• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ouroboros

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I live in PA. My wife and I are both voting for Biden and we are doing it in person. So is my brother and sister-in-law. So theres 4 votes for ya.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm scared for PA. Philly Suburbs that always lean blue, and there are so many huge Trump signs. Like not a little campaign sign, but 4' x 8' sign stretched between two fence posts. The only thing that brings me hope is thinking to be in the cult, you need a big obnoxious sign, and everyone without one is a Biden supporter.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
The thing about the Trump yard signs is to remember that Trump has been campaigning and selling MAGA signs for 4+ years for this election. Also incumbents usually have a natural "yard sign advantage" because many voters save their signs from previous elections, while the challenger is usually fresh every 4 years.

I ordered a Biden sign from the campaign and it took like a month to deliver it too.

oh really? i assumed gerrymandering affected every level of the ballot, but i'm no expert

Gerrymandering is the phrase used to describe drawing up complicated House districts (or at the local level, like city council district seats) for some partisan advantage. For state-wide elections like senate, governor, and president, the entire state is the district.

Sometimes people use 'gerrymandering' as a blanket term for any sort of electioneering fuckery, but it's usually explicitly used around house district maps.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So he's gonna lose then.
But the crowds of Trump supporters in PA scares me.

C5x9MZN.jpg
I get this feeling, but just a reminder that Bernie Sanders had the largest crowds in the primary by a large margin.

And Biden kicked the shit out of him.

OP
OP
platocplx

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Honestly I have no idea. Most people never discussed politics before and now it is impossible because people are going to get offended and angry that you are a piece of garbage that supports Trump (rightfully so). There is definitely a vocal minority. I keep hearing that white women are going to vote for Biden but I will believe it when I see it in November.

Biden should win PA. But then again America is full of a lot of stupid assholes. Trump running for president was the easiest exam this nation had in 2016 and we failed it miserably.

Hopefully we don't flunk it a 2nd time...
Here's how tight 2016 was
Clinton lost PA by .7%, WI by .8% FL by 1.2% Michigan by .2%
Democratic Margin of victory in PA was 5.4 % Margin in 2012, 6.9% margin in WI, 9.5% in MI and .9% in Fl
Its kind of crazy of a swing people really really did not like clinton. its crazy. I feel like people came out to just vote against her. in a lot of the states other than WI voting numbers were up.

Im really really curious to see how this plays out a swing from 2012 to 2016 was crazy and now i feel the swing back is people voting against trump more than voting for Biden its like the trump effect in reverse I feel right about this. Seeing everything from then to now. PA will definitely be a place that they are trying as much fuckery as possible.

OP
OP
platocplx

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
I think I've spotted maybe 3 Biden signs around town compared to the seemingly endless number of Trump signs and flags. It ain't looking good but I'll vote anyway.

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
I'm scared for PA. Philly Suburbs that always lean blue, and there are so many huge Trump signs. Like not a little campaign sign, but 4' x 8' sign stretched between two fence posts. The only thing that brings me hope is thinking to be in the cult, you need a big obnoxious sign, and everyone without one is a Biden supporter.
I live in the Philly suburbs and there are no Trump signs in my area. Like, at all. Even driving around other suburban counties, I've hardly seen any Trump signs. It's primarily been fields of Biden signs and signs for local/PA Dems.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
I just moved to PA. Registered to vote on Friday.

Can't wake to help break the back of the Trump Campaign.

Edit: don't worry about yard signs. Trump supporters are super enthusiastic, but are outnumbered by. Dems and independents. If people show up, we'll win and they'll just have worthless signs and merch.

OP
OP
platocplx

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
I just moved to PA. Registered to vote on Friday.

Can't wake to help break the back of the Trump Campaign.

Edit: don't worry signs. Trump supporters are super enthusiastic, but are outnumbered by. Dems and independents. If people show up, we'll win and they'll just have signs.
YUP! get people you know out there to the polls! kick some ass in PA!

Mirado

Jul 7, 2020
very interesting to hear. Get people out to vote as much as you can! Big Enthusiasm is good.

