• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AC? DC

• Animal Crossing

Votes: 324 19.9%
  • Assassin's Creed

Votes: 1,167 71.6%
  • Ace Combat

Votes: 49 3.0%
  • Armored Core

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Astral Chain

Votes: 19 1.2%
  • Asseto Corsa

Votes: 12 0.7%

• Total voters

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
On the one hand, Assassin's Creed is by far the largest of those franchises.

On the other hand, I'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt, as I would assume Assassin's Creed isn't anyone's favorite series. That's like someone saying their favorite food is "sandwich".

SpoonyGundam

Nov 18, 2018
I try to forget Assassin's Creed exists, I actually forgot Animal Crossing exists, and From Software forgot that Armored Core exists.

So I read it as Ace Combat.

thePopaShots

Nov 27, 2017
I don't think I've ever heard someone refer to Animal Crossing as AC, whereas I heard AC:Origins/Odyssey a ton over the last couple years.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
Animal Crossing. My first AC and the best AC.

Of course, Assassin's Creed is more popular these days, but AC will always be Animal Crossing to me.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
But what if we get a new Assassins Creed as well as the new Animal Crossing next year?

AC20.1 and AC20.2 perhaps? Much clearer than initials alone.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
Animal Crossing is my favorite AC series but AC generally refers to Assassin's Creed

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Despite also loving Animal Crossing, AC will always read to me as Assassin's Creed.
I don't care for the other games though.

pronk

Oct 26, 2017
it gets kind of annoying the way people use these acronyms, I feel like people use them way too early before a game is really well known enough for it to work.

AOC and GOW are so clear cut. We need a new acronym war.

what is AOC? Age of Creed? Assassins of Creed? Animals of Crossing?

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
In most contexts, Assassin's Creed. As a favorite series, I usually think again and land on Animal Crossing. Assassin's Creed just tends to be a lot more divisive.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
Assassin's Creed, probably because I've never been anything but bored by an Animal Crossing game

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Assassins Creed is one of my favorites too, though im not entirely onboard with its new direction since I feel it took away a lot of what made the old games good, instead of only fixing what was bad