• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ya?

• A lot

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Not often

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • What is this garbo thread?

Votes: 75 93.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

painey

Oct 27, 2017
bOQ9udX.png

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
image-placeholder-title.jpg

Yamaguchi was in Hiroshima on Aug 6th, 1945, the date of the first American atomic bombing. He was there on a business trip for his company, a shipbuilding outfit. Yamaguchi survived the blast with major burns to the left side of the upper half of his body.The blast also left him temporarily blind and ruptured both his eardrums. Despite his injuries, he crawled to shelter, rested briefly and set out to find two of his work colleagues, who were also lucky enough to have survived the blast. Yamaguchi spent the night following the bombing in an air raid shelter before returning to his home in Nagasaki.

Just three days after surviving the blast at Hiroshima, Yamaguchi also survived the atomic bombing of Nagasaki. He was at his place of work, actually telling the story of surviving the bomb at Hiroshima to his boss when the second bomb was dropped.Yamaguchi survived this catastrophe with no direct injuries, but suffered an infection of his burns from the first blast due to being unable to receive proper medical attention.
http://www.history101.com/japanese-man-survived-two-atomic-bombs/

He ended up living to be 93.

RedBlue

Oct 27, 2017
Queens, NY
There is a downhill turn with houses along both sides of the street in my hometown. My uncle has hit one of the houses on the turn twice. They now have a guardrail so no one can hit the house.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
My friend has gotten his wife prego 6 times. Not a one was planned. They just like to drink a lot of wine when the kids are out of the house

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania

nemoral

Oct 25, 2017
Fiddler's Green
I was in the passenger seat three different times when the same guy had accidents. All of them his fault, all of them because we were talking and he apparently couldn't talk and watch the road at the same time.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
I know a guy who got struck by lightning twice.

He owns a car...

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
Not a car accident but my mind jumped to this

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/15254176/ns/us_news-life/t/plane-hit-home-woman-hurt-macys-parade/

A woman whose apartment was burned in the high-rise crash of New York Yankees pitcher Cory Lidle's plane was the victim of another frightening, bizarre and high-profile Manhattan accident years earlier, when a lamppost knocked over by a parade float seriously injured her.

A news story from 1998, nearly 8 or so years earlier

http://articles.latimes.com/1998/may/05/news/mn-46622

Kathleen Caronna, 34, was in a coma for almost a month after a hunk of metal struck her in the head when fierce wind sent the Cat in the Hat balloon careening into a lamppost as she watched the parade.

Status
Not open for further replies.