I've certainly tried, and have had some good success with at least getting people to register for mail-in ballots given PA finally moved over to a model that didn't require an excuse to get one. The current worry is our Republican legislature trying to fuck with the Governor in some way, or some sort of outside GOP lawsuit.

My cousin had a wedding up in the Pocono area a few years ago, the number of confederate flags observed in PA was pretty on par with many of the more racist southern state backwoods type places.

PA can be VERY backwoods depending on the area. The old joke is you have Philly on one side, Pittsburgh on the other, and Kentucky in the middle, which is very true but also misses how pervasive that redneck mindset is up and down the Scranton-WB metro and into the Lehigh Valley to Allentown. There's a lot of shit people here. I mean, I'm sure there's a lot of shit people everywhere but at least the Confederate flag wavers in Georgia can correctly guess what side their state fought for in the Civil War.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
they're dragging their feet

im having a hard time getting through the process.
On their website there are 4 stages. They allow you to see where you are in the process. Mine has yet to begin. It says this

We are unable to match your information with our records.

You may edit your information and try your search again or you may contact your county election office to confirm the status of your ballot.

I asked a while ago and its being held up as are others near me
for the love of god.....if you're in Pennsylvania get your ballot VERY VERY early. Its going to take a long time if you ask for one mid October you are not gonna get it.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I know I'm being overly paranoid, but is there any fuckery that can take place in early voting? I'm not voting by mail because FL already fucked that up in 2018.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
I have a pretty large family in PA. We're all voting Biden.

registered to vote this year:
- my 68 year old mom
- my 44 year old sister

my younger brother and sister are voting for the first time since 2008.

Oct 25, 2017
I live in the Philly suburbs and there are no Trump signs in my area. Like, at all. Even driving around other suburban counties, I've hardly seen any Trump signs. It's primarily been fields of Biden signs and signs for local/PA Dems.

Hmm...I'm in Chester County, and pass four signs just on my 15 minute drive to work. 2 are neighbors, so it's overwhelming on that stretch of road. Don't see and Biden signs.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping we get the wombo combo of PA and FL going blue so that the election is basically over before the midwest states even close up the polls.

Polls have had Biden maintaining roughly a +5 or +6 lead for a while now. And I don't think there's any amount of fuckery the GOP can do that would overcome that gap.

Please people for the love of God, vote.

Oct 28, 2017

I see these quite frequently in the suburbs of Connecticut. It's easy to let anecdotal evidence influence your perspective.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan was lost by voter apathy. Wow

The warning sign for the Midwest in 2016 was that Sanders was beating Clinton in a lot of these states. People took it as a sign that the working class rust belt was coming home to the left but it was just that people don't like Clintons around here. We can see after the wave of blue flips in 2018 and then Biden demolishing Sanders in the 2020 primary. Biden is a much stronger candidate for the area than Clinton and when you add in Covid, political scandals, and everything else, we now have pretty steady Biden leads throughout the region.

I know I'm being overly paranoid, but is there any fuckery that can take place in early voting? I'm not voting by mail because FL already fucked that up in 2018.
The safest way is to following the directions exactly. We must leave no excuse for any ballot to be thrown out. You sign it correctly, you date it correctly, you fill in the bubbles exactly as told. Not a stray mark or toe out of line. Get the ballot by mail and then turn it in in-person to ensure that it is counted if you don't trust the mail to get it there on time. But yeah. Follow the damn instructions on the form.

And if you don't trust the mail to even get a ballot then I think you can go to the clerks and get one if there is early voting. Else it's election day!

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
My wife just took a trip to Lancaster county, and said there are Trump flags everywhere. There was even a Trump parade of vehicles decked out in Trump crap. Oh, and a roadside pop-up shop of Trump merchandise.

Has there ever been a president with this much enthusiasm from their base? They worship him like a god.

Also someone please correct me if I'm reading things wrong, but going by 538, just like Trump, Biden nearly requires PA to have a chance at all.

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope Trump loses so hard this November. VOTE.
however he will have appointed 3 supreme court judges and red states will still dominate the senate blocking everything. he has won for the next 50 years essentially.
Yep.

