• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Just saw this article on people who do this kind of thing, its depressing as fuck:

Americans use the Internet to abandon children adopted from overseas

Edit: By depressing I mean horrifying. If you are triggered about abuse do not read this but this is a real thing that happens in the US.

A similar forum on Facebook, Way Stations of Love, remains active. A Facebook spokeswoman says the page shows "that the Internet is a reflection of society, and people are using it for all kinds of communications and to tackle all sorts of problems, including very complicated issues such as this one."

Facebook is such trash

dennett316

Nov 2, 2017
Blackpool, UK
They treated this human being as a fucking fashionable accessory that they eventually got sick of and decided they were done with. This'd be terrible if it was a pet, never mind a human child, that pushes it above and beyond the scale of awful behaviour.
Taping his hands is straight up abuse, how in the hell do they have anyone defending them?

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
User Banned (1 Month): Dismissing concerns about child exploitation
I seriously don't know enough about this story to say anything about these people.

But I'm willing to bet there's more to this story than we know. But Era gotta drag.

EDIT: She's got four other kids, come on now. There might have been a serious conflict between the children. I don't anything for certain, which is why I aint here to drag.

Last edited:

R.P. McMurphy

May 8, 2019
I seriously don't know enough about this story to say anything about these people.

But I'm willing to bet there's more to this story than we know. But Era gotta drag.
Hard disagree. If they are willing to make money talking about their lives, then they should talk about how they explored every possible avenue to address his behavioral issues before giving him up. But I'm willing to bet that the parents who duct taped their child's hands to get him to stop sucking his thumb were not willing to put in the real effort to parent a special needs child. I have 0 issues with judging them based on this information.

Tapiozona

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
twitter.com

Aerie on Twitter

“@MykaStauffer @YouTube Why did you duct tape the adopted son’s thumb for thumbsucking, but not your older, natural born daughter???”

Duct taped a special needs child hands, who has sensory issues, so he couldn't suck his thumbs. But not the older, "real" child's

twitter.com

Thomas Murphy on Twitter

“@MykaStauffer @YouTube Also check out public records timeline. They adoot Huxley & within a year of profits from adoption story on multiple medias they sold their $299,990 house in Marysville, OH upgrading to $670,000 house in Powell, OH same time frame @MykaStauffer solicits 2nd adoption in...
Definitely not in it for the money.

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
I watched through some of the videos and nothing about them looked like awful parenting to me, I can't really comment about that.

Giving away your kid like this is super fucked up, though, especially after monetazing all of his videos... I can't blame anyone for thinking the worst possible reasons. The more I think about it the more sad it gets.

Feb 1, 2018
Youtube people and youtube culture is the trashest of trash

Adoption agencies should thoroughly vet the social media presence of applicants if they don't already

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK

EDIT: She's got four other kids, come on now. There might have been a serious conflict between the children. I don't anything for certain, which is why I aint here to drag.
You should read the whole thread before claiming Era generalisations/cancel culture gone wild or just the bits about how the mother has apparently shouted at Huxley and didn't talk to him in his language but only English and how she duct taped her hands for thumb-sucking but didn't do the same for her other kids who still thumbsuck at much older age.

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
You should read the whole thread before claiming Era generalisations/cancel culture gone wild or just the bits about how the mother has apparently shouted at Huxley and didn't talk to him in his language but only English and how she duct taped her hands for thumb-sucking but didn't do the same for her other kids who still thumbsuck at much older age.

I'll say it again. I'll wait and see before deciding.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Ok, you've got plenty of time now with the ban to maybe not come into a thread with willful ignorance and not willing to educate yourself on the matter then spouting off generalisations about Era as a hivemind to dismiss child exploitation.

The litteral 9th post shows how they taped his hands together as well.

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
fuck these people. hopefully they lose a ton of subscribers and money from pulling this shit

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
They're fucking psychopaths, and wish nothing but the worst for them. Youtubers are cultivating a generation of sociopaths, whose only goal in life is instant gratification and the need to make a buck -- no matter how depraved or sickening. Fuck them all.

Brhoom

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait

Adopted children aren't commodities, you don't return them when they misbehave, they aren't toys to get bored from.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
they wouldn't have even TALKED about "re-homing" him if he were one of their biological kids. They felt it was ok because he was adopted. Also the terminology itself is gross.

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
I watched through some of the videos and nothing about them looked like awful parenting to me, I can't really comment about that.

Giving away your kid like this is super fucked up, though, especially after monetazing all of his videos... I can't blame anyone for thinking the worst possible reasons. The more I think about it the more sad it gets.
Here you go.

twitter.com

Aerie on Twitter

“@MykaStauffer @YouTube Why did you duct tape the adopted son’s thumb for thumbsucking, but not your older, natural born daughter???”

Duct taped a special needs child hands, who has sensory issues, so he couldn't suck his thumbs. But not the older, "real" child's

twitter.com

Thomas Murphy on Twitter

“@MykaStauffer @YouTube Also check out public records timeline. They adoot Huxley & within a year of profits from adoption story on multiple medias they sold their $299,990 house in Marysville, OH upgrading to $670,000 house in Powell, OH same time frame @MykaStauffer solicits 2nd adoption in...
Definitely not in it for the money.

OP
OP
It’s Time To Go
Dec 2, 2017

So the child having his hands duct taped isn't awful parenting?

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
That child deserves so much better its infuriating how people can be so heartless and cruel. Youtube attracts the worst people on their platform.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Shouldn't the money go with the kid like it would for child actors? There needs to be way more regulation on the profiting of children via social media.

Legit monsters for abandoning a child in need

Asklepios

Oct 28, 2017
United Kingdom
That child deserves so much better its infuriating how people can be so heartless and cruel. Youtube attracts the worst people on their platform.

There are a lot of these "performance as a family" channels that have their own fan base. Always felt stuff like this involving children should be regulated.

Poor kid must be shaken after forcibly having to change environment again. Sick fucks.

jdmc13

Mar 14, 2019
I don't know if this has been posted yet, but she asking for help figuring out disabilities that are "easy" to manage but appear "hard" for her next adoption:

czpge5kxs36abxg8kco6.png

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
What a piece of shit. And frankly any adoption agency that is placing special needs children (or frankly any children) with life blogging YouTube "stars" needs a serious side eye, at the very least.

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I just searched for Huxley on Twitter and this is the first thing that popped up.. jfc these people should have never been allowed to adopt. She fucking duct taped his hands because he was sucking his thumb?

I am so tired of white people and the racist ableist shit they pull. I feel sorry for the kid and hope that he has been rehoused in a better home.

Who names their kid Huxley.

Ignorant White trash who fail to realise that they were erasing the kid culture with that shit name.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
Adopting a foreign kid is such a creepy status symbol for white people. It's pure narcissism.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
I did read the thread and I have seen those. And if they are real, the parents are complete scumbags, no doubt.
It's a good point to make. Have any of us checked the video to see if they explicitly say why the tape is there? He could very well just like the feeling.

Abandoning their child is undeniably monstrous, as was using him for monetary gain. The tape we're just taking some random twitter person's word for.

16bits

Apr 26, 2019
can you just give one of your children away? All of them should be removed from these people.

how utterly horrifying, treated basically like a pet and discarded

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I have never heard of anyone having their hands taped to stop thumb sucking. What the fuck is wrong with people?