• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ragolliangatan

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 31, 2019
This is true, we have to wait for DF's video to see what happens.
The good news is that 60FPS is an option.

I noticed the resolution drop from quality mode and what seems to be a slightly pared in draw distance. That said the jump from 30 to 60fps in fluidity is huge. Going back to 30fps feels so sluggish in comparison.

BoxScar

Jul 21, 2020
With tearing gone I'll pick this up at Christmas. Good to see the S getting this patch too, I wonder why they didn't impliment it from the start? Looks a bit soft, it will be interesting to see what the lowest resolution is. Now they just need to fix the freezing in Breakpoint on the Series X and every issue with Watch Dogs....

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019

Series S is impressive...

a 299$ machine with rizen 7 3700 CPU equivalent, SSD who outperforms sometime EVO 970, Ultra Small design + GPU who support all next gen DX12 Ultimate features is impressive.

We don't know if it was true 1080p yet but, for a PC who runs AC Valhalla in 1080p60FPS and having fast load times, you will need a GTX 1660 + a quality SSD / CPU so more than +700$.

Soviet

Oct 28, 2017
That stupid mystery with the blind guy in mountains I had left is still broken after the patch... Guess I'll have to wait a bit longer...

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Can't say if the tearing is 100% gone on Series X but so far I have not seen any. Curious to see the game re-examined. Quality really doesn't seem worth it though.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Can't say if the tearing is 100% gone on Series X but so far I have not seen any. Curious to see the game re-examined. Quality really doesn't seem worth it though.
i played now for 1.5 hour. And i have seen one. A very small one. Dont think its fully gone. But way way better then before. Like every cutscene had it. And i havent seen it at all in cutscene atm.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
Um is it just me or is there no more vibration lol? Tried with two controllers and there's no more rumble when drawing a bow etc

Bucéfalo

Banned
May 29, 2020
Series S is impressive...

a 299$ machine with rizen 7 3700 CPU equivalent, SSD who outperforms sometime EVO 970, Ultra Small design + GPU who support all next gen DX12 Ultimate features is impressive.

We don't know if it was true 1080p yet but, for a PC who runs AC Valhalla in 1080p60FPS and having fast load times, you will need a GTX 1660 + a quality SSD / CPU so more than +700$.
Not even close, you can play this at native 1080p with a 1650, ryzen 3100 and the cheapest kingston a400.

And for those 700€ you can get a brand new PC with a rtx 2060 and a ryzen 1600AF, at least here in spain.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Where the Series S haters at? =P

I have no idea why the hate for lowest entry to next gen + access to 300+ titles on gamepass.

If you are the type that values power, just ignore it. It won't take anything away from your enjoyment. Everyone should experience gaming at the lowest cost they can get away with.

azfaru

Dec 1, 2017
One annoying bug I've had is having the horse not folllowing my directions. As if it's stuck on its own path. Happened way more than I would have liked

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure why some are surprised Series S could run this at 60fps. It's a current gen game. It's definitely possible.

I mean, it's even running on Xbox One S.

SpokkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
is the framerate improved on series x? it dropped frames (by tearing frames) in bigger towns before

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What happened in that thread?
People making hyperbolic statements about the generation and the damage Series S will do, no consideration towards what is clearly an under utilisation of hardware, to no fault of the devs, just the reality of the conditions at the moment. Doesn't mean things won't be rectified later however. Looking forward to the DF thread.

Oct 28, 2017
Not sure if it was posted before but after I downloaded the update on PS5, all the trophies I had earned on PS4 unlocked with the exception of Settlement Level 3. I hope when I level up the settlement again it would recognize and unlock it.
Also the nudist side quest got fixed, the box respawned and even though it gave me a weird cutscene I could still finish it.

Oct 12, 2020
Reports sound pretty good thus far Ubi. I might wait a bit further forwhat DF has to say....but it looks like you'll get my money for the Series X version after all.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
I hope the quality mode is ultra settings at the expense of resolution. Just having a higher resolution than performance mode wouldn't be worth the frame rate hit.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
It's easy to point finger at others now. After the battle, everybody is a general. :/
Sure, but on the other hand everyone should know that judging any console (PS, Xbox, Nintendo or Philly Series 5) performance with launch games is premature. Especially when games nowadays get patches over time.

So yes, I think it's fine in this case to call people out, even though it's easy to do this in hindsight. Simply because it's common sense to wait before jumping to conclusions and we saw this in many different threads iirc.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So anyone know what kind of improvement quality mode brings?

I tried it out briefly and the lightning and reflections seem to have been improved noticeably. I immediately noticed that candles give off a softer glow and the weapons on Eivor's back are shinier.

Probably not worth half the framerate though. 😅

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
Shame these fixes weren't implemented before launch. Clearly a rushed title. XSS version looking great though!

Paper Wario

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Resolution is definitely higher. I think draw distance might be better. Hard to spot much more with my quick check. Didn't feel worth it over the much better framerate.
It would be cool if there was an in game option that split your screen in half so you could see the differences in realtime. Rocket League has something similar with showing HDR on/off.