• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Creating a low-effort thread meant to undermine a sexual assault conviction
Last edited:

signal

Oct 28, 2017
nice detailed post op
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tupac_Shakur#Rape_conviction

In November 1993, Shakur and others were charged with sexual assaulting a woman in a hotel room. Shakur denied the charges. According to Shakur, he had prior relations days earlier with the woman which were consensual (the woman testified she performed consensual oral sex on Shakur). The complainant claimed sexual assault after her second visit to Shakur's hotel room; she alleged that Shakur and his entourage raped her. At trial, Shakur was convicted of first-degree sexual abuse, and acquitted of the weapons and sodomy charges. The judge described the crimes during the sentencing of Shakur to 1½–4½ years in prison, as "an act of brutal violence against a helpless woman."[118][119] While appearing on The Arsenio Hall Show, Shakur said he was innocent of all charges and he was hurt that "a woman would accuse me of taking something from her", when he was raised by and was surrounded by females.[120]

In October 1995, Shakur's assault case was on appeal. Because of his considerable legal fees, he could not raise the $1.4 million bail. After serving nine months of his sentence,[121] Shakur was released from the Clinton Correctional Facility on October 12, 1995.[122] Suge Knight, the CEO of Death Row Records, had posted the $1.4 million bail, pending Shakur's appeal of the conviction, in exchange for Shakur releasing three albums under the Death Row label.[123] On April 5, 1996, a judge sentenced Shakur to serve 120 days in jail for violating terms of his release on bail.[124]

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't there a video of him doing the same thing this girl accused him of but being done to a different girl?

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
On one hand, I'm tempted to be a bit of a skeptic because I think a lot of black men, and some famous black men, were railroaded a little bit with sexual assault charges around that time. Not that they aren't now, but it was happening a bit back then.

But where Tyson's case has some weird little holes in it that make me wonder, Tupac's accuser has always been credible with her story IMO.

Damien1928

Oct 27, 2017
Nah pac didn't do it, in the end didn't he get sentenced for forcibly touching the buttocks, even that he said he wasn't guilty of, that girl was in a different room from Tupac during the rape, his associates that carried it out, if they did, never stood a day in court as far as I'm aware

CrazyAndy

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He's been dead for almost 23 years, why do you feel the need to discuss this now?

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
Give me one reason why not?
Because dude did his time and it's over with?
The only kind of discussion i can see this generating is "hey remember when he did that?" "yeah i remember, that was fucking bullshit"

It was 26 years ago. He denied the charges, she said it happened. He was convicted of first-degree sexual abuse. What's more to discuss? No one's going to come in here and say "I doubt he did it", which would also just lead to getting piled on.

This has and will continue to happen in regards to the differing "opinion" in this case

Last edited:

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tupac was a hypocrite in many ways. Oftentimes his words and actions wouldn't match up. It's one of the many reasons why I don't consider him the GOAT amongst his peers.

There were rumors that he got raped in prison, no?

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
On one hand, I'm tempted to be a bit of a skeptic because I think a lot of black men, and some famous black men, were railroaded a little bit with sexual assault charges around that time. Not that they aren't now, but it was happening a bit back then.

But where Tyson's case has some weird little holes in it that make me wonder, Tupac's accuser has always been credible with her story IMO.

I just found out recently that Patrice O'Neal was slapped with a false rape accusation. Pretty insane story.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
I don't get this thread? It was a long time ago and he served a jail sentence for it. Has something new come to light?

Chromhound

Banned
Dec 19, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Accusing a sexual assault survivor of lying; previous severe infractions surrounding abuse.
He never raped her, she smash the homies in the hotel room , Tupac didn't want her anymore and she got mad. There's a interview with her on Vladtv but she's lying too much

Status
Not open for further replies.