• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
At first I was surprised this thread even needed to be made but now I'm wondering how in the hell has it gone for 11 pages? Anyone reading the title should go "Oh yeah, we've known this for months" and the discussion ends there, no?

Eamon

Prophet of Truth
Apr 22, 2020
You need to be a console warrior to hope to play something on your preferred system? I thought was called port-begging, while being a console warrior was trying to prove that your system was superior or downplaying someone else's. I didn't realize the meaning changed.

People wishing to play MS exclusives should probably save up for an Xbox or exchange their system, but hoping for their games is an acknowledgment of Xbox games; not downplaying them which would be true console warrior behavior.
I was moreso speaking to the people who so much hope that these games will come to their preferred platform that they construct these false narratives and misread the statements that have been made around a game's exclusivity. It is fueled by console warring nonsense, as they can't reconcile their disfavored platform (in this case, Xbox) getting a game that they cannot play on the platform they stan

CanUKlehead

Oct 30, 2017
At first I was surprised this thread even needed to be made but now I'm wondering how in the hell has it gone for 11 pages? Anyone reading the title should go "Oh yeah, we've known this for months" and the discussion ends there, no?
Most of the comments are making of people who are holding out this hope, after all this confirmation, tbf.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
They may be your points but I doubt anyone is going to agree with them since most of what you said is irrelevant and is just dragging on a conversation that needn't be made in the first place.
You were the one who responded to me. If you don't care about what my post said or think it's irrelevant, why respond with your quotation marks "people" thing?
You were the one who keeps responding to me trying to turn what I said into something else for the sake of having a different argument.

I'm done responding to you, it's a new day and I can't imagine a bigger waste of my time than replying to someone who started a back and forth and ends up on "well nobody cares about what you have to say anyway". Alright, buddy.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
My phone is pretty crap tbh.
And it would be a fucking tiny screen. Tbh I'd have more use buying a carrier pigeon.
Alright so you do have some form of access yet you will continue to kick and scream on the internet about things because it isn't to your own standards. That's why there's dedicated hardware.

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017
We really don't have to have a million threads about this very topic.

It's exclusive. It's what MS spent 7,5 billion buying Bethesda for... This thread shouldn't have 12 pages.

Apr 25, 2018
Rockwall, Texas
I cant belive people are still freaking talking about this, gamepass is $15 with xcloud, it can be played on a phone or a pc, and an xbox series s is $299 give it up already.

Nope they can't. I'd like to see a venn diagram between Starfield deniers and flat earthers and anti-maskers.

Just slap a "NOT ON PS5 EVER" sticker on the box

That just means it's gonna happen eventually because it's just a sticker. Gotta print that shit on the actual paper stock used for the slip.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
We've gone full puke funnel on this one. Xbox fan tweets something at Greenberg - Greenberg responds. Media people who follow Greenberg or spend time here see Greenberg tweet, and salivate at easy article about Xbox "needing to" reconfirm exclusive status of Starfield. Public then takes articles as clear evidence of a multitude of people in denial of that fact, which then inevitably feeds back in threads at places like this.

Puke funnel babay!

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
There better be a VITA version, or they'll be riots.

Phil Spencer: *happy SteamDeck noises*

A massive AAA game like Starfield being playable day one on Steam Deck is actually a really great thing; It further decouples Windows from being the defacto OS for PC gaming, giving PC users more options and flexibility in where they want to play their games with no downsides.

Everyone should be hoping for better Deck compatibility for Microsoft games because everybody wins. 🙂

Any word on whether this is the case for Halo or not?

yeah where is my MCC Switch version?

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
We've gone full puke funnel on this one. Xbox fan tweets something at Greenberg - Greenberg responds. Media people who follow Greenberg or spend time here see Greenberg tweet, and salivate at easy article about Xbox "needing to" reconfirm exclusive status of Starfield. Public then takes articles as clear evidence of a multitude of people in denial of that fact, which then inevitably feeds back in threads at places like this.

Puke funnel babay!

There's not much else to talk about. It's extremely slow right now. It's pretty harmless stuff.

thecaseace

May 1, 2018
Ugh, why is this first party game not releasing on a competing platform.

Exactly, sounds ridiculous but when you read the Twitter replies it's a frequent question because...

The PS4 raised a generation of gamers who aren't used to not being able to play certain games.

This is the only time I've seen anyone question the exclusivity of content so long after a content acquisition on any platform, not just in gaming.

And it shows the imbalance in expectation, players of Sony consoles only expect to have the opportunity to play everything in one place. A lot of the Twitter replies are from people that basically don't want to buy Microsoft hardware to play a game.

I think everyone in this thread could agree that if Sony or Nintendo made this acquisition there wouldn't be a tenth of the questioning.

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
Exactly, sounds ridiculous but when you read the Twitter replies it's a frequent question because...

This is the only time I've seen anyone question the exclusivity of content so long after a content acquisition on any platform, not just in gaming.

And it shows the imbalance in expectation, players of Sony consoles only expect to have the opportunity to play everything in one place. A lot of the Twitter replies are from people that basically don't want to buy Microsoft hardware to play a game.

I think everyone in this thread could agree that if Sony or Nintendo made this acquisition there wouldn't be a tenth of the questioning.
I don't agree. I think it's the result of a huge studio acquisition and long-term expectations. I think a lot of people would be questioning it if Sony had bought them too.

Nov 2, 2019
I'm getting some REAL "Trump will be reinstated as President" vibes from the people who are so deluded that they keep on insisting "Starfield and Elder Scrolls will be on PlayStation."

Like, at some point you have to just admit the facts.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Thank you for confirming what has been the staff position since the acquisition was announced.
Official Staff Communication
OFFICIAL STAFF COMMUNICATION
Unless announced differently by Microsoft moving forward all Bethesda games should be expected to be Xbox/PC exclusive. Any attempts to argue this and derail a thread will be actioned as port begging moving forward. 2021-03-17 1100 EST/1500 GMT

That said, this thread is just going in circles and we have decided to lock it.

Status
Not open for further replies.