• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

?

• JD

• Del

Results are only viewable after voting.
Feb 26, 2018
Dumbest part of the game. Its like they needed something sad for the ending so they can call it emotional and mature lmao

I saved Del because he was better than JD in every way

Senteevs

Oct 28, 2017
Latvia
I didn't believe they would kill JD, so I chose to save Del. Whoops.
Also wanted to see what Marcus would do.

Buff Beefbroth

Chicken Chaser
Apr 12, 2018
Del was your bro through everything and didn't order DeeBees to fire on protestors in Settlement 2.

CalamityPixel

Oct 27, 2017
Del.

I like JD more but Del was a superb good boy throughout Gears 5 and didn't deserve the chop. JD made questionable decisions.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
JD was a bit of an arrogant twat early on, and Del was my bro throughout, so I had to save Del. Sorry Marcus.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Del, because he had been a better friend throughout the game up until that point.

To be honest, though, I didn't really give it much thought because it came up so suddenly I thought it had to be another dream sequence/hallucination or something. And it's so close to the end of the game that you don't get much time to wallow in the consequences. Just kind of fell flat for me; we'll see how it shakes out in Gears 6.

KingPat

Apr 29, 2019
California
I really liked Del in this game but I had to choose JD. Also watching what happens when choosing the other option I feel confident that JD is the correct person to save.

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Such an unnecessary choice especially considering when Gears 6 inevitably rolls around only one of them will be selected as canon.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Gears to me will always be about Marcus. So JD was the only choice even if I spend my the majority of my journey hanging out with Del.

Deleted member 50232

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2018
I saved Del.

No idea how they are going to approach this choice in 6... how will they determine who was saved/killed?

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
game was pretty obvioulys set up for you to save del, as he was constantly written as a great guy and loyal friend, vs jd as an asshole. surprised the poll is close. i chose del.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Del.

JD was a shithead imo and the only thing making this choice hard in any way was facing Marcus afterwards.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Goes to show the love for Marcus. Hes such an og. I literally saved his awful boring son over an incredible guy just because of him

Alive2007

Aug 21, 2019
Del and Kaits reaction to JD's death just makes so much more sense I don't even feel like you need to argue why Kait would save Del.

If I chose to spare Marcus instead of do what I thought Kait would have done.. I would have been so disappointed.

Spacecowboy

Oct 27, 2017
I felt that Del was the easy choice here and that's why I picked JD

Serves him right to continue living with survivors guilt, I think that would be more interesting in the long run

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
I chose to save Del and I immediately regretted it. Marcus' face afterwards broke my heart. I redid the last chapter and saved JD instead, I feel much better about it =) sorry Del (He really was a bro the entire game)

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
Chose Del because I didn't think they had the balls to actually kill JD. Terrible terrible choice that really sours that last chapter and makes me worried for the next game

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
In the moment the decision was difficult but in hindsight, couldn't Kait have just thrown the knife right at the queen's head? 😄

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
JD, only because of Marcus. He sucks as a character.

In all honesty, it was super dumb. It wasn't "bold" it seemed super stupid an unnecessary moment added for shock value. Man, my opinion of Gears 5 went downhill like, less than a week after I beat it lol. Went from my favorite to "meh it's an ok game" real fast. The ending didn't help haha

Hubi

Nov 13, 2017
After Dom and Anya? Sorr Del, I did it because Marcus didn't deserve another lost.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Del because JD's character was a waste of time and his sudden turnaround and being best friends again was dumb after his de-evolution into bro-tagonist after Act 1

Marcus handled it fine, he was already back at it barking orders and being Marcus Fenix Gears of War hero (tm)

Deleted member 47654

user requested account closure
Banned
Sep 10, 2018
JD deserves to live, he is an awesome and interesting character, he has potential to grow even more.
Del is as interesting as a potato, so, yeah.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That decision was terrible

In one hand you have a complete asshole like JD, where your only motivation to save him is to not make Marcus, probably your favorite character in the series to not suffer (From Kait point of view, she shouldnt really care that much from that)

In the other hand you have Del, someone who is a very good guy and a great friend of Kait, but who has the charisma of a jar of mayo

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Del. He's a better character than JD in every way in the universe of the story.

Probably the one who survives has a minimal presence in Gears 6 and you simply select him at the beginning. That's why I didn't like that there was a decision.

Given the way it affects Marcus, I don't think the idea of the impact being minimal will be the case