• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They can't say where he is. As in, not allowed to.

I'm personally offended by how many people think they know someones situation and struggles. Too many assumptions.

Except no one in the article actually seems to have any clue what happened to kid, even what potential agency might have helped with the transfer to a new home. They sight legal reasons for privacy but no one still seems to have a clue what actually happened to Huxley.

Tapiozona

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
They don't know where he is.

If they did they would have said as much or at least something more substantial to get themselves out of PR hot water.
It says why they can't say and why it takes time, even in the section I quoted. Adoption information is incredibly private and the police very clearly said "Huxley is not missing". That seems pretty clear to me. They'll need court orders for all of the information they're gathering but since this had a potential crime attached, got the confirmation they need that the child was not missing

Most of these reactions are from people who did not read the article and hot takes the situation based off a purposefully misleading post from the dude who posted it

Jmanunknown

Oct 26, 2017
I mean this is not at all what the Article says

The Delaware County Sheriff's Office says it is "confident that the appropriate process is occurring" to place the son of YouTubers Myka and James Stauffer with a new family.

The Delaware County Sheriff's Office has been working with "several other agencies" to investigate the case, a spokesperson told BuzzFeed News. While the investigation is ongoing, Tracy Whited, the office's community and media relations manager, told BuzzFeed News authorities have confirmed Huxley "is not missing."

"All adoption cases are confidential, and must go through a thorough process, with specific requirements and safeguards," Whited said in a statement. "In private adoptions there are the same legal requirements that must be adhered to. These include home studies as well as background checks on the adopting parent(s)."

These include home studies as well as background checks on the adopting parent(s)
This part i quoted is complete bs. She used the term rehoming.

here is another quote from a different buzzfeed article
In the US, there are two very different ways a child who has been adopted internationally can be placed with a new family. The first is known as "rehoming," or "unregulated custody transfers," Chuck Johnson, the president and CEO of the National Council for Adoption, told BuzzFeed News. And while it's incredibly frowned upon by adoption advocates, it's not illegal in many places in the US, including, it seems, Ohio.
"There are some states that prohibit it but even in some of these states, the statute is not always clear and the penalties vary – and many states have no prohibition," Johnson said. "We'd like to see creation of a national standard prohibiting it."
In these cases, Johnson said, an adoptive family can "bypass all the legal requirements, the courts, the child welfare system, and place them with another family without regard for their safety." Johnson said he and other advocates are currently working to outlaw this form of child swapping, the existence of which has been featured in several news reports, including an in-depth Reuters investigation in 2013.

www.buzzfeednews.com

The Stauffers Placing Their YouTube-Famous Son Huxley With A New Family Has Exposed How Murky Re-Adoption Is

"Did they go through an agency? Was there another home study done on the other family? That part is highly unusual."

The child is not missing from from June 3rd article they just rehomed him to another family without going through all the legal stuff. So basically they gave him away to someone they "trusted".

Mathiassen

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
The police still have nothing.

I care more about the kid than your random ass offense
Police said he's not missing? What, you think they dropped him off in a forest? Thrown to the wolfs? Get real.

This family knowingly adopted him because they ASSUMED they could handle it. They were wrong.That's all.

Mar 18, 2020
Police said he's not missing? What, you think they dropped him off in a forest? Thrown to the wolfs? Get real.

This family knowingly adopted him because they ASSUMED they could handle it. They were wrong.That's all.

They adopted him for social media clout and YouTube views, then got rid of him when he became inconvenient. A quick walk through the thread would make that clear.

They should have focused on their own kids instead of putting Huxley through turmoil for their own vanity.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Stop expecting people on these sites to be decent. The overwhelming majority are shitty.

I put my cynicism on full blast for 99.9% of these fucking YouTube/Social Media parasites. I met a popular YouTuber couple in S. Korea years ago and were friends with them both BEFORE and AFTER they blew up...and yes, it turns people into horrible assholes.

EDIT: Okay. As a father to the sweetest 4-year-old boy, I've gotta nope the fuck out here. Seething with rage doesn't even begin to describe my feelings towards these people. I shall hold my tongue.

Ramble

Sep 21, 2019
There's an entire black market of people "re-homing" internationally adopted children using private facebook and yahoo groups.

I'm sure you will be shocked to find out that in the majority of cases that are eventually investigated (which is extremely few) the children are almost always horrifically abused and/or trafficked.

In this case, you know these two were hoping very few people would notice or comment about this little boy and they could just pretend the whole thing never happened.

The more I learn about private adoptions, the more I think they should be made illegal on a national level. There should be massive amounts of oversight on anything involving the safety and welfare of children.

Jmanunknown

Oct 26, 2017
Why would the authorities lie here? Why is everything a conspiracy

The authorities are probably not lying they know about as much as we know. They gave him away to someone they "trusted". That's it that is the end of the story for now. Whether not the family he was placed with is safe or not well we don't know and they don't know and admitted as much but will be doing child welfare checks of all 5 children in this case. Like I posted in my last post the article from buzzfeed about rehoming or unregulated custody transfers
an adoptive family can bypass all the legal requirements, the courts, the child welfare system, and place them with another family without regard for their safety.
That is what the Stauffers did from the article
"The adoption for the Stauffer family is an international adoption, which does not involve our agency," Turner said, adding, "It appears that [Myka] made arrangements with an individual person, versus an agency."

