• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Pirate Bae

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Highest I've seen is like 680 something

Anyway I updated the OP, thanks to Enduin for writing it out!

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
If any of you beautiful bastards DM me when yours are selling for 200 bells or more, I'll tip generously. 😏

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
oof. I just TT the rest of my week and never got anything above 170 or so. I thought for sure they would give you at least one decent return per week if you check every morning and night. Saturday afternoon now and I have to sell at 49 bells apiece. If I join another game they'll rot, right? Since I'm currently in the future.

Kinda shitty. Didn't think there was actual risk if you were diligent. Might kill my interest to keep play tbh, the game is time consuming enough just with building and design. The money needs to just be there.

Oct 27, 2017
Might kill my interest to keep play tbh, the game is time consuming enough just with building and design. The money needs to just be there.
. . .
Because you had a week where you could only make a ~1.5x return you might be done playing the game? Or do you just mean turnips? It's a stock market. The expectation of you getting a massive return every week would be nonsensical

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
. . .
Because you had a week where you could only make a ~1.5x return you might be done playing the game? Or do you just mean turnips? It's a stock market. The expectation of you getting a massive return every week would be nonsensical
I'm getting -50% return now.

But yeah, the game is time consuming enough without the money grind. I was under the impression that the grind disappeared if you did this so you could actually spend you time designing the island.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm getting -50% return now.
You bought them for no more than 110 and it rose to 170. You had a higher return at some point and chose to gamble for even more. There's a reason it's called the stalk market. At least with online the chance of losing money is minimized, unless you don't have NSO or simply choose not to visit other towns

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You bought them for no more than 110 and it rose to 170. You had a higher return at some point and chose to gamble for even more. There's a reason it's called the stalk market. At least with online the chance of losing money is minimized, unless you don't have NSO or simply choose not to visit other towns
I mean I know that now but that also massively increases the hassle of doing this. I thought this was a way people made the money bullshit go away. That part of the game is not fun.

Youabra

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Let's see if the price of the turnips increase largely during the next days in my island... Had quite the dissapointing prices last week.

Plasmid

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
bought 3k turnips yesterday for 96 each, 288k
sold 3k turnips today for 569 each 1,707,000
Profit of 1.4m.

Japanese twitter is HUGE for finding good turnip prices, and they usually want kitchen / bathroom appliances, or gold ore, or tickets/round trip.

Honestly great if youre trying to rush your house like i am

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
I mean I know that now but that also massively increases the hassle of doing this. I thought this was a way people made the money bullshit go away. That part of the game is not fun.
It is, especially if you're part of an online community where you can sell at someone elses town.
Each town cannot have a 500+ spike every week, that would be ridiculous. A spike of 150+ is normal, and so is getting crap prices all week.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It is how people make a ton of money, but its also a risk. I'm not sure how that couldn't be clear, lol.
A lot of the time the "risk" is fake in games like this. My fault for thinking AC would be friendlier about this sort of thing.

It is, especially if you're part of an online community where you can sell at someone elses town.
Each town cannot have a 500+ spike every week, that would be ridiculous. A spike of 150+ is normal, and so is getting crap prices all week.
Wasn't looking for 500+, just 200+. I read somewhere that said wait until 200+ to sell so I figured it was a sure thing if you check in twice a day.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
Damn people in AC discords asking for 500k fees to come to their island with high turnip prices, lol. The fuck is wrong with these people

Turning Animal Crossing into a serious game like this is awful. Why can't everyone just be chill and benefit from each other?

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
So I feel like everyone in this thread (including myself) is just waiting for the inevitable user who has a 500+ buying price at their town. If that happens, how do we want to handle that so this individual isn't just bombarded by hundreds of users all day?

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
A lot of the time the "risk" is fake in games like this. My fault for thinking AC would be friendlier about this sort of thing.

Wasn't looking for 500+, just 200+. I read somewhere that said wait until 200+ to sell so I figured it was a sure thing if you check in twice a day.
If you need to dump them before they rot you can sell them at my town for 130, at least you won't lose money.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
I don't have the stomach to play the long game. I sell as soon as I see profit because the idea of bothering someone to beg to be let into their town to sell makes me uncomfortable.

What's the most radical noon price change people have seen in a day? Is it possible to jump hundreds of bells in a day or is it typically within a set range?

Mipmap

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Following this thread! I bought a whole bunch with fish and tarantula money yesterday.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Does harvey run his own Casting Couch Studio? he invited me there to take "photos"

EUZVFzWUEAA_qT6

Veeboy

Oct 31, 2017
Went from 134 to 84 today. I'm not too worried about risk since I bought at 91 and only bought a bit less than 300,000 bells worth. Hoping for big payouts, though.

OP
OP
Pirate Bae

Pirate Bae

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
bought 3k turnips yesterday for 96 each, 288k
sold 3k turnips today for 569 each 1,707,000
Profit of 1.4m.

Japanese twitter is HUGE for finding good turnip prices, and they usually want kitchen / bathroom appliances, or gold ore, or tickets/round trip.

Honestly great if youre trying to rush your house like i am
Do you have a link? I'm looking at tags but seeing nothing

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So I feel like everyone in this thread (including myself) is just waiting for the inevitable user who has a 500+ buying price at their town. If that happens, how do we want to handle that so this individual isn't just bombarded by hundreds of users all day?
Honestly? With a community this big it's just not doable for most to get a go at one user's island. I would honestly suggest to mods and admins about a way to use something like the gift/giveaway bot for the one with the winning island to set a hard limit of how many one trip people they're willing to let in, manage group sizes, manage codes via DMs/PMs, and set a rule of tipping so the host gets something out of it for their effort.

If they can keep users anonymous somehow they can have the person PM people codes, and say they are in a group of four and they'll close the gate the second the 4 people are in or something.

Sunbro83

Oct 27, 2017
How do I get on the Bounty Board? I'd happily pay 750k for 3 trips if I could get 550+

Edit: just saw the google doc now that I've replied. I see how it works now. Can you put me down for 3 trips at 750k? If I get no takers I'll reconsider my bounty. I don't have Discord though. Is that a requirement?

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
How do I get on the Bounty Board? I'd happily pay 750k for 3 trips if I could get 550+

Edit: just saw the google doc now that I've replied. I see how it works now. Can you put me down for 3 trips at 750k? If I get no takers I'll reconsider my bounty. I don't have Discord though. Is that a requirement?
Discord helps with coordinating, but it's not required. But please do register on the Tracker if you haven't. I can add you to the Bounty Board once you have.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Turnip for hwhat

I'm here and I can't wait to get these filthy turnips off my beach. WE're gonna be rolling in it. Stonks. to the moon. hodl. and etc.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Turning Animal Crossing into a serious game like this is awful. Why can't everyone just be chill and benefit from each other?

It's because of how much of a hassle it is letting people visit. I get it- if I have a good sell price and am going to post my Dodo Code publicly, I would like some sort of reward for not being able to use my Switch for an hour.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Mine are selling for the incredible price of 41. Please get in the line for a trip.

JimJamJones

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Today my turnip prices went from 126 to 46. So yeah I'll be on the lookout for someone else's island most likely.

OP
OP
Pirate Bae

Pirate Bae

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
I hope we all enjoy the title

(I can change it if something else is decided on :) )