• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CD_93

Dec 12, 2017
Lancashire, United Kingdom
Was definitely expecting her to be next to leave - and before too long - but the Dan/Abby departure feels like a 1-2 punch for East for 2020 (on top of, you know, everything else).

Abby is already a star and has brought some really fun content and a refreshing voice to the site, I hope she goes on to a great career!

btags

Oct 26, 2017
Gaithersburg MD
I haven't listened to the beascast yet or read much of the thread but I hope it is for positive reasons and not being laid off or something like that.

If giantbomb does make it through the buyout ok and they start hiring more people, I do hope they consider hiring women and/or BIPOC. With Austin having left a while ago and now Abby leaving they are back to mostly white dudes (outside of Jan, and I do not have any problems with the giant bomb crew, diversity is always nice though).

Rogue Kiwi

Chicken Chaser
Banned
May 5, 2019
Abby was great, and such a different voice to the rest of the crew. Really loved the stuff she put out.

They still haven't replaced Dan right? Wonder how this will affect GBeast?

Fuchs

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bummer :(
I wish her the best of luck though! I'm really looking forward to seeing what she does next.

THube

Oct 27, 2017
Huuuuge bummer :(
Of course, excited to see what she does next. Very talented and a fun perspective to listen to on just about any topic.

Oct 28, 2017
Fuuuuuuck.... Not the news I wanted to hear... Wish her the best of course, but I just loved her energy and humor. Everyone with a premium subscription should watch 13 deadly Sims, it's one of the best things they have ever done.

pezzie

Oct 27, 2017
Abby deserves to grow her career. Hope she lands somewhere good! I will miss her on Giant Bomb.

TrubbleFrog

Feb 23, 2018
Lets be real, Abby has broken through and is friends with real celebrities like St.Vincent now.

Always been a fan of her content at GB (especially the Sims stuff) and wish her the best.

KazeSim

Oct 25, 2017
Abby Schweppes Russell! I wish her luck wherever she goes. I'm gonna miss her on the podcast.

Jaypah

Oct 27, 2017
Sadness. She easily became one of my favs. Best of luck to Her wherever she lands.

Fudgepuppy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty admirable that she seems to have looked at Red Ventures, and went "Nah, I don't want to be a part of them", and just leave.

If only I had half the strength to follow through with my morals.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Will miss her but I think she's always kind of viewed this as strictly a job rather than something more personal the way Jeff/Brad/Vinny/Alex see it.

Good for her though. She's young enough that she can try to succeed at whatever she wants.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
This really sucks! Abby is absolutely great!

All the best to her! I'm sure she has something good lined up!

Ambient

Dec 23, 2017
It seems like Giant Bomb's new additions stick around for a couple years then bounce. Obviously there are factors we'll never know but I wonder if there is something behind the scenes that is making this a trend.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
bummer, she is great and really funny.

Wishing the best to her on whatever is next

Blah

Oct 26, 2017
Good on Abby for leaving right before the shitshow that is GOTY. I know she's never really enjoyed it in previous, for good reason, and she's done a lot for her brand to do anything else she wants to. Good luck to Abby.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
I love Abby, but I always saw her as the next to go. Like Dan or Austin, I saw her viewing Giant Bomb as a giant stepping stone into something bigger. They are way too multi-talented to just stay in one industry portion.

We going back to old school beast with just Alex and Vinny lol. Hope the next hire is great as well.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
It seems like Giant Bomb's new additions stick around for a couple years then bounce. Obviously there are factors we'll never know but I wonder if there is something behind the scenes that is making this a trend.
They're too good at hiring immensely talented people who outgrow the site instantly. Dan was a surprise, but Austin and Abby always felt like we were on borrowed time

Flame Lord

Oct 26, 2017
I kind of figured she'd leave the soonest of who's left, but damn that's a real hit to GBE who hasn't even gotten a replacement for Dan.

Serule

Oct 25, 2017
This sucks. I love all the original guys but they tend to have kind of similar game tastes (Vinny and Matt Rorie break the mold a bit) ; their newer hires (especially Abby) have broadened the kinds of games they talk about.

kradical

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A real shame. A lot of the community was relentlessly toxic towards her since the day she started.

PaperSparrow

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Hope the best for her. She brought a great perspective, not just as a woman, but being from outside the "old games media" a lot of the guys came from.

Doubt they'll be in the position to do so any time soon, but in future hires, I hope they continue to push for more diversity in every aspect.

Oct 25, 2017
That's a shame we never got more of the Jeff G/Abby dynamic, those two worked great together on the odd chance they did.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
GB East looking like a real skeleton crew. I wonder if they bother keeping GB East at all tbh

ZeroCoin

Oct 26, 2017
I thought she fit in well with the group and definitely brought something that was unique. Best of luck to her on the next thing.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
Noooooooooo. 😪 She will be missed.

I wish her the best and I hope we get to take part of whatever she'll do next.