• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
bouyght like 1.5 million worth of turnips at 105 a turnip....hitting like 80 a turnip today. Please help me Era......:(

Moz La Punk

Journalist at Gamer.nl & Power Unlimited
Verified
May 15, 2018
The Netherlands
I was juuust a bit too late seeing a pm from a member here, wouldve made one hell of a profit :(. Oh well, waiting for the next good deal...

eponymous

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I have opened up again. My price is 419. Thank you.

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Tater

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah it's pretty nuts. The community on Resetera is waaaay more friendly and giving. I always tip well, but would never pay a million bells to visit.

I don't even get that from a ROI perspective, you'd be better off going with a lower sale price to avoid that crazy commission.

If you have to bring 1MM bells, you're eating up 10 slots of inventory. Even if you can get 700 / turnip, you're grossing 3000 * 700 = 2.1MM bells. Subtract out that fee, and you're at 1.1MM bells, and you still need to subtract out your buying costs.

If you instead paid 198k (2 stacks of bells) to sell at 450, you could bring 38 stacks of turnips. Then you'd gross 3800 * 450 = 1.7MM bells. Even with that fee, you've made 1.5MM bells not counting buying costs.

Sure, you're selling more turnips in the second example, but your time is worth something as well.

Orbis

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Hi all, my price is 613. Please find the turnip exchange link below, I would appreciate tips in bells of any amount since I stupidly sold mine at my morning price of 174! I'll be on the beach left of the airport.

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
Please remember to leave the queue when done!

navcomm81

Apr 15, 2020
Hi all, my price is 613. Please find the turnip exchange link below, I would appreciate tips in bells of any amount since I stupidly sold mine at my morning price of 174! I'll be on the beach left of the airport.

[Hidden content]

Thank you so much! In queue. Hopefully it'll be okay to try and make a few trips...and tips :)

Deleted member 56306

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2019

[Hidden content]

Hey how long do you have before a price change? I'd like to come over if possible.

EDIT: I failed at reading lol

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere in Zanarkand

[Hidden content]

Holy crap, that filled quickly. Orbis, how long do you think you'll be open? I'd love to join the queue.

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018

[Hidden content]
Full already. Damn.

Crono

Oct 25, 2017

[Hidden content]

How long do you think you will be on for? I'm grocery shopping so wont be home for like 2 hours ):

Deleted member 46493

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018

[Hidden content]
Would like to join in later as well :o

refusi0n1

Oct 27, 2017

[Hidden content]
Geez these fill up so fast lol

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017

[Hidden content]
Well i joined the queue and holy crap did that fill up fast. Guess I'll be waiting for a while.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France

[Hidden content]

Queuing this right now, hopefully Turnip Exchange won't die on me, I find the website can be unreliable at times.
Thanks for hosting us!

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

[Hidden content]
damn! I came too late! the queue filled so fast

Relix

Oct 25, 2017

[Hidden content]
I joined but this grew in no time. Holy crap. Thanks.

Kass15

Jan 14, 2018
I think I need to step away from the stalk market. It's too difficult to get into an island with a high selling price. I'm on edge all week like I'm day trading actual securities. On top of that, the cute little tanookis on my island know I have no where to go so they offer me next to nothing. I love those boys but my god are they stingy.

Tater

Oct 30, 2017
I think I need to step away from the stalk market. It's too difficult to get into an island with a high selling price. I'm on edge all week like I'm day trading actual securities. On top of that, the cute little tanookis on my island know I have no where to go so they offer me next to nothing. I love those boys but my god are they stingy.

Don't forget that it usually gets less crazy as the week goes on. Right now, lots of people have lots of turnips, but demand will go down as those people sell their turnips. By last Friday/Saturday, there were people who had 500+ sale prices that didn't have massive lines. Nothing is guaranteed, though - which is why people tend to scramble at the beginning of the week.

Uncle at Nintendo

▲ Legend ▲
Jan 3, 2018

It's less crazy by Thursday/Friday

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
If I can sell this lot off at a good price I am retiring from turnips. This shit is stressful haha

Lexxism

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Yeah, Tuesday and Wednesday are usually the busy time where there are quite a lot of demand from people who want to offload their turnips. I noticed that the demands goes down coming Thursday and later.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017

[Hidden content]

Thanks for having me!

Apr 23, 2020
My turnip prices are only 60 lol let me know if anyone has a better price I suppose. I'm poor so I don't have much lol I have a nmt?

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017

[Hidden content]

thank you so much, however I must've fudged something because it won't let me leave the queue (I'm Christian). It just says Queue full. Sorry! If you're able to kick me, please do so, as I've already left the island.

again, really sorry for screwing the queue up, but thank you for hosting!

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
thank you so much, however I must've fudged something because it won't let me leave the queue (I'm Christian). It just says Queue full. Sorry! If you're able to kick me, please do so, as I've already left the island.

close the tab and it will kick you out

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Folks are only making one trip, right? Doesn't seem fair to monopolize everyone's time just cause you bought 120 stacks of turnips. I guess maybe the host should specify what they do and don't allow.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France

[Hidden content]

What is your policy on multiple trips, by the way? I'd need 2 trips to sell my entire stock of turnips, so I'm wondering what is the appropriate procedure here?

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
EWs-F9PVAAIZu_I

I finally feel like the game is getting into the groove, and my time spent with it. With the new update and stuff I'm starting to get that AC vibe again where you don't know what's coming next, and that stuff happened while I was away.

Also, this seems to be a new villager (I haven't seen 'em before) and it's the first new character I really feel like "I want this to live in my city".

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
Bought too many turnips this week. My pockets are stuffed and there's not a single space in my house free of them.

oatmeal

Oct 30, 2017
Damn...I almost got into Moreau...but it was on my phone and I didn't want to sacrifice my phone that long.

Now I can't get into the queue on my computer.

Orbis

Oct 25, 2017
UK

No worries! It's sorted now, I have been keeping an eye on the queue in case people can't or forget.