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
The two parents should be charged with child abuse. Ducktaping your child's hand as a punishment is awful. YouTube needs to stop allowing videos with children in them to be monetized as a minimum improvement to their current rules. Even if family vloggers are not being obviously awful, there are so many that are robbing their children of their privacy. Children do not have the ability to consent to this. It has a lot of similarities with child acting. The parents in this are also the white savior type. Hopefully this prevents them from adopting ever again.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
rehomed their child after unspecified behavioral issues.

oh fuck off

And this kind of exposition on youtube should be against the law. Imagine if your parents did this to you and your childhood was online for everyone.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Their struggles? THEIR STRUGGLES? They adopted this kid, profited off of him and then dumped him off like he was trash.

Who knew that shit parents like this had a defense force.

And I thought their struggles were solved with Dreft Baby Detergent (TM)

EZI1Y9UXQAAkNFe

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
There are mixed news about the whereabouts of the kid. Did they find him a new home based on traditional adaption methods, or "rehoming" which is a some people here and the news are using. Because rehoming sound sketchy as fuck and might be a way to get of the kid asap without going through the proper channels. I hope it's the former and not the latter. I hope these parents face legal consequences, but with how broken the US Justice system is, their white privilege will rush to the rescue.

MRORANGE

Nice thread btw :)
Oct 25, 2017
UK
This update and other comments make me wonder why:

1. Parents are not being charged for child abuse.
2. Why YouTube is still allowing third channel to be up
3. Child services have very little information about the child's status

zerocypher

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck her for using a child like that and potentially scarring him. Hope she loses her sponsorships. Probably better for the boy so he can have better parents.

Mathiassen

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Their struggles? THEIR STRUGGLES? They adopted this kid, profited off of him and then dumped him off like he was trash.

Who knew that shit parents like this had a defense force.
They put him in a better, more suitable home when they no longer could provide the care he needed. I think that's a good thing.

Their assumed profit scheme and the rehoming of the kid might be unrelated. Maybe, they did adopt him for the views, but ditching him was probably never in their minds. I'm not defending shit parents. I'm saying the causes might be hidden and saying you know a situation better than the person in it is most probably wrong.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
ugh reading this makes me so mad :( huxley deserves better than these terrible people
I hope this kid never learns about the impact these horrible people had on his life. Opportunistic monsters. I adopted a problematic cat last year, even considered rehoming him once or twice, but never went through with it, since he's a rescued tomcat with a slim chance of being adopted in a shelter. But he's a cat, and this is a human being.

The only good thing to come of this is knowing he's not under their roof anymore, and no longer the subject of vlogs with branding deals. Shit like that makes me sick.

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

They adopted him as a tool and returned it when it became too much of a hassle to handle.
Humans are not commodities to be returned as it were electronic devices that are malfunctioning. They adopted a human being to take care of him and raise him as their son, that's not something you 'assume you can handle' that's something you have to do as his parents. They decided to have that responsibility but of course, they just saw him as a prop or a mascot you can abandon when it becomes a nuissance.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
What's wrong with sucking thumb as a kid? I did that all the time when I was a kid!!! It just went away when I became older. That needs to be 'corrected'? That's fuck up.

As a baby, not much as it's a natural soothing mechanism.

But thumb sucking should be corrected from age 5 and onwards (some advocate for even earlier).

Depending on the intensity and frequency of thumb sucking, It can cause changes to the palate and jawbone besides the misalignment of teeth (open bite common).

Deleted member 49319

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 4, 2018
I've been catching up. The evilest thing I've seen in their videos was one of her kids seemingly said "I don't know if we should have Huxley".
Maybe the kids just saw Huxley a toy they got from China, not a sibling.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ran across the update to this story on Apple News the other day:

Huxley Stauffer Is Safe And Happy In His New Home, According To Authorities In Ohio -- Authorities Close Case Against Myka Stauffer

Local authorities have concluded the the adoption was legal, and the new parents seem to be working out. Huxley can now speak and use sign language.

According to documents filed by the police the Stauffers claim that Huxley exhibited "extreme aggression towards the other kids," and worried the the situation would worsen as he aged. There's documentation from therapists as well as video of the behavior.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Ran across the update to this story on Apple News the other day:

Huxley Stauffer Is Safe And Happy In His New Home, According To Authorities In Ohio -- Authorities Close Case Against Myka Stauffer

Local authorities have concluded the the adoption was legal, and the new parents seem to be working out. Huxley can now speak and use sign language.

According to documents filed by the police the Stauffers claim that Huxley exhibited "extreme aggression towards the other kids," and worried the the situation would worsen as he aged. There's documentation from therapists as well as video of the behavior.
So happy that he is doing better.

Also I know nothing about children in his situation, but is the fact that he is already speaking and learning sign language a sign that the former parents were not adequately trying to help him?

Oct 27, 2017
Probably for the best. While a pity that the original parents can't be held responsible for using a spcial needs child as a promotional prop for a YT channel, at least I can close the thread feeling quite certain Huxley actually found a better, more supportive home.

Oct 30, 2017
So happy that he is doing better.

Also I know nothing about children in his situation, but is the fact that he is already speaking and learning sign language a sign that the former parents were not adequately trying to help him?
he's flourishing because his new parents are likely trained and more prepared to raise a child with disabilities than the stauffers were. i wouldn't necessarily label the stauffers as "negligent" in their care for huxley (although the one incident of huxley's thumbs being duck-taped could easily be argued abuse) , but they were definitely ill-prepared, stupid, and narcissistic to think they could bring in a child with such social and emotional issues and plop him into a family with 3 other kids and think it would all work out.

huxley needs a family where he would be the only child because of how significant his needs are. it was clear that the stauffers gave up early in the process and just used huxley for clout. the fact that huxley was going after the other kids and was hoarding food shows that the stauffers had no idea what the fuck they were doing. thank goodness the child transitioned to a better home before more damage could be done.