• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Hopefully we get some improvements in performance mode as the game in 4k/60 feels great with VRR. If they fix the tearing completely on the PS5 version I would honestly buy that one too.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
So the original intended mode with 30 FPS Native 4K. I wonder what graphical settings got increased. If graphical settings are the same ad the 60 FPS mdoe then then dropping the res is not big deal for me.

OldDirtyGamer

Apr 14, 2019
Pretty cool to see series s getting 60fps . Looks like it does seem possible to scale resolution and some other minor things and still get same performance as X

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
Hoping to see the Series S version turn out well. I feel like devs have a lot more they can pull from it and I think that will get better as games transition to next gen only.

Sony released some very polished AAA games lately.

Still waiting for a Zelda LA patch, would have expected to see more frame drops in TLOU2 than a NES remake... But yeah Nintendo games are in general polished!

Game Boy. But don't forget old games like that had their own issues: slowdown city!

I think they just sacrificed framerate a bit too much with LA remake and chased graphics just a tad too much.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And yeah to the people who are like there's no stealth in this game, it's like do you just not use your bows or have them leveled or something? It's trivially easy to just wipe a whole joint solo with a bow from rooftops and grass.

This game is basically archery the game for me lol.

Like the raids are completely optional if you prefer to stealth a joint.

Also you can do rooftop and and regular assassinations easily enough without alerting the whole base, even in the hard difficulties.

Like obviously when you blow a horn and raid a joint you ain't stealthing.

Plus putting people to sleep left and right. You can damn near sleep a whole camp and then go stealth kill em.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
huh, it already looks and plays amazing at 60fps

probably will not bother with the 30fps option for now

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
Awesome. Definitely sticking to 60fps though. 30fps in 2020 for me is a big no-no. They really need to add a performance option to Watch Dogs while they're at it.

I am about 40 hours in so far. My favorite AC game in years. I'll skip playing more today and wait for patch tomorrow :)

(Xbox Series) Improved experience on Xbox Series S | X consoles including screen tearing

3UvRdl5.gif

Rivyn

Oct 26, 2017
I am really curious what that HDR fix will be because some exteriors and interiors are so washed out that it makes me want to turn off HDR.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Welp, looks like I'm diving back into this for my Thanksgiving day off tomorrow. I was waiting for the XSX screen tearing issue to be addressed.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Leaving it on Performance on the SX,I dont really notice any dips below 60 fps or whatever and the game is gorgeous,hopefully the screen tearing is fixed in cut scenes because that is where I notice it more...

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
I am gonna assume the screen tearing fix is for all xbox consoles, not just the series S/X. It's bad on my one X as well.

g-m1n1

Oct 27, 2017
Luxembourg
Hoping to see the Series S version turn out well. I feel like devs have a lot more they can pull from it and I think that will get better as games transition to next gen only.

Game Boy. But don't forget old games like that had their own issues: slowdown city!

I think they just sacrificed framerate a bit too much with LA remake and chased graphics just a tad too much.
Yes GameBoy ofc! :-D

I liked that remake a lot, but I think they could manage to publish it without fps drops.

Cincaid

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
Excellent, was waiting for this patch before buying. The game seems really good but the tearing would really bug me. Will pick up the Gold Edition on Friday for Series X if the patch is solid work.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus... Ubisoft saw the Crusader King patch notes and decided to go all in "Hello fellow teens" huh?

Anyway, glad to get a patch for the game. Loving it so far.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty cool to see series s getting 60fps . Looks like it does seem possible to scale resolution and some other minor things and still get same performance as X

That is what I expect for Series S, lower resolution and less graphical effects (raytracing disabled if should be) so the games can achieve same or very close performance to Series X.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Reading this make me feel that it will be less quality assets to stay 60fps 100% on next gen ...

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
When i see these patches and options i always think. Why not release the game two weeks later and this was all in from day one.

Skeff

Oct 29, 2017
I will try the 30fps mode to see how it looks and feels. Always nice to have something pretty on the new consoles.

SuzanoSho

Dec 25, 2017
Fix the HDR and, honestly, patch the weather so that 95 percent of the day isn't a big ass cloud shadow...

EDIT: For PC, that is...

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
So glad I didn't buy this at launch

I wonder if they will add RT to the quality mode.

Arsic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm reading this over, but it doesn't seem anything for console tearing specifically is there? I literally cannot watch a single cut scene in this game on my 4K TV without tearing taking places for the PS5 version.

Do we have to wait for the PS5 VRR patch for that to be taken care of, or will just setting to performance mode fix this?