• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
Is this the "Civil War 2" we-support-the-president neo-confederate type of dogwhistle?

Or am I reading too much evil into it?

Oct 27, 2017
when has law enforcement never not been on the side of tyranny?
More people need to see it from the source. For some strange reason, a lot of people think the police protect them from this nebulous evil waiting to attack. Reality- police act with impunity, on their own volition, often without regard to the constitution or legality. They aren't a group of saviors at the gate preventing the hoard. They're more like a chaotic neutral/evil, legalized street gang.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
normally i don't care for union busters but police seem to the one case that demands them

Dodongo

Oct 25, 2017
First of all, their statement is highly inappropriate and they should stay out of Congressional procedures.

Second of all, fuck the police

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
IMG-20191028-182943.jpg

Found this in my city

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
Great fucking irony that they are arguing for the President's right to due process when the President's lawyers are arguing that the President cannot even be investigated for a crime!

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for all of the good cops to write letters condemning this statement.

I'll have reading material for days, no doubt, from all of the things the good cops will write.

Lundren

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait for all of the good cops to write letters condemning this statement.

I'll have reading material for days, no doubt, from all of the things the good cops will write.

I'm surprised that the professional defenders on this forum haven't shown up yet.

They must not believe as strongly as they claim.

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
Organization that believes it reserves the right to unquestioned extra judicial killings demands no process in the name of due process.

Anarion07

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Cops should definitely banned from making political endorsements.
But generalizations like fucking ACAB should also be bannable.
I have friends in the German police and Europol and they are nowhere near what US police is always depicted as here.
It just triggersme every time because ACAB is so untrue.

Edit: this might not be related to the topic at hand if it wasn't in the damn title

Lundren

Oct 27, 2017
Cops should definitely banned from making political endorsements.
But generalizations like fucking ACAB should also be bannable.
I have friends in the German police and Europol and they are nowhere near what US police is always depicted as here.
It just triggersme every time because ACAB is so untrue.

Edit: this might not be related to the topic at hand if it wasn't in the damn title

We're not discussing your German police in here.

Anarion07

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
We're not discussing your German police in here.
I'm sorry but ACAB is pretty generalizing.
But that's the problem with resetera. It's so damn is centric. Just like "all" CAB the whole pharma industry is shit because mehhh so expensive. A lot of the US systems are shit. The EU is fine.
So.somethig like ACAB might be shitty for a German policeman on era to read.
Just like the pharma stuff is shitty for scientists to read.

Last edited:

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
But my friends aunts neighbors dog walkers brothers cousin is a good cop!!! Wtf at this generalizing era!!!!

Shit. My pearls.

Veliladon

Oct 27, 2017
Strip their non-profit tax exempt status. 501(c)(3) organizations shouldn't be anywhere near politics and they know it.

Anarion07

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
User Warned: Thread derail
That may be the case, but the context makes it clear who is being talked about.

And yes, generally, American cops are all bastards.

All means all. And I'm just sick of generalizations. I'm actually pretty sure there's a bunch of good cops in the U.S. as well. And yelling ACAB isn't gonna change a thing because good people inclined to go down that career path will be branded either way

Oct 25, 2017
But that's the problem with resetera. It's so damn is centric. Just like "all" CAB the whole pharma industry is shit because mehhh so expensive. A lot of the US systems are shit. The EU is fine.
No one cares that you can't comprehend context.

Oct 27, 2017
Let the german cops stay on the right side of the people and they won't have to worry about it. You don't have to defend them.

Lundren

Oct 27, 2017
All means all. And I'm just sick of generalizations. I'm actually pretty sure there's a bunch of good cops in the U.S. as well. And yelling ACAB isn't gonna change a thing because good people inclined to go down that career path will be branded either way

You're right. The minorities in this thread saying ACAB aren't going to change anything. We say it because we're fed up and frustrated. The cops you're defending could kill any of us tomorrow and we would not see any justice.

You can keep policing our tone in defense of those you are offended for if you want. But that isn't going to change any of the reality we face. None of those mythical good cops you reference will do anything to change that.

Anarion07

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
You're right. The minorities in this thread saying ACAB aren't going to change anything. We say it because we're fed up and frustrated. The cops you're defending could kill any of us tomorrow and we would not see any justice.

You can keep policing our tone in defense of those you are offended for if you want. But that isn't going to change any of the reality we face. None of those mythical good cops you reference will do anything to change that.

They are not mythical. They are probably just rare in the U.S.
And that's why generalizations suck. This is an international forum. Or should be, at least.

Lundren

Oct 27, 2017
And that's why generalizations suck. This is an international forum. Or should be, at least.

Name one who has spoken out. I'll wait.

It is an international forum. That's why the OP did such a great job making sure that we all know we're talking about the police Union in the US.

Rodan

Nov 3, 2017
Like when someone says "all men are bad" or "all gamers are toxic" I just assume when people say "ACAB" they aren't talking about me specifically. I just read it and move on, knowing they are frustrated and looking for CJ reform, which I support entirely. But yeah some of us do hate Trump and want him impeached immediately, and despise the FOP for that matter

Anarion07

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Like when someone says "all men are bad" or "all gamers are toxic" I just assume when people say "ACAB" they aren't talking about me specifically. I just read it and move on, knowing they are frustrated and looking for CJ reform, which I support entirely. But yeah some of us do hate Trump and want him impeached immediately, and despise the FOP for that matter
See but this is what I'm talking about . Especially with people doubling down on their "No I mean ALL of them"