• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
Not to bitch, but I don't know how queues move so slowly. It should only take a few minutes to sell turnips and I've been in queue for nearly an hour and I'm not even half way there.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Not to bitch, but I don't know how queues move so slowly. It should only take a few minutes to sell turnips and I've been in queue for nearly an hour and I'm not even half way there.

The loading screens for people arriving and leaving take a lot of time, plus you have to go through all the text in the airport before you can even input the Dodo code. People better not be sneaking second trips in; they should leave and rejoin the queue instead.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
except that the damn cutscenes of the entrance and exit of people slow down the process by a lot. The quickest I've been able to sell my turnips on the exchange page is about 10 minutes, and that's with very little cutscene interference

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017

people have to remove themselves from the queue when they're done. Also it issues the code to the next people but it may take minutes for them to see it and come over. Can easily be ten minutes per person - then complicated by 'someone is arriving' delays. And once people have the dodo code they might make multiple trips, share a code with a friend..

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know how profit works for the nook miles? Is it just how much I sell for, or does it properly calculate profit by discounting the amount I paid for them? I'm 2m away from the 10m target

TrojanAg

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I've been meaning to ask, what determines your own islands prices? I have a four star island and they almost always stink. Do you have to have five stars for better prices? Buy turnips more frequently?
I've only been buying for a few weeks now and have a 4-star island as well so I don't know how some people are getting these crazy prices.

Oct 25, 2017
I think it might be faster if people literally set their queues to one person at a time so each person only gets their own loading screens and then gets the hell out to make way for the next one, without their stay getting extended by an extra 5 minutes from other peoples loading screens

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Thank you to everyone hosting their islands for the rest of us! I know it takes a lot of time and you can't just idle the whole time. Having to check the queue and maybe creating new Dodo codes is a lot of work. I appreciate it :D

Orbis

Oct 25, 2017
UK
It's like 1min30 per arrival, maybe 30s to my shop, 30s selling, 30s back, 1min to leave. Plus maybe a minute to get and enter the Dodo code. So maybe 5mins per person and none of it can happen simultaneously due to the absurd arrival/departure system.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Turnip selling would go a lot faster if no one had to watch the arrival scene. Granted it might be to mask load times for the other person, but over a minute seems crazy.

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018
Thanks for hosting Orbis !

These arrival and departure cutscenes are bullshit btw. First time I arrived I think I was the only one on the island and got done in like 2 minutes. Thought I had time for another quick run. And even though I left my second batch right outside my airport, it took me 10 more minutes due to all the cutscenes.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I have been kicked from Orbis queue while I was literally #3rd on the queue...
This is why I hate Turnip Exchange, it's NOT a reliable website, sigh.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Watch Nintendo make the loading even worse to stop people selling turnips on other islands. Sounds like something they'd do with the recent changes

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Did you close the tab? Just need to refresh it. You should still be in line

I didn't close anything at all. The tab is still open as I write this post.
I had a pop-up saying "You have been kicked from the queue" and that was it. I never closed it, I had it opened for 2 hours straight now, since I first joined it.

Lexxism

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I didn't close anything at all. The tab is still open as I write this post.
I had a pop-up saying "You have been kicked from the queue" and that was it. I never closed it, I had it opened for 2 hours straight now, since I first joined it.
I had the same thing and I just refreshed the tab and I'm still in it. (OR I was remembering something different)
What recent changes?
Nerfing the spawn rates of insects.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
eponymous I'm #4 in the queue, please remember me if I get accidentally kicked ;)

ydfLIZU.jpg

V0ltg

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reducing spawn rates for bugs like the peacock butterfly or tarantulas, reducing the interest rate for the atm, etc. Just making the game more grindy to get money
Nerfed bug spawn rates for the rare ones that sell for more (peacock butterfly, for example)

Ah. Haven't relied on making big money through insects since the release week.
Also, the economy is busted, unless you don't have NSO to benefit from visiting other islands.

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Man, I hope to see a great price on my island one of these days. I've still never gotten higher than 150 personally.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Quick tip for everyone waiting in a queue: go to the airport and go through the dialogue for connecting online. But stop advancing dialogue when you see "Gotcha. Lemme just connect you to the ol ' internet..."

Then when you get the code, advance dialogue and enter the code. You can shave off a minute or so doing this.

Oct 27, 2017
It's like 1min30 per arrival, maybe 30s to my shop, 30s selling, 30s back, 1min to leave. Plus maybe a minute to get and enter the Dodo code. So maybe 5mins per person and none of it can happen simultaneously due to the absurd arrival/departure system.
That's assuming they actually start the process immediately when it's their turn