• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AC? DC

• Animal Crossing

Votes: 324 19.9%
  • Assassin's Creed

Votes: 1,167 71.6%
  • Ace Combat

Votes: 49 3.0%
  • Armored Core

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Astral Chain

Votes: 19 1.2%
  • Asseto Corsa

Votes: 12 0.7%

• Total voters

Trieu

Feb 22, 2019
That is actually quite interesting, because my friends in discord always have this Assassin's Creed vs Animal Crossing debate when we talk about video games and AC.

For me personally it is Assassin's Creed, but being honest here I haven't really played any of those games.

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
AniCross
AssCreed
AceCo
ArCor
AsChain
AssCor

Solved

Final Fantasy would be FiFa, assuming Fatal Frame is FaFra and Final Fight's FiFi : V

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Without any context it'll always be Assassin's Creed. But if someone is talking about Animal Crossing and just types AC, I'm not an idiot, I can deduce he's talking about Astral Chain.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Assassin's Creed will never not be abbreviated to AssCreed for me. Too fun and dumb of a nickname lol.

francium87

Oct 27, 2017
Somehow my mind goes to Ace Combat.

Forever holding a grudge against Assassin's Creed for the lack of PoP games.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
My assumption was Assassin's Creed, and I was like "Huh, this will be an interesting read and thread."

For me, just seeing AC makes me think Armored Core.

FROM please.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
AC used to be Assassin's Creed for me until I played New Leaf. Now it is no contest

Deleted member 283

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's interesting... I have no particular interest in Assassin's Creed one way or the other, and love Animal Crossing, but yet when I see "AC" the first thing that comes to mind for me personally is Assassin's Creed all the same. Like I suppose it's that I'm used to seeing individual games in the Animal Crossing series abbreviated stuff like AC:NL for New Leaf, but I'm just not used to seeing "Animal Crossing," as in the series as a whole, being abbreviated as "AC" all the time, whereas despite not being an Assassin's Creed fan, that's a series I nonetheless have seen abbreviated that way in thread titles and stuff and just absorbed it through osmosis I guess. And so when I see AC by itself, it's Assassin's Creed that comes to mind for me.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
My first reaction was Assassin's Creed, as Origins and Odyssey are two of my favorite games this year. But then I realized this is ERA and so I realized an ERA member would probably guess "Animal Crossing" 'cause Ubisoft can't do anything right here lol

Micro

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know about you, but GoW (released in March 2013) is actually pretty good. I mean, it did not light up any sales charts (and didn't do as well critically either). It's the fourth main console game in the series, but takes place before the first entry. I guess they wanted to push out another exclusive for their console before the next generation.

God of War - Ascension, or Gears of War - Judgement?

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Acromioclavicular is all I see when I see AC, not anything video game related.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a mere casual, and dislike every Assassin's Creed post Brotherhood so Animal Crossing it is since then.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
the tuff thing is when you say ACO, do you mean Assassins Creed Origins or Assassins Creed Odyssey

when you say Odyssey do you mean Super Mario Odyssey or Assassins Creed Odyssey

trugs26

Jan 6, 2018
Probably would change depending on most recent release. E.g once Animal Crossing comes out, it'll probably get more votes.

seady

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 21, 2019
Assassin's Creed
When u say "series" I associate with it because it has so mannnnny more games compare to others on that list.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
Tbh no one cares (or thinks) about Armored Core, Asseto Corsa, Ace Combat or Astral Chains when they read AC.

It's going to be a toss up between Assassin's Creed and Animal Crossing.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
AC will always be Assassin's Creed for me. Played just about every mainline entry in the series and have beaten most of them (still working my way through Odyssey).

CanUKlehead

Oct 30, 2017
Assassin's Creed was my first answer. But figured that was wrong as it gets slammed around these parts enough I don't know if many will call it their favourite series.

Astral Chain though? Hasn't even come out yet and it's one game.