• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
This thread is firing on all cylinders. I also love how the response is split between "lol" and "I'm scared for him."

olubode

Oct 28, 2017
It's the eyes twitching at the end that gets me. Even if the AI misinterpreted it...did it really? Like I went into defensive mode.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Can you say ass on national TV in the US? This is quite bizarre to me. It doesn't even register as profane to me.

Oct 27, 2017
Found the guy who cursed in front of his mother. 🍵
tenor.gif

Oct 27, 2017
lotta ppl without minority parents in this thread showin their ass

Yeah its actually kind of interesting. Because I never saw the big deal, and am raising my kids the same way (I don't censor them but we talk about when and where certain words are appropriate.) But I was raised white and middle class, the stakes aren't as high when we act up as adolescents. Also very not religious, and in my experience there's overlap there. Older more relogious=cussing bad and disrespectful. Most of my friends who were white and middle class couldn't cuss, but they were more conservative. Some of it always seemed sexist to me too frankly, like 'don't cuss in front of the lady' shit but my wife cusses more than anyone else i know sooo lol

Sybil

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Some of you guys have the white parents where they let you call their friends by their first name and it shows

my mom doesn't even speak English that well and I still don't curse in front of her lol

Codeblue

Oct 25, 2017
I think the last time I cursed in front of my mom was in 2nd grade when I asked her what something I heard at school meant and she told me the next time I did that I'd lose my tongue.

Seirith

Oct 25, 2017
My mom swears, not often but she does. My dad will say "language" when one of us says something he doesn't like, she will usually repeat what she just said to annoy him, after 49 years or marriage he just shakes his head and laughs.

I would never swear at my parents but I think thinking some words are bad is silly, saying "Gosh darn it" is no different than saying "oh shit" to me.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
This instantly became a classic, you're gonna see that lil floating head all over Tweet replies.

Incite

Oct 25, 2017
Is your family extremely, insanely sheltered and conservative?

This is an interesting window into other people's experience🤓

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
if you changed it to Laughing My Anus Out would it be better?
It also feels like a more realistic scenario.

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
How much of a beatdown did you have in your childhood not to say ass to your parents as an adult? Look, my dad slammed my head in concrete more than once and threw a phone book at my face with enough force to break my nose but I still curse.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
This seems incredibly fake/staged like most things on the internet.

It's a crime it has 90K retweets. Who is this random person with 2K followers? Who did he pay to get this viral?

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god this is killing me. It's that weird in-between moment where a parent understands tech but is also corny as hell at using it. We've all experienced varying degrees of this from our parents.

Not too long ago my mom finally discovered emoji and oh boy.

Threadkular

Dec 29, 2017
I'm 38 and I wouldn't dare say "ass" in front of my parents. They'd react the same exact way. I was raised to speak to my parents more respectfully than everyone else.

Just wondering how do you feel about this? Like if you had/have kids would you do the same?

I was raised similarly and go back and forth on whether it was a positive for me or not.

Deleted member 2210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Later in my parents old age I've let a few curses slip but I've tried not to curse in front of them.
They allow me to curse sometimes in our home language though which is weird.
It's not that big a deal, your parents can properly respect you while still demanding you don't curse in front of them, seems like a low level boundary set that is effortless to comply with.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Not too long ago my mom finally discovered emoji and oh boy.
🤠 Hey good morning! 🌞 Your dad and I were thinking about taking Bailey 🐈 😾 to get groomed and then swinging by your place to pick you up for brunch! 🍳 Don't sleep in too late! 😝😂🤣

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Wait, am I the only person that says fuck in front of their parents??

When I became an adult, my parents starting swearing in front of me too, and we're all happier for it.

FunMouse

Apr 30, 2018
I've never used profane language around my parents nor did I talk indecently around them. Still don't. I think it's just a respect kind of thing for me tbh. I mean, they curse around me and don't give a damn but it's just something I would do lol.

cyress8

Avenger
Wait, am I the only person that says fuck in front of their parents??

When I became an adult, my parents starting swearing in front of me too, and we're all happier for it.
Some of us have old school parents. Mine are in their 70s. They grew up with the mindset that older people know better and cursing in front of them is disrespectful.

Do it on a Sunday and Mom would wear you the fuck down.