• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
I actually turn the music off on a lot of games. I might get my gamer card revoked for turning it off in Nier Automata. I found the atmosphere cooler when it's just the austere sci-fi clips and boops that are ambient in the world

DeepSearch

Oct 28, 2017
Florida
I haven't heard it but I will be disappointed if there's no viking/Nordic folk/neopagan music in the veins of Wardruna etc. in the game.
Then you're in luck! The front man for Wardruna collaborated on the soundtrack. A fact I just discovered, after thinking to myself that the music sounded suspiciously similar.
www.loudersound.com

Listen to Wardruna's theme to Assassin’s Creed Valhalla

Wardruna’s Einar Selvik has released the theme to Assassin’s Creed Valhalla and announces the band's 2021 North American tour dates

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Then you're in luck! The front man for Wardruna collaborated on the soundtrack. A fact I just discovered, after thinking to myself that the music sounded suspiciously similar.
www.loudersound.com

Listen to Wardruna's theme to Assassin’s Creed Valhalla

Wardruna’s Einar Selvik has released the theme to Assassin’s Creed Valhalla and announces the band's 2021 North American tour dates
Nice!

Anything like Les Bâtards du Nord or stuff like Storm, Falkenbach etc. (but without the metal) at all?

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hear my roommate playing it in the living room all the time and I frankly have never disagreed with a take on Era as much as I disagree with this one lol

Bru

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Valhalla's score is atmospheric and mystical, that may not suit everyone. Personally, the music makes me yearn and recall hikes in some of Britain's most remote, rugged and beautiful places.

I think the OST is incredible.

Last edited:

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Huh, I think the music is really good. At least what I played standed out, I think its Jesper Kyd who does it.

I stopped playing the Hitman games cause they fired that guy, he still got it I reckon.

Nov 3, 2020
My partner and I were just talking about how the music might be the best of the series so far. It is certainly my favorite; it doesn't sound like "generic fantasy music" like some of the previous titles. To be fair, there are a few tracks that are "generic", but the atmospheric/reactive music is clearly inspired by BOTW (in a good way).

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Not owning the game and after Skillup's review probably not until a huuuge sale. But I've been listening to the soundtrack for WEEKS. It's amazing.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
Boo this man. The OST is amazing.

Listened to it on repeat on Apple Music just yesterday

sam777

Oct 27, 2017
The music is amazing, I love the little themes that play as you coming up a mountain

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Hj6siEb.jpg

Best OST since AC2.

Plax

Nov 23, 2019
I can't agreed with this. While it's not the best AC music (so far), it's doing quite well early on.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh fuck no, this soundtrack is so god damn in theme with the game it's adds a whole other layer of depth to the story, characters and world. All three composer especially since they FINALLY for Jesper Kid back, it's just fantastic!