really can't get into it to be honest. I'll give it another shot though now that this thread jogged my memory :P

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Well...unfortunately Great Ace Attorney is skipping Xbox per those leaks and I wouldn't be surprised if they made the same decision for AA7.
tumblr_ms6nneXOr81rijbg1o1_500.gif

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
I think it is really interesting to see Microsoft work on fostering Japanese connections thru game pass

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Cool. AA deserves a lot more love. The more people playing it the better. Dying to see what's next with AA7.

I'm replaying 4-6 right now. Really great to play for 30-60 minutes before bed.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
Don't worry Jawmuncher, I'll play it.

But maybe after I'm done with all the JRPG's Game Pass is shoving down my throat 💀

Oct 27, 2017
Good for those who have no other means to play it but I think this series really shines on a portable. But if it helps games get localized or sequels be made then yes

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
I think it is really interesting to see Microsoft work on fostering Japanese connections thru game pass

It's kind of crazy how much of the Game Pass library at times has felt geared towards making the case that the stuff people think of as Playstation games is on Xbox now. So many releases from PS2 and earlier Japanese franchises.

For Ace Attorney, hopefully it gets enough engagement on Game Pass to make the franchise viable on the console, given it seems to have bombed there on initial release, while doing just fine on Switch/PS4/PC.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
I have one or two of these but haven't played them yet. I'm not 100% clear on how gameplay heavy they are. I tend to be mixed on VNs. Is there a lot of interactive gameplay compared to a straight VN? By interactive gameplay I don't mean like hidden object finding but more like having to really think about things (I love the Layton series for example).

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I have one or two of these but haven't played them yet. I'm not 100% clear on how gameplay heavy they are. I tend to be mixed on VNs. Is there a lot of interactive gameplay compared to a straight VN? By interactive gameplay I don't mean like hidden object finding but more like having to really think about things (I love the Layton series for example).

It's a mix of both. You do brief pixel hunting before you check all the boxes and it moves onto the next scene.

Most of the game is in the courtroom where it plays out like a VN, where you do the thinking - and AA uses logic that sometimes defies all meaning so you'll be like "how was i supposed to know to pick that item?"

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I had no idea they were even available on Xbox. I'll definitely give them a try if they are coming to Gamepass though

They kinda just threw them on there one random day and probably just got instantly buried with EA/UBI new sku updates (which is really shitty btw, happens all the time). I think I first saw it on there months after it actually released and I check the store often.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
Already played them multiple times on the DS, if they ever port 5 and 6 I'd play them though because I never finished 5.

Grimmy11

Oct 28, 2017
I've had this on my PS, Xbox and Switch wish lists for a while. I only played the first one back on the DS. I'll 100% play it if it comes to GP

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Wait... Ace Attorney games came out on Xbox? How'd I miss this? 😦
I had no idea either haha, haven't played then since release on the DS but will definitely give them a go again.
Huh, I didn't even know the Ace Attorney games were even on Xbox to begin with. Definitely excited to try it out if/when it reaches Gamepass or goes on sale
Yeah, I had no idea they were even available on Xbox. I'll definitely give them a try if they are coming to Gamepass though
Lol same. I narrowly avoided picking one up for DS a couple weeks ago, guess now I'll wait for Game Pass. I have never once come across these on the Xbox store and feel like a spend a fair amount of time browsing sales and such.

This explains a lot...I wonder what happened here.

Also CerealBro1 it's on sale all the time!

Last edited:

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Knowing these games from handheld days, I was one of the very few souls who purchased Ace Attorney on Xbox :P I did read in the leaks that the next installment wasn't planned for the Xbox consoles at that point, so I hope some success on Game Pass could change that consideration in the future :-) Also hope that they will put Ace Attorney on Game Streaming as well. Can picture myself playing the title during lunch breaks and whatnot on my phone!

heavy liquid

Oct 27, 2017
I'm also one of the few who bought it during the recent Capcom sale on Xbox and have been playing though the games off and on over the past couple weeks. I had only previously played the original game back when it first came out on the DS. I'm enjoying it much more now than back then for whatever reason and am just about to start the last chapter of Justice for All. So many great characters.

Zodzilla

Oct 25, 2017
Easily the best trilogy in gaming history.

The third game really ties everything together and makes the entire series better.

The second game is rightfully trashed, but that last turnabout is so good that it pretty much forgives the rest of the game and cements it as a must play.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
It's a mix of both. You do brief pixel hunting before you check all the boxes and it moves onto the next scene.

Most of the game is in the courtroom where it plays out like a VN, where you do the thinking - and AA uses logic that sometimes defies all meaning so you'll be like "how was i supposed to know to pick that item?"
Thanks for the info demi!
Is the pixel hunting just literally finding the right object to click? And is there some considerable thinking involved in deducing things in the courtroom? You said it's got like adventure game logic and I do enjoy that... I guess I'm wondering if it's engaging in gameplay or if people mostly like it because of the stories and characters.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
It's the story/characters that people like.

The gameplay is like any other VN tbh. The sections where you have to click certain items is straight forward too, theres nothing hidden and I believe it will highlight stuff that is clickable as you scan the area with the cursor.

Nov 2, 2019
Always wanted to try these games. Will definitely download if on Game Pass.

Since we know that there is no specific formula for making dealing to put games on Game Pass, I'm willing to bet Phil said they would front the cost of an Xbox port if they allow it on Game Pass.

It's a win/win.

The Japanese devs/pubs don't take any risk paying for ports that may not sell to an audience on Xbox that is unaware of these games/franchises and in return they get all the extra sales from the store and any DLC plus free marketing for franchises that have historically not been on Xbox in the past.

More money for Japanese devs, and more Japanese games on Game Pass and Xbox like Phil has always wanted.