• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
On Feb. 16, the now-wanted man had a hearing before Brooklyn Supreme Court Judge Vincent Del Guidice and, according to the New York Daily News, after being denied bail on the murder charge Buggs "repeatedly" told the judge, "suck my dick."

In response, the judge found Buggs in contempt of court and ordered him to serve an additional 30-day sentence—not that it would have particularly mattered; since the defendant was denied bail anyway, he would have been stuck on the widely-criticized penal island until his trial began regardless. But, Del Guidice apparently reasoned, there were legal principles like respect for authority and the comity of the courtroom at stake. The judge's formal/moral victory, however, eventually gave way to Buggs actually being released.

That criminal contempt charge included time served and the judge allowed Buggs to serve that 30-day sentence contemporaneously. So, when the term on the lesser charge ran out, the defendant was set free—despite his still-pending murder trial. Criminal defendants accused of murder are not typically allowed to post bail.
The Daily News reported that the contempt charge was inexplicably listed as the final resolution of Buggs's 2018 arrest on murder charges, which allowed for his release early morning Tuesday. The outlet noted that he "was apparently given cash and a [subway card] before boarding a correction department bus."
The New York State Department of Corrections and Community Supervision called it an "erroneous discharge.
U.S. Marshals are currently leading a manhunt into locating the suspect—who they say is considered to be armed and dangerous.

lawandcrime.com

Accused Murderer Told a Judge to ‘Suck My D***’ in Court and Somehow That Led to 'Erroneous Discharge' from Jail

Christopher Buggs, 26, reportedly told a judge to "suck" his "dick" during a virtual court appearance late last month. Instead, the judge held the accused murderer in contempt. Buggs has since been erroneously released from jail.

I'm not understanding it completely
But the judge add on a second sentence, and when it reach completion, they ignore the first crime and release him on the comment to the judge being complete?

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
ThickSmallAttwatersprairiechicken-size_restricted.gif

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
Get out of jail early with this one weird trick.

or

So that's what rolling doubles looks like IRL.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
That's what happens when someone in power gets their feelings hurt and tries to do more than needed to be done.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
5 courtroom hearing tips judges don't want you to know.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
lawandcrime.com

Accused Murderer Told a Judge to ‘Suck My D***’ in Court and Somehow That Led to 'Erroneous Discharge' from Jail

Christopher Buggs, 26, reportedly told a judge to "suck" his "dick" during a virtual court appearance late last month. Instead, the judge held the accused murderer in contempt. Buggs has since been erroneously released from jail.

But the judge add on a second sentence, and when it reach completion, they ignore the first crime and release him on the comment to the judge being complete?

no. The jail fucked up.

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
lawandcrime.com

I don't think they're ignoring the crime- it's an error. A potentially costly error, but an error nonetheless.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Judge is waiting in his chambers like "Hey, I thought you wanted me to suck your dick?"

CupOfDoom

Dec 17, 2017
lawandcrime.com

Its seems like his sentence went from "indefinite/awaiting trail" to "30 days and definite" in the jail computers.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Its seems like his sentence went from "indefinite/awaiting trail" to "30 days and definite" in the jail computers.
Probably wouldn't have happened if we had
  1. Proper criminal justice reform to straighten out what is or isn't allowed and what isn't necessary due the kinds of charges held against people
  2. Actually invested in county, state, and federal infrastructure so these sorts of software anomalies are figured out without a suspected murderer being let out of jail, wasting time and money on catching someone twice.