• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

kizmah

Oct 29, 2017
Sweden
So I have a great turnip price (572) but I have never hosted. How does this work? Do I have to play while hosting or can I just open up and leave the game on? I'm busy for the next couple of hours but I would like to help out here.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So I have a great turnip price (572) but I have never hosted. How does this work? Do I have to play while hosting or can I just open up and leave the game on? I'm busy for the next couple of hours but I would like to help out here.

you have to make groups, I suggest 4, and then invite people over PMs with a dodo code, close session for everyone once they are done and invite the next 4 with a different code

also, I would like to come by if you allow me

Fizzgig

Oct 30, 2017

If you do open your gates and go afk, make sure you've set your auto-sleep timer on the Switch to never

treble

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

set up groups and DM them when ready. I'd love to come by if you're opening up :)

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Definitely would like to get in line if you're hosting. Will tip.

Typhest

Oct 26, 2017

Thanks for opening up for visitors! I would love to join in, if possible.

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
Where does the turnip pig appear? I didn't see her anywhere on sunday, I was at the point in the game where I had just put down the plot for
Mabel's shop
. I was kinda broke anyway then from building so bridges and stuff.

CONCHOBAR

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to get in line if you'll be hosting!

There's two main methods: you can post your Dodo code and leave your gate open for a while and just let people come through, or you can take a more hands-on approach and DM people codes one-by-one. It's up to you which you want to go for: the first is easier on you, but the second is quicker and more organized for the visitors.

Youabra

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Would love to go to your island once you decide how to host.

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Yah throw me in your queue as well if you ever get set up, thanks!

Andrin

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017

I'd also like to visit and sell off some turnips. I'd happily leave a tip as well.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I gotta say, I'm feeling pretty relieved I don't need to play the turnip game next week...or potentially ever again. The Nooklings have been kind in this and last week's prices
With that amount of money I'd just play the turnip game with the prices on my own island, slowly increasing my wealth without a hassle.

kizmah

Oct 29, 2017
Sweden
Unfortunately I don't have the time to play right now but I'll open up and turn auto-sleep off. Welcome over and good luck. Just turn right from the airport. If you happen to have a couple of oranges or apples I would appreciate that. I'm missing those on my island.

1SLJ1

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
Unfortunately I don't have the time to play right now but I'll open up and turn auto-sleep off. Welcome over and good luck. Just turn right from the airport. If you happen to have a couple of oranges or apples I would appreciate that. I'm missing those on my island.

1SLJ1
Ah a spoiler post isn't the ideal way to do it IMO as it seems you have everyone and their cat on their way to your island now.

eltercero

Feb 3, 2018
Madrid
Yeah, my connection dropped again. I added my island to turnip.exchange, soy they will handle the queue to avoid crowds:

(it's private on turnip.exhange and I'm only posting the link here so hopefully there are not too many people)

Really nice island!
Left a tip by the Museum, thanks a lot :)

Thanks a lot for the tip an the kind words :D

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
Random question but does anyone know if the expiry date of turnips remains when you trade them?

Like if I had turnips that were 6 days old and due to go off tomorrow, then I gave them to somebody else, would they still go off tomorrow?

Or would the 7 days restart for that person?

I assume the former but would be worth knowing when tipping people in turnips

DarthSontin

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Thanks to everyone who came, especially those who left tips. There was another connection error, so I'm going to close up shop for now. Good luck to everyone else!

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I just gave up, when the island is full you have to do the whole thing again to enter, it's carnage