• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mario Kart 9 will Release on...

• Switch

Votes: 187 15.1%
  • The Successor

Votes: 567 45.7%
  • The Succ

Votes: 389 31.3%
  • Thor 2 The Dark World

Votes: 99 8.0%

• Total voters

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They already nutted in Mario Odyssey so I guess Mario Kart 9 will be for the succ

Leafhopper

Oct 25, 2017
I want it on the Switch because I really didn't want to pay 60 bucks for 8 Deluxe after I boguht and played everything on the WiiU. Even though I don't want to accept it though they do only do one Mario Kart game a platofrm so it might be on the next thing... 8 Deluxe feels like cheating though.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
When you get the

SUCC

oa16s08139311.png

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019
probably the next system, hopefully it will be more like splatoon and animal crossing and get updates more consistently

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to see it on Switch, but realistically, it'll be successor.

Which sucks because, we didn't get a new one this gen honestly. No dedicated handheld version, no new console version. Just a port I already played the crap out of. Yay ...

I get it coming from the company, but hearing fans go "well they don't need to because of the sales" always pissed me off.

Jan 2, 2018
The Switch is going to sell around 100 million, they really are not going to squeeze many more sales out of a next-gen remaster on the Super Switch compared to Switch vs. Wii U. There's no point in releasing a Kart 9 when Kart 8 still flies off the shelves, you just create unnecessary competition in your ecosystem.

Pretty much this.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Why would they waste development resources on a Switch creation for what would be a system seller on the Succ?

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
Wasn't there a rumor about the big holiday game this year being something with "wheels?"

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
Mario kart 8 is basically a perfect Mario kart game, releasing a sequel on the switch is wasting their time. Much better decision to wait for the succ and release a succ for Mario Kart 8 there. Although the succ would probably have retro compatibility with the switch so, even then I think it's going to take a while as long to see a new MK, succ or no succ

Corrie1960

Banned
Mar 19, 2019
If nintendo are clever they are in position to launch future Nintendo consoles with a new mario kart from now on etc.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Mario Kart games have long legs, so I doubt Nintendo would put out one fairly late in the Switch's life which would not only slow sales of MK8DX, but probably also not sell as well on its own because a lot of people will just be like "another Mario Kart? But I already own Mario Kart Switch".

Even if they DID make one late in the life of the Switch, it would probably get a superior/enhanced port on the Switch Succ anyways, so why not just wait a little bit, let the game build hype for the new console, and give the game the full length of the new system's life to sell like crazy.