• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

yellow wallpaper

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
both play ok music. If I had to pick one it would be

ac.dc

guns

Last edited:

Spenny

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego-ish
Guns N' Roses by a lot for me. Appetite for Destruction is a fucking guitar masterpiece that I'd say is only beaten by Zeppelin IV.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
AC/DC for quantity and longevity, but Guns n Roses for the highest quality. Appetite for Destruction (well, about 2/3rds of it) is one of the single greatest albums ever made.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
G&R for quality, AC/DC for quantity. I went last year to a Guns concert and they still got it

Kuroyume

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's fucking easy. ACDC. Guns N Roses is basically a one album band... Maybe 2 since I actually liked Chinese Democracy, but I think I'm in the minority. ACDC is better in every way.

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Appetite for Destruction is maybe the best record ever released, so GnR.
ACDC is also awesome but their way of crafting songs can get somewhat repetitive.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
giphy.gif

AC/DC is better for that eyes closed air guitar play (Let there be Rock, Thunderstruck), Guns N Roses has better songs and more breadth (You could be Mine, Paradise City, Patience).

I definitely spent more time listening to Guns N Roses, especially when I was younger, but as I got older I also started appreciating ACDC more.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I prefer Appetite for Destruction, but that's kind of all I like from Guns n Roses, so I guess I'd say AC/DC.

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
Man what kind of choice is this?! Both do different things! AC/DC is the classic butt rock music with extremely catchy songs and guitar riffs. They are like a really beer or burger.

GnR made one of the greatest albums ever in AoD. They are more like a very fine wine and steak. Both great for what they do.

sAbobo

Dec 1, 2018
Acdc more fun and consistent, for better or worse. Gnr better highs, way too much fuckery over the years and turned into a joke at times, while acdc was always fine.

Zushin

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
AC/DC are bigger and the amount of hits they have with the simplicity of music they use is astounding. Gunners are more interesting musically and my personal preference. Slash is a more talented guitarist than Angus but I like how Angus keeps it simple and pushes out same banging riffs.

Jmille99

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
AC/DC, especially Bon Scott era. Yeah it can be samey, but its still a damn good and catchy kind of samey.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Don't love either. But it comes down to vocals for me, and I'd be happy to never hear another song by AC/DC again based on that criteria.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Currently I like AC/DC better overall, but man Appetite for Destruction was such a cultural and musical moment for me. I don't think AC/DC or really most bands ever make music that is that big.

It was mind-blowing in the 80s (for me at least) to hear Guns and Roses in the morning while I was getting ready for school.

I think today I am going to go with pure genius over consistency and excellence.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
AC/DC play amazing music. I'm no Brian Johnson fan so I only like Bon Scott era, however.

Powerage is my favorite album of theirs

Currently I like AC/DC better overall, but man Appetite for Destruction was such a cultural and musical moment for me. I don't think AC/DC or really most bands ever make music that is that big.

Back in Black is like the best selling hard rock album ever, and was just as big for like 7 years before Appetite released.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Back in Black is like the best selling hard rock album ever, and was just as big for like 7 years before Appetite released.
I was only like 3 or 4 when that came out.

I found AC/DC AFTER Guns and Roses so their cultural moment happened before I was able to appreciate it.

But if someone was around at that time and tells me AC/DC's album release was an even bigger cultural moment than Appetite I can't really disagree.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
I was only like 3 or 4 when that came out.

I found AC/DC AFTER Guns and Roses so their cultural moment happened before I was able to appreciate it.

But if someone was around at that time and tells me AC/DC's album release was an even bigger cultural moment than Appetite I can't really disagree.

I misunderstood your original post.