• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
All her big tracks are on Spotify anyway. I'm listening to Are You That Somebody on it right now, they're just all on weird compilation albums.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
What song was the song that had those awful baby noises in it? Aaliyah was clearly very talented but man those sounds drove me up the wall every time I heard that song.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
Barry Hankerson says a lot of things. I won't believe it until it actually happens.

The article about Hankerson from 2016 is a really good read. It's got info about him, his relationship w/ Aaliyah, his time as a music exec, and why her discography has been absent from streaming for so long.

I heartily recommend this article as well. He's also holding other artists' music hostage. JoJo had to re-record her first two albums to get them on streaming services because he has the rights and he disappeared. I think this might also affect Tank, Toni Braxton, Ginuwine, Static Major, and Timbaland.

As long as R. Kelly doesn't make anything off the royalties.

If he is, go buy a used CD instead.

I believe he only worked on her debut, which Barry Hankerson does not own. So this would not cover that.

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Thread locked by request of OP due to the account apparently being fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.