• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Great stuff. Should be an industry standard. Makes it easier for me which big February game I'm picking up.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
Another new feature is the Co-pilot system, which grants a second PlayStation controller with mirrored controls access to the game. This only requires another controller (DualSense controller for PS5, DualShock 4 controller for PS4) and a second user profile. The Co-pilot system was implemented thanks to incredible feedback and support from our sightless accessibility consultant.
Is that ever done before in game software ? (I guess specific hardware allow you do that already).
That's really great.
We're also introducing the Custom Difficulty setting, which allows you to adjust damage levels that Aloy deals and receives to/from enemies, giving more flexibility in adjusting combat difficulty.
Oh that's really nice. I am all to be punished when taking damage but I really don't like that most harder difficulties makes every ennemies HP sponge. That was something I really dislike in GoW, especially at the beginning of the game.
optional motion sensor controls
There are sliders for the sensitivity of movement as well as Dead Zone settings for the analog sticks
You can also decide on the size of the subtitles
We're also introducing the Custom Difficulty setting, which allows you to adjust damage levels that Aloy deals and receives to/from enemies, giving more flexibility in adjusting combat difficulty.
You can select your preferred language (both spoken and subtitles) when starting the game for the first time.
In the game menu you can find the Notebook
I am crying

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Great. :)
Aim assist on, because I suck at aiming in games, and map markers off, because I love to explore and find everything on my own.

Jeffram

Oct 29, 2017
Love seeing this type of stuff. Studios should be trying to raise the bar every year, and this sounds like a solid effort to do just that. I hope accessibility gets more integrated into the press side of reporting and gets a bigger focus on the award side too.

PspLikeANut

Free
May 20, 2018
The Sony first party games really go all-in with the accessibility. You love to see it!

I'm curious though, why do some you prefer gyro aiming? Is it much more effective with precision? I'm open to make that my default as well

doemaaan

Oct 27, 2017
There are some Really good features in here. I can see myself turning that easy loot feature on later in the game when I just wanna quickly grind for whatever components I might eventually need for gear 👍. I like it 😃.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Another new feature is the Co-pilot system, which grants a second PlayStation controller with mirrored controls access to the game. This only requires another controller (DualSense controller for PS5, DualShock 4 controller for PS4) and a second user profile. The Co-pilot system was implemented thanks to incredible feedback and support from our sightless accessibility consultant.
This is absolutely amazing. I wish this could be OS level for all consoles.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
The Sony first party games really go all-in with the accessibility. You love to see it!

I'm curious though, why do some you prefer gyro aiming? Is it much more effective with precision? I'm open to make that my default as well
It's much more precise &, when implemented correctly, is basically like using your controller as a mouse.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I wish a lot of these would be standard from an OS level across all platforms. In any case nothing but praises fro any devs that go all out on this!

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
More games should do this. I simply don't have the time to dedicate to many games and this will help me get through them easier. I love this and thanks, Guerrilla.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Custom Difficulty should be more common, keep the difficulty presets but let us finetune things to our preference.

brokenswiftie

Prophet of Truth
Banned
May 30, 2018
Yeah, no visual/colour aids is very strange 🤔 but this doesn't seem to be a comprehensive listing....
PS5 has system level colorblind settings iirc

IMG_2576.webp

Jun 2, 2019
I'm glad to see they are taking accessibility seriously. One of the things I didn't like about Zero Dawn was that I found climbing annoying because I couldn't find the right path, but now I can just highlight it so I won't get stuck anymore? Also no annoying loot and easier aiming with the possibility of extended automatic slowed time? And I can customize controls so that I don't have to press L3 to run? And then there's improved melee combat, a grappling hook, a glider, and maybe even
flying???

I think I'm finally starting to feel the hype. I will keep an eye on this game for sure.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
The list of options is truly impressive. Looking forward to playing the game later in the year (backlog is just too gigantic right now).

flyover

Oct 26, 2017
This is all such a great example of how designing with accessibility in mind can make for a better experience for everyone.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
Nice to see they also have options for the camera alignment. I know that could get a bit weird for people in the first game.

Question about the co-pilot mode. Why are the controls mirrored on the second controller? I understand a second player being able to assist but it seems like having the controls be opposite for them would be a hinderance. Accessibility settings like this are fascinating but I'm having trouble wrapping my head around this one.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
These are fantastic.

One question, in the controls image there's a function on the circle button called "swan":

gfycat.com

BUTTON MAPPING GIF | Gfycat

Watch and share BUTTON MAPPING GIFs on Gfycat

I'm not familiar with the term gameplay-wise, and google isn't exactly helping ("move about or go somewhere in a casual, irresponsible, or ostentatious way").

Does anyone have a idea of what kind of mechanic it's refering to?

dralla

Oct 27, 2017
Gyro aiming should be a standard feature at this point. Good to see it's there. Now I can only hope the implementation is done right. Still not sure how RE8 messed it up so badly.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
Whoa Gyro - i usually don't love it but i try it on every game that has it available so why not. I know tons of people who swear by it.

Also that co-pilot mode is wild and kinda genius. Would love that just like.. baked into the ps5 or something.

Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere South
Question about the co-pilot mode. Why are the controls mirrored on the second controller? I understand a second player being able to assist but it seems like having the controls be opposite for them would be a hinderance. Accessibility settings like this are fascinating but I'm having trouble wrapping my head around this one.

Pretty sure it's "mirrored" just in the sense that they're completely replicated on the second controller, like in "screen mirroring".

Oct 27, 2017
These are fantastic.

One question, in the controls image there's a function on the circle button called "swan":

gfycat.com

BUTTON MAPPING GIF | Gfycat

Watch and share BUTTON MAPPING GIFs on Gfycat

I'm not familiar with the term gameplay-wise, and google isn't exactly helping ("move about or go somewhere in a casual, irresponsible, or ostentatious way").

Does anyone have a idea of what kind of mechanic it's refering to?
Maybe "swan dive" press O after jumping so you dive straight into the water instead of just floating, just a guess.

Rogote

Oct 25, 2017
Amazing work by GG. Sony's first party efforts on this front are very impressive and of course so important.

Griffy

Oct 25, 2017
Nice to see they also have options for the camera alignment. I know that could get a bit weird for people in the first game.

"Mirrored" as in they are the same controls. Pressing a button on one controller is the same as pressing it on the other. Not literally mirrored as in flopped horizontally or something.

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, this is great to hear. I bumped ZD down to easy or even story a lot to compensate for my disabilities if I just couldn't make it work on Normal. Looking forward to tuning the settings to make it just right for me!

Bulebule

Oct 27, 2017
Pre-ordered it today on PS5. Glad that the pre-load is early as well. I never played the first Horizon (nor am I planning to), but I guess it won't be mandatory even though it's a sequel anyway.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
Love this stuff in games, wish more did it. I think the balance was strange in the first easy being too easy and normal being too hard for certain areas that customize that would be nice. Other games I can think of was TLOU2 and Control with the later being able to make me finish the game.

Gyro support day 1 is so good.