• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Duck-Zilla

Feb 21, 2018
After Alyx success, ending and developers saying they're interested to do more Half-Life games in the future. It's coming my man... It's definitely coming.

I finished Black Mesa today too... Can't wait for more

signal

Oct 28, 2017
lmao the first 15 seconds

"Today is April 13th, 2022, and this is your daily Half-Life 3 update. There is no news about Half-Life 3.

If you haven't already, make sure you check out the Patreon when you get the time."

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
lmao

That's some dedication. But Valve successfully made the transition to becoming a platform. I don't think they want to go back to game dev.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
lmao

That's some dedication. But Valve successfully made the transition to becoming a platform. I don't think they want to go back to game dev.

Half-life Alyx came out 2 years ago.

Aperture Desk Job came out about 7 weeks ago.
Artifact came out in 2018
Dota Underlords came out in 2019
Alyx came out in 2020

smaller projects like Aperture Desk Job (like you mentioned) and The Lab exist.

Artifact's 2.0 beta that became Artifact Foundry came out in 2020, but had the plug pulled on it and went free to play on Steam, as well as the original giving you all the cards and being free to play as Artifact Classic. (The original Artifact was good, and I stand by that fact)

CSGO and Dota 2 still get updates.

I never understand this "Valve doesn't develop games" narrative. Sure, you might not have liked Artifact or Dota Underlords, but they're still games.

Plus I think if you played Alyx, you probably know that they are seem serious about Half-Life's future.