• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KevdotL

Oct 25, 2017
For full formatting: https://www.resetera.com/help/bb-codes/
Basically the use of HIDEREPLY makes it so that only people who have replied to the thread once can see a dodo code

[Hidden content]
Example post that would go in the hidden text. (Keep in mind just outright posting your Dodo code, even in a HIDEREPLY, is for short quick hosts that you don't expect like 10+ people to jump at)

Keep in mind the tracker has an etiquette itself which is best for hosting in general, although I'm not sure exiting with minus (-) is completely stable.
watching this thread

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
I'm starting to understand why the reddit threads almost always require tips/percentages to be left.

if you're doing anything other than sharing the Dodo code, you're taking time away from the host for managing PMs/DMs/island visitors. This is both work and time consuming.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
I'm starting to understand why the reddit threads almost always require tips/percentages to be left.

if you're doing anything other than sharing the Dodo code, you're taking time away from the host for managing PMs/DMs/island visitors. This is both work and time consuming.

I agree that SOME sort of tips should be left, but I'm not about to ask someone to leave me 20% of their investment.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone verify if this is correct?

Opening prices are from 8AM - 12PM local time
Closing prices are from 12PM - 10PM local time

skysthelimit

Jan 16, 2019
Can't quite remember what they were this morning, but they went down to 62 in the PM.

I've got something like 1400 turnips bought at 92 I think.

FoolsMilky

Sep 16, 2018
102 on Sunday. Haven't checked today. Hardcore AC players are scary. LOL
At maximum so far, it seems to be that the minimum Sunday buy is 90 and the maximum week price is 650.

90 -> 650 ~ 7.2x price = 620% profit

If you move that conservatively, (100 buy, 500 sell)

100 -> 500 = 5x price = 400% profit

And if you assume that you start at even 200k bells

200k -> 1m -> 5m -> 25m -> 125m -> 625m -> 999m (max)

And with that mathed out it starts to become obvious that taking 10+ trips to anyone's island is tedious, but not as tedious as storing hundreds/thousands of stacks of turnips.

And the only reason I type that out is because even as far back as Wild World on the DS there were items you got for storing certain amounts of bells in the bank, all the way up to 999,999,999 (Which gave you the Town Model). I don't know much about the other games so there may be no reason in this one (Maybe it's already been datamined?)

The reality is that after 10m, it's probably best to stick to your own town and get the best price you can, hopefully doubling money each time. Otherwise you're doing some pretty tedious island hopping at approximately 3trips/1million bells invested

EDIT: Here it is. The last reward in New Leaf was at 100,000,000. So they toned it down from the 1 billion of previous games lol
nookipedia.com

Savings

The savings account is a feature in the Animal Crossing series that allows the player to deposit or withdraw their Bells. It is accessed either from Pelly or Phyllis...

Last edited:

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I don't mind throwing a tip for their services, but I'm not giving up 30-40% of my profits. I was on their discord and the tip requests were outragous.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
My prices are falling from 79 to 75.

Do we know if this game follows the same price patterns as New Leaf?

Xelan

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
My afternoon prices today are at 154 but I want to wait a few days since I had to buy turnips at 109.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
At maximum so far, it seems to be that the minimum Sunday buy is 90 and the maximum week price is 650.

90 -> 650 ~ 7.2x price = 620% profit

If you move that conservatively, (100 buy, 500 sell)

100 -> 500 = 5x price = 400% profit

And if you assume that you start at even 200k bells

200k -> 1m -> 5m -> 25m -> 125m -> 625m -> 999m (max)

And with that mathed out it starts to become obvious that taking 10+ trips to anyone's island is tedious, but not as tedious as storing hundreds/thousands of stacks of turnips.

And the only reason I type that out is because even as far back as Wild World on the DS there were items you got for storing certain amounts of bells in the bank, all the way up to 999,999,999 (Which gave you the Town Model). I don't know much about the other games so there may be no reason in this one (Maybe it's already been datamined?)

The reality is that after 10m, it's probably best to stick to your own town and get the best price you can, hopefully doubling money each time. Otherwise you're doing some pretty tedious island hopping at approximately 3trips/1million bells invested

EDIT: Here it is. The last reward in New Leaf was at 100,000,000. So they toned it down from the 1 billion of previous games lol
nookipedia.com

Savings

The savings account is a feature in the Animal Crossing series that allows the player to deposit or withdraw their Bells. It is accessed either from Pelly or Phyllis...
Mine dropped into the 60s today. LOL And yeah, I'm in no rush to become the Jeff Bezos of the AC world. I'm barely 2/3rds the way to paying off my 198K loan, and am totally fine with that. :) But the above is cool to read through!

The Dink

Oct 28, 2017
Heads-up for those who came from New Leaf and used to use Rate My Mayor (RMM) from Reddit. There's an r/acturnip 570 bell/turnip seller who's only taking islanders that have a valid (even if archived/old) RMM account so now's your chance. Still a couple groups left it seems.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
Damn people in AC discords asking for 500k fees to come to their island with high turnip prices, lol. The fuck is wrong with these people

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Damn people in AC discords asking for 500k fees to come to their island with high turnip prices, lol. The fuck is wrong with these people

That's why I'm sticking here or my own.

My only ask is very small thank you tips, cute dresses, or a fun piece of furniture/decoration. Or nothing if you don't have anything because I get it.

Okamiden

Oct 25, 2017
I'd happily pay 500k for super high turnip sell prices. I'll make way more than that selling my turnips.

I'm part of the problem 8^)

easter

Nov 15, 2017
lol. seriously. i could be in and out of an island to sell my turnips in like 5 minutes. people must have gone legit ham.

Deleted member 8901

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Damn I just need a single trip but I've been reading about dudes waiting hours for their turn to get in a game with high turnip prices