• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Smokeymicpot

Oct 25, 2017
Scott is a cool dude. He used to come into the restaurant I worked at every memorial day. Dude was super hyped about pizza and the people on his tour were digging him.

danmaku

Nov 5, 2017
I will never get over how he goes to town on that "pizza" with a fuckin' paint scraper.

That's not weird, it's a common tool to cut the square-shaped big crust pizza. In Italy you'll see it in pretty much every take away pizza place, though it would be quite strange to use it for the classic thin crust pizza.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
You'd think a forum of video game enthusiasts that argue over DigitalFoundry threads would have some self awareness. But no, pizza enthusiast is just taking things too far.

Sunnz

Apr 16, 2019
The best one for me

"... The type of guy to put a blanket on his PS4 during rest mode"

Made me LOL, literally.

Deleted member 18179

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That dude insufferable but he's also kind of "famous". He's been the NYC pizza need for like.... 15 years now. They made a dang documentary about him

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
When he takes a bite of the $1 slice and says, "that's a $1 pizza." I mean, was he expecting it to taste like a $0.50 pizza???

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
He's right about cooking the pizza. If there's no char on it and the mozzarella is still pure white, it ain't ready. Also lol at people on a video game enthusiast site dunking on someone for being too nerdy. Some of those comments on the video are amazing dough.
We're dorks just like the dude in the video. We're also self-aware enough to yell "what are you doing!" when he pulled out the temperature gauge. I understand why he used it ... but my guy has to know he was setting himself to be roasted by doing that.

tmarg

Oct 25, 2017
Kalamazoo
When he takes a bite of the $1 slice and says, "that's a $1 pizza." I mean, was he expecting it to taste like a $0.50 pizza???
That's probably more on Vice than him. They did a video on some corporate ass $1 pizza chain and brought in an actual critic to talk about it. What were THEY expecting? Of course, the video has millions of views, so I guess it worked out for them.

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
My favorite wood-fired place has a sign warning people that the pizzas are "well-done" but I've obviously never heard a customer ask for a SLICE that is.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Y'all are knocking well done pizza? Really?

There is a really good NY style place near where I live, but since they rush pies out they can be a bit doughy if you don't ask them for well done. I like the crispy bottom.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
So let's review just real quick:

-In a video interviewing the eponymous two bros of 2 Bros pizza and going into full detail about how their business works, he proceeds to review them by saying "it's dollar pizza. It's roll-a-rink pizza." He doesn't need to give them glowing praise just to shill, but just pointing out how it looks.
-A "pizza enthusiast" that says nothing about how a pizza tastes. Just that it's like "dollar pizza."
-He carries a pizza thermometer and isn't doing health inspections. Just making sure it won't burn his mouth.
-While asking for well done isn't a sin, and he's undoubtedly not the first person to do it, the combination of the look on the employee's face to him using a thermometer and going "oh shit that's too hot" on a pizza that was in the oven longer than normal is comedy gold

Like sure this forum is full of a bunch of nerds who do weird shit and don't understand basic shit and overcomplicate shit and shouldn't throw stones in glass houses. Sure bullying is bad. People saying Scott Weiner is a cool dude who just loves pizza and makes a living out of it I'll take your word for it.

No matter what, that video is comedy gold.

Deleted member 18179

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Basically:

Wiener: can I get it extra hot?

(Checks temp)

Wiener: that's too hot.

I gotta support Pizza Scott on this one- Well done ensures a crispy crust and int Really related to a temperature expectation of the pizza. Of course it's gonna be hotter, but he wasn't asking for extra hot pizza, he was asking for crispy crust

Lonewolf

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
I heard that and I was like "Is that a NYC thing?" But no. It's just Scott Wiener.

It's an asshole thing.

Worked in a pizza place for 10 years, always got at least one "well done" order a day. We used a conveyor/impinger oven, so it was especially annoying during dinner rushes (conveyor ovens are "idiot proof" in that you put the pizza on one end and the belt takes the pizza through the oven and it pops out the other end done, everything can be preset so the employees don't have to worry about the oven being cold or keeping times after you turn it on in the morning before opening), we'd cook "well done pizzas" time and a half (run them through once, then slide them through the side "sandwich door" so they go through again halfway). As you can imagine, that's a pain in the ass to do when the kitchen is being hammered with orders and both sides of the belt are needed for all the pizzas being cooked (so of course that's when we'd see a "well done" order most often). "Well Done" (actually over done) pizzas taste awful and it wrecks the qualities of the crust, sauce, and cheese too, so I wouldn't trust the tastes of a "professional pizza enthusiast" who orders their pizza "well done", speaking as a "professional pizza artisan (retired)". :p

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
"Shut up Leonard, I found your YouTube page. What's the point in reviewing frozen pizza?"

"You're talking about it."

"Well, that is true..."

IAMtheFMan

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
I gotta support Pizza Scott on this one- Well done ensures a crispy crust and int Really related to a temperature expectation of the pizza. Of course it's gonna be hotter, but he wasn't asking for extra hot pizza, he was asking for crispy crust

I get that. However to achieve said texture require more heat, which a self-proclaimed professional pizza enthusiast would know. To then smugly denounce the residual heat right when it comes out of the oven per special request to obtain said texture is an incredibly pedantic thing to do.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
If you want to watch some actually good pizza videos:

youtu.be

The Pizza Show: Special Slice

In this episode of The Pizza Show is dedicated to three of the most special slices around: the Grandma, the Jersey Bar Pie, and the Cold Cheese slice.WATCH N...

Frodo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's an asshole thing.

Worked in a pizza place for 10 years, always got at least one "well done" order a day. We used a conveyor/impinger oven, so it was especially annoying during dinner rushes (conveyor ovens are "idiot proof" in that you put the pizza on one end and the belt takes the pizza through the oven and it pops out the other end done, everything can be preset so the employees don't have to worry about the oven being cold or keeping times after you turn it on in the morning before opening), we'd cook "well done pizzas" time and a half (run them through once, then slide them through the side "sandwich door" so they go through again halfway). As you can imagine, that's a pain in the ass to do when the kitchen is being hammered with orders and both sides of the belt are needed for all the pizzas being cooked (so of course that's when we'd see a "well done" order most often). "Well Done" (actually over done) pizzas taste awful and it wrecks the qualities of the crust, sauce, and cheese too, so I wouldn't trust the tastes of a "professional pizza enthusiast" who orders their pizza "well done", speaking as a "professional pizza artisan (retired)". :p

I was literally getting stressed by reading your post and imagining getting a "well done" order lol

Ploppee

Nov 28, 2018
It's an asshole thing.

I wanna pick your brains on best toppings and also hear some choice stories plz plz