• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
Multiple Bethesda games have bombed recently (except Doom) so it makes sense why they wanted to lower the financial risk while getting PS marketing.

sure I get where you are coming from. honestly this is a 50/50 scenario but right now despite the flops, Bethesda still has the cash to take a few risks.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
Isn't Switch selling tons? More than PS4 actually
A lot of that is in a different market, handheld gaming. This is why I am not worried they will be signing deals left and right while removing games from Xbox and Playstation.

The common one is that companies are taking a console timed exclusive and an epic store timed exclusive
Seems to be the case, looks like investing in PC looks to be the safest bet again.

On topic: Console exclusives and exclusive content deals are going to happen from all the console manufacturers, it's a perfectly normal thing. I get that a large amount of the population hates exclusives but games are absurdly expensive and some devs can't afford large scale launches/risks on new IP without it.

Yet we keep seeing them occur on established IP's and/or from large publishers.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
On topic: Console exclusives and exclusive content deals are going to happen from all the console manufacturers, it's a perfectly normal thing. I get that a large amount of the population hates exclusives but games are absurdly expensive and some devs can't afford large scale launches/risks on new IP without it.

Wow! I can't be the only one who thinks that is totally uncalled for.

On the other hand I checked out joypad.dk...don't think Jez should lose much sleep over this "journalists" comments

Be aware that when you cape for Jez Corden, you are caping for someone who has no problem telling people to check out his friend who is an unquestionable homophone. His response to that incident was gross and I will never understand why we are totally okay just posting stuff from him here and driving traffic to his network of friends, including that guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.