• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Lots of other statistics but that one stood out to me the most. I have no words.

Washington, DC, January 10, 2021 -Over half of Americans believe Donald Trump should be removed from office before his term ends as two-thirds give him a good amount of the blame for the rioting that occurred in Washington, D.C. this week. This comes as less than a third of Americans trust Trump to protect democracy in the United States. However, America remains divided as only half of the country trusts Joe Biden to protect democracy in the U.S.

The majority of the American public (56%) says that Donald Trump should be removed from office before his term ends.

• Two-thirds (67%) say the President deserves a good amount (15%) or a great deal (52%) of the blame for the riots in Washington, D.C.
  • Virtually all Democrats (94%) and a majority of independents (58%) believe Trump should be removed; only 13% of Republicans agree.

• Among those who do not believe Trump should be removed (43%), about half believe he did nothing wrong (54%) and half believe his actions this week were wrong, but it is not worth the effort because he is leaving office on the 20th (45%).
  • 61% of Republicans believe the President did nothing wrong, and a third believe it isn't worth the effort.

More Americans trust Joe Biden and Democratic representatives to safeguard democracy, however the country remains deeply divided.

• About a third of Americans – mainly Republicans – trust any major Republican to protect our democracy including 30% for President Trump, 31% for Republicans in Congress, 27% for Senator Ted Cruz, and 22% for Senator Mitch McConnell. Vice President Mike Pence (39%) and Senator Mitt Romney (41%) are better regarded on this.
  • More Americans trust Democrats, with about half of Americans (53%) trusting President-Elect Joe Biden, 48% for Democrats in Congress, and 40% for Senator Nancy Pelosi. However, Republicans remain skeptical with fewer than one in seven saying they trust any of these Democrats.

www.ipsos.com

More than half of Americans want President Trump out of the office before inauguration day

ABC News/Ipsos poll finds that majority fault Trump for rioting in D.C.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
zdwldavlqj101.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Republicans that actually believe they have souls should search them and realize it's past time to leave the party and start a new party. Their ideas are not welcome in the Democratic party, so they should start a new party and grow that.

RoninZ

Oct 27, 2017
Republicans have been on ideological decline for a long while now. They are too far gone imo.

LukeOP

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's essentially 61% approval rate for Trump by Republicans. Trump has always scored 90+

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
To answer this question: Yes.

www.resetera.com

Is Trump a viable candidate for the 2024 presidential election?

If you asked me before the riots, I would have said Trump would likely be the 2024 GOP nominee and even have a good chance of winning the presidency again. But now, I'm really not sure. He still has a massive base, but he's been effectively cancelled and deplatformed by all social media...

That's why he needs to be impeached.

CarpeDeezNutz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
61%?, I would have thought it would be in the 80's-90's.

Edit: I think some of ya'll have the wrong reaction, that's way lower than what I expected.

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If the coup klux klan (wish I could take credit for that name) succeeded, they would have been all too happy to go along with it, democracy and rule of law be damned.

Spork4000

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That's lower than I expected. If it went to 50 Republicans would have a real problem on their hands.

Yoshimitsu126

The Fallen
Nov 11, 2017
United States
You can't say a dumbass thing like this and not expand. Tell us Biden, why do we need strong Republicans values?

I can't speak for him, but declaring the only strong party left to be destroyed is basically saying USA is run by one strong party. However, he is being cheeky and trying to get Republicans voters to accept his presidency to view him as a legitimate president when many Democrats did not view Trump as a legitimate president and some Republicans begrudgingly accepted Trump as their President.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
It's worth noting that that's significantly less republicans than usually step in lineno matter what.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
what's really fucked about this is these are white grievance politics which won't go away no matter how comfortable white people and whiteness are in this country. They need both to be incredibly well off and prosperous AND to see people they hate - POC, LGBTQ, immigrants - to be brutalized in order to be satisfied. If it's only the former - that simply isn't enough.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
I would argue that 67% of Republicans disapproving of anything he does is awful numbers for him. Yes, we know Republicans are awful, and 67% approving is an embarrassment, but that's almost as bad as he scored on anything in four years