• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JoJoBae

Oct 25, 2017
Layton, UT
None of these are acceptable. If you're trying to shorten things: don't. It's 2021 and we have full keyboards on all our devices in some manner. It takes more time to type out a gamefaqs era acronym on my phone than to swipe type the full title that won't confuse anybody.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm. Haven't caught up with the thread yet (except the above post), but I also quite like SplatOOOn.

! ! !

ashm

Oct 26, 2017
Playstation 5 -> PSF
Xenoblade Chronicles X -> XbCX
Pikmin 4 -> PM4
Final Fantasy XVI -> FiFa16

Akiller

Oct 25, 2017
Since it sounds like it'll be more than a revision Nintendo Succ would be the proper name.

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
3platoon = Splatoon 3
NNSW = New Nintendo Switch
P4 = Pikmin 4
MK9 = Mario Kart 9
2OTW = Breath of the Wild 2
3MH = no more heroes 3
SM3DW2 = Super Mario 3D world 2

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
I always read the name of L4erCake as Luh-Four-er Cake. So I don't think those numbers as letters don't work. So glad RE:3 isn't known as R3make god damn.

Deleted member 18324

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Stretching the meaning of "abbreviation" to breaking point by shortening words by a single character in a way that actually makes them harder to touch-type, great work OP

OP
OP
Spring-Loaded

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 20, because it's Breath of the Wild 2, and the 20th main Zelda game. I think people will understand this easily.
reinforcing that it's the 20th while keeping the abbreviation short would be an elegant way of referring to it.

BotW20, or even B20W

jxoc4AP.png
Playstation 5 -> PSF
Xenoblade Chronicles X -> XbCX
Pikmin 4 -> PM4
Final Fantasy XVI -> FiFa16
At least a few of these would be perfect for their respective series—there are so many games with "FF" as their abbreviation, and "FiFa"removes that ambiguity
Don't forget Mar10 Day!
This would work for the 10th Mario title

SplatIIIn (Splatoon 3)
2 Nintendo 2 Switch 2 (Switch 2)
SwOLED (Upgraded Switch with OLED screen)

SwOLED with be incredibly useful if there's a Switch model with an OLED screen, but it's still just called Switch officially.
So glad RE:3 isn't known as R3make god damn.
RE4R is incoming

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
I thought we agreed that Switch 2 will be called Succ!

www.resetera.com

Switch Means Life, You Shall Not Get The Succ Anytime Soon

“Switch” Means Life, You Shall Not Get “The Succ” Anytime Soon!!! [2025 Release] IMPORTANT READ: This thread is asking how long will the Nintendo Switch life cycle be and when do you think the launch window of Successor is??? I do still believe a NSW successor won’t come intill at the earliest...

Oct 27, 2017
None are acceptable. I'd rather see a blatant rip-off of something else, like "Splatoon Eternal: The Old 'Pods" than a clever-not-clever abbreviation like "MIItopia" or "Bowser's FurII"

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
these are the legally accepted terms per my lawyer

Swaunch = Launch Model Switch
Swrevision = Revision Switch
Swipro = Tentative Switch Pro

Sketchsanchez

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
RE2MAKE is literally the worst.

REmake works and rules.