• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

White Glint

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still no idea why people are calling this a scam. The only thing you might have been scammed out of is your time if you're a moron.

Who the heck is even looking at what tweets these bozos are deleting.

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It was a total scam from day zero. Gobsmacked they got featured during one of Sony's shows.

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017
I'll propose what I did about a year ago (the pandemic has warped my perception of time - Might be less, might be more...).

Ban threads on this thing until they have something to show.

The only thing they've been consistent on is lying/delaying/decieving. While it's positive that their lies are documented in threads like these -

I really don't think we should be giving them any more attention - It's what they live for. Let them fall into obscurity.

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
I must be going nuts I could have swore there was definitely footage of the game shown during one of the livestreams.

The blog post had a trailer for it but it wasn't ever in a State of Play or any other shows. I think it just blew up big with the conspiracy theories so fast that people thought it must have had a bigger reveal than it actually did.

Snefer

Creative Director at Neon Giant
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Me and my friend who made the assetpack they used for their "trailer" still think it's hilarious whenever this stuff shows up. Like wth :D

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
This has been one of my "favorite" stories in gaming. I actually paid money to get some of the chamber of commerce details when the very first announcement was made.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Was just looking for the trailer app, but it seems it has been delisted?

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Wow I forgot this even existed. Why'd you have to remind me. No seriously, just let this fade away to irrelevance.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Still no idea why people are calling this a scam. The only thing you might have been scammed out of is your time if you're a moron.

Who the heck is even looking at what tweets these bozos are deleting.
Yeah Its kinda weird seeing the word scam all around this. The only ones who's lost money is the devs themselves.

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
Hahahah no way! What did you find out?

Nothing to spectacular, except that all the addresses (current & previous) are residential addresses. I requested it when we were still argueing if this was 'Kojima' or not. That week was a fun ride; with also BBS still having that 'placeholder' website up, and the fact that Hasan Karaman has zero online presence (which is weird for an aspiring 'creator'). Not even mentioning those previous 'vaporware' projects and crowdfunding attempts :P Dude is a bonafide swindler.

Anyways, I just requested a summary from the Dutch Chamber of Commerce.

> the company does have a registration number, registered at 12-08-2015 (that's 12th of August), registered as a 1-person company (in Dutch: eenmanszaak), with 10 employees. It looks dated (no changes since the initial entry, except change of adresses) with minimal other information.
> the adres its registered at is residential (80m2 appartment) That's not that weird for a 1-person company; but I doubt this is an office with 10 people working at it. Could be they all work remote tho; but that would be quite a thing, even pre-covid.

So the 'business'-part of it looks "legit" but its also the bare minimum (I mean, my girlfriend is also registered at the CoC).

Don't get me wrong, it could just very well be a cool little survivor-horror game; but hey; "whats the fun in that" ;)

Snefer

Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Okay, spill it! Which asset pack! Pleeeease give me the info, I love this!
Come on, we need more info, open the gates....

It's just this assetpack, straight up :D

www.unrealengine.com

Procedural Forest in Environments - UE Marketplace

A completely procedurally placed forest with assets, textures, lighting and procedural setup.

www.youtube.com

Abandoned - Announcement Teaser | PS5

Abandoned is an cinematic horror survival shooter that emulates realistic survival in first person perspective set in an massive detailed open world environm...

Hayeya

Oct 29, 2017
Canada

www.unrealengine.com

A completely procedurally placed forest with assets, textures, lighting and procedural setup.

www.youtube.com

Abandoned is an cinematic horror survival shooter that emulates realistic survival in first person perspective set in an massive detailed open world environm...
Snefer: No letter in your name is in common with KOJIMA, so you are Kojima. Dam you for playing us like fiddle.
:)

Snefer

Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Snefer: No letter in your name is in common with KOJIMA, so you are Kojima. Dam you for playing us like fiddle.
:)
Kojima outplayed us all by releasing an assetpack in advance! It's the new meta, the game was actually out all along, in the form of assetpacks, the real journey i assembling it for yourself!

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
This, until this is explained their either incredible scam artists or there's still something else to all this nonsense
This has big "the Grinch leaker would have to be a genius mastermind to include a reference towards a real marketing company you can easily find through Google and also an employee on their LinkedIn" energy.

Toma

Scratching that Itch.io http://bit.ly/ItchERA
Oct 25, 2017

www.unrealengine.com

www.youtube.com

This is one of the most satisfying closure to a scam I ever got. Thank you.

It was clear they were up their own ass, but this is just gold.

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
How on earth did Keighley get involved with/fall for this?

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The bit that will always seem so odd to me about this was playstation let them get a blog up. Those fuckers made me fight for media access and review copies with a smaller site years back, wheres Ninty and MS took a couple polite emails at best. They just hand out blog posts to anyone though it seems.

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
I believe they spend more time and money on twitter, PS Blog and Geoff Keighley, then on the "app" and "game" itself.
Hassan was irl roleplaying a game dev for quite some time.

Moz La Punk

Journalist at Gamer.nl & Power Unlimited
Verified
May 15, 2018
The Netherlands
I talked to him last year for an article on one of the websites I write for (we had some scoops with the developer like his intention to show the game at E3), but Ive pretty much given up on it since then yeah. Just to be safe I send him an email today, giving him the chance to come with a statement to explain whats going on. We'll see. If anything comes out of it I'll let you know, but I expect nothing.

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London
The weird thing is I don't even understand what the scam is here.

They seem to spend an inordinate amount of time hyping stuff, but never get to the point where they take any money, so even if they don't deliver they... also don't get any money? What's the play here? Where does the cash come from to fund two decades of not really doing anything?

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
Sorpresa. Cannot wait for this to be turned into a "you guys pressured me into this situation" excuse and a "a question for the culture" Twitter post.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
The weird thing is I don't even understand what the scam is here.

They seem to spend an inordinate amount of time hyping stuff, but never get to the point where they take any money, so even if they don't deliver they... also don't get any money? What's the play here? Where does the cash come from to fund two decades of not really doing anything?
I don't know or have any idea if its the specific case, but a lot of countries finance game development. If you trick them into thinking you're doing a real game, they give you the money, and later you can keep it. Even cancellations are expected and possible with these fundings, so...