• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sqrt

Oct 26, 2017
President Donald Trump blasted Republicans Wednesday on Twitter -- tagging Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell in a rare move -- for "allowing the Democrats to have ridiculous Post Office hearings on Saturday & Monday, just before and during our Convention" as Democrats revisit questions surrounding the selection process of Trump's controversial postmaster pick.

Under mounting concerns with mail-in voting and increased scrutiny in recent weeks for enacting a series of measures meant to streamline the Postal Service, Postmaster General Louis DeJoy has agreed to testify at a GOP-controlled Senate hearing on Friday and a Democratic House hearing on Monday -- the first day of the Republican National Convention.

abcnews.go.com

Trump blasts McConnell over timing of Senate hearing with postmaster general

President Donald Trump blasted Republicans Wednesday for "allowing the Democrats to have ridiculous Post Office hearings" around the Republican National Convention.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
He is looking for any type of chance to steal the thunder from tonight and tomorrow's speeches. Do not fall for Any of this bs. It is not a story.

Reym

Jul 15, 2019
McConnell clearly seems to think he's the puppet master, pulling the strings of the whole party. I'd love it if this public call-out from that idiot chafed him enough to fight back just to prove he's the alpha.

...it won't happen, but it'd be in character...and also funny.

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
Politicizing the office of the President is possibly the most egregious of this shithead's transgressions

Besides embracing white tiki torch carrying assholes

Jebusman

Oct 27, 2017
Halifax, NS
You know full well Trump doesn't know the difference between the House and the Senate and he thinks Mitch has control over the whole thing.

Domino Theory

Ripple Effect Studios
Verified
Nov 6, 2017
You know full well Trump doesn't know the difference between the House and the Senate and he thinks Mitch has control over the whole thing.

"Crazy Pelosi called the House to question the postmaster general and they're not even listed on Zillow! Believe me, I checked. No one knows Zillow or Redfin better than me."

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
Is he gonna give Mitch one of those grade school nicknames like he does everyone else? Because I can think of one.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Translation: CAN WE NOT TALK ABOUT THIS DURING MY THING, TALK ABOUT IT DURING THEIR THING, WAH

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
First, turtle man can't do shit thankfully, nor will he, though I'm sure he'd love to stop it, at least in regards to House appearances.

Second, as I understand it, they have to give notice to not only congress that was on vacation but to the people they are questioning as well. Hence the delay.

Lost Lemurian

Nov 30, 2019
The one tiny piece of satisfaction I get from this admin is tha all of the GOP career politicians have to just smile and take it while Trump publicly excoriates them.

Oct 26, 2017
Trump can whine about the Post Office hearings occurring during his convention but he has no one to blame but himself. He's the one who has been attacking mail-in voting and the Post Office relentlessly and chose to sabotage the Post Office in late July/August. Depending on how the next couple of months play out, trying to sabotage the Post Office in the middle of a pandemic before an election could go down as one of the all-time biggest blunders in the final 100 days in Presidential election history.

I think it's slowly dawning on him how bad he f*cked up. In addition to pissing a lot of people off by slowing the mail deliveries and removing drop boxes, if there are any lingering issues where there are mail delays close to or during the election, Trump will clearly own all of it rather than it being just an external factor.