• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SlipperyMoose

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The people that i have narrowed it down to that I like in no particular order are Joe Biden, Pete Buttigieg, Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren and Andrew Yang. Joe is really starting to be a stretch with his age and mess ups lately thought.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
literally how did klobuchar qualify

Maybe Iowa and New Hampshire polling, it's all I can think of. She has a good grassroots fundraising for someone whose polling ~1% nationally.

But, honestly, I'd rather see her than Yang, Gabbard, Williamson, or any of the other extreme longshot edge candidates who have only qualified because of internet meme celebrity.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I think you need four polls at 2%, and Tulsi has all but one of those, and nobody else has as many, and I'm struggling to see how you get a poll bump without a debate.

In Tulsi's case, a Russian bot campaign to flood social media over the next couple weeks to get her to poll just over 2% in places where polls are likely being drawn from... Iowa, New Hampshire, Michigan, etc.

Yamajian

Oct 30, 2017
Hopefully the DNC after this debate to the bottom half of the field:

JEA0R8k.gif

moomoo14

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In Tulsi's case, a Russian bot campaign to flood social media over the next couple weeks to get her to poll just over 2% in places where polls are likely being drawn from... Iowa, New Hampshire, Michigan, etc.
I mean, there's also the potential that her actual supporters may keep talking about her? Not discounting that bots are a thing, but the support she has isn't just from Russia. If it weren't for the weird criteria the DNC has for qualifying polls, she'd already be in. Heck, the CNN one that just came out that has her at 2% and that also qualifies, also has a 6% margin of error. Not exactly a great poll when compared to ones that also have her qualifying, and yet don't count.

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
gabbard: *breathes*

liberals: "uhh it's a russian bot campaign"

*i do not like gabbard as a candidate don't even bother quoting me about that

Deleted member 7130

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hoping for Bernie, Joe, and Warren on the same stage. Time for Joe to get wrecked. Time to sundown at home with your wife, Joe. Not in the oval office.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
It's crazy how Steyer has just flooded the zone with ads to get himself to qualify so soon.

Conciliator

Oct 25, 2017
Nice to see Castro still holding on

Also kinda curious if we will see a somewhat different/re-energized Beto after he went mask-off in the wake of the El Paso shooting

Inslee ought to get a relevant cabinet position no matter who wins imo

sapien85

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I love how people complain about not enough parties to vote for but when there are a lot of candidates in the primary it's laughable.

Poody

Oct 27, 2017
YangGang needs his own night.

It's also unfortunate that Inslee who's main agenda is climate change couldn't make this debate headlined climate change. lol fuck

Nocturnal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Actually at this point I would prefer we have two nights of debates instead of 10 people on stage.
Also Yang qualifying is great, he is bringing a very important topic to the table that's overlooked by other candidates - automation.

There is plenty more debates to come, I'm sure by November/December the field will shrink to 4-5 candidates - looking like Biden, Sanders & Warren will be front runners and a few people staying in the race with between 3-5%. Once actually primaries come around a lot of these candidates will drop out as their money runs out very quickly as they try to actually use their cash in the early primary states.

Deleted member 41502

Banned
Mar 28, 2018
I kinda wish we had some sort of "ranked polling" to decide this shit. "Who's your first choice? Who's your second? Third?" There's a lot of "all basically the same to me" candidates this year. I like most of them, but I also hope all of them but one drop out quickly after Iowa. Preferably before even.

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
They should split the debates in two by ranked polling averages.

At this point it's malpractice to not have Biden/Warren/Sanders facing off, and the also-rans relegated to somewhere else.

Foltzie

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
They should split the debates in two by ranked polling averages.

At this point it's malpractice to not have Biden/Warren/Sanders facing off, and the also-rans relegated to somewhere else.

That's literally how the RNC ran it in 2015 and the second debate was called the junior varsity debates, which was not a good look either.

The first voting events aren't until next year another round of two nights is fine, though the next round should require ~5% polling to be on the stage.

Until then it's good to get other ideas on the stage. Either to expand the conversation or dismiss it.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
Will they get rid of the fucking crowds?

no?

these aren't debates. they're clown shows.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Get Yang and Klobuchar out and that top 8 will finally look reasonable.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Are you for real? why don't you read up on his agendas first before dismissing him. He's by far the only candidate that is addressing and solving real issues.
With his capped 1k a month UBI that takes from other social safety nets? Lmao

Or maybe it's his conservative rhetoric on immigration that really gets you going

signal

Oct 28, 2017
OP
OP
Wraith

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
Here's the ABC News link, for anyone else looking for it:
I know Yang gets a lot of momentum online, but... I'm still wondering why he's here and closer to center stage (I assume based on polling/donors) than more qualified candidates. Nothing against him personally, he seems like a nice guy, but maybe he should run for office (any office) before taking a shot at the presidency. And he's just kind of riding this populist $1k/mo promise onto the national stage. I'm glad someone's talking about automation and some form of UBI safety net, but... it'd be nice if there was some kind of proof that he could do the job.

Canyon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
The same requirements for October is incredibly dumb.

WHY?

I can only guess it has to do with money and views.

OP
OP
Wraith

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
The same requirements for October is incredibly dumb.

WHY?

I can only guess it has to do with money and views.
The June and July debates also had the same requirements (slightly lower than the September/October requirements). Personally, I don't think this is a bad way to go. Less opportunity for campaigns to claim that the rules are pushing out too many candidates too soon. Still giving opportunities to candidates who launched their campaigns later than others to make their case. And a chance for candidates to "catch up" from June to July, from September to October. But still a gradual winnowing of the field.

And there's still the chance some of these candidates may drop out before October, if they don't see a bump from this debate.

Deleted member 16025

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everybody on one stage is going to be such a clown show. I can't wait until the also-rans get the hell out of the way and we're down to just Sanders, Warren, and then like 2 or 3 others.