If Dems win back the 'blue wall; (MI, WI, PA) Biden is at 272. Game over.

Of those states, the most likely pickup (which still isn't all that great for Don), is PA. If he loses PA there is almost no scenario where he wins the presidency.
how about he orders his 6 judges to annul the election?

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
I take walks through the neighborhood in far northeast Philly. Lots of Trump fans out here. Big flags hanging from their houses alongside Thin Blue Line American flags. Various yard signs. Big fans of the police out here too. Here are some of my faves:

this sign appeared after trump called the vets "losers" the other week:
LoQMqTV.jpeg

this person just bought this house:
Pay1Ow7.jpeg

this person is getting in the fall spirit!
WXh7Yhe.jpg

Last edited:

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
PA resident here. He won't. This place is Trump central. There's like 10x more Trump yard signs than there were in 2016 in like a 50 mile radius where I live. It's depressing. I haven't seen a single Biden yard sign and next week is October.

The one thing Trump does is unite the rich and poor people. Some dumpy trailer decked out in Trump signs and a mansion a few miles away with Trump flags. You'd think that would alert you not to vote for Trump as a poor person but nope.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who lives in NJ less than an hour from PA, whose wife works with countless people who live in PA, and who had a great grandfather that lived deep into PA in the middle of nowhere (he passed away about 15 years ago), this terrifies me to not end. I really hope I am scared for no reason.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
PA resident here. He won't. This place is Trump central. There's like 10x more Trump yard signs than there were in 2016 in like a 50 mile radius where I live. It's depressing. I haven't seen a single Biden yard sign and next week is October.

The one thing Trump does is unite the rich and poor people. Some dumpy trailer decked out in Trump signs and a mansion a few miles away with Trump flags. You'd think that would alert you not to vote for Trump as a poor person but nope.
Not everyone wears their politics on their shoulder lol. Ignore the yard signs. By that measure you'd think Trump is enormously popular if you watched his rallies.

jakomocha

Oct 29, 2017
California
Is there any actual evidence that yard signs indicate how a swing state will go? Considering they are literally a cult, it seems fitting that way more Trump supporters would be obnoxious and showy about their support than Dems

Last edited:
For all that PA is a hillbilly wasteland between the cities, people need to remember that Trump people are all about performative displays. It's a form of intimidation. The Trump political brand is BUILT on aggressive posturing.

Even if they end up being the minority, every single Trump voter is going to be screaming in the streets while waving flags.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
My cousin had a wedding up in the Pocono area a few years ago, the number of confederate flags observed in PA was pretty on par with many of the more racist southern state backwoods type places.
It's one of my least favorite things about my home state is the confederacy idolatry, weren't even on that side you would think the state was cut in half during the civil war. Just a lot of racist assholes up here, especially in the very rural areas and it's a sizable portion of the state.

I think biden has a good shot at it though, PA has gone blue in all but one election in the past 30 years(the last one of course) and he is from Scranton. I imagine a lot of people went Obama-Trump last election because Obama "didn't do enough" for some people and that will shift back enough this election plus increased turnout. I saw very little from the Clinton campaign in 16.

Last edited:

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
As a resident of a hillbilly shithole in PA I'm making sure to vote for Biden but man the amount of Trump decorations all over people's houses around here is off putting. Seriously some of these fuckers have their houses looking like billboards for Trump 2020.
There have been a few houses by me that have been like that for YEARS.

tobascodagama

Aug 21, 2020
I note that in all but one Biden victory case (at least in the top-of-page graphic), he wins Maine. Dirigo indeed!

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
Not everyone wears their politics on their shoulder lol. Ignore the yard signs. By that measure you'd think Trump is enormously popular if you watched his rallies.

yeah, everyone i know is voting for biden. none of us have fucking biden signs on our lawns. the cult worships and that's not an easy thing to overcome but its also not impossible.

OP
OP
platocplx

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Michigan was lost by voter apathy. Wow
worse. you should watch this video.

the trump campagin systematically targeted black voters, just enough to help depress turn out by targeting ads in states like MI. WI,PA and GA. Its bad. Seeing this and correlating to turn out. Its clear what they did.