• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Piecake

Oct 27, 2017
A woman was attacked by a jaguar as she was apparently trying to get a photo outside the big cat's enclosure at Wildlife World Zoo in Arizona, authorities said.

Shawn Gilleland, a spokesman for the Rural Metro Fire Department, told The Washington Post on Sunday that fire crews said the woman, who is in her 30s, climbed over a barrier at the zoo Saturday to get closer to the jaguar's enclosure so that she could get a selfie with the animal. The jaguar reached out and grabbed her arm with its paw, leaving lacerations, Gilleland said.

One witness, Adam Wilkerson, told AZFamily.com that he and his mother heard the woman scream Saturday evening and ran to help.

"My mom runs up and takes her water bottle and shoves it through the cage near where the jaguar is, and the jaguar goes to let go of the girl to take the water bottle, and the claw just catches this girl's sweater," he told the news organization. "So at that point, I see that it's no longer attached to the girl's actual arm, only on her sweater, so I grab the girl on her torso, and I pull her back."

Wilkerson, who captured some of the aftermath on video, added that the woman was "lying on the ground, screaming in agony."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/scie...ies-say/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.e04aa288850c

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Was she standing too close to a barred enclosure--

Shawn Gilleland, a spokesman for the Rural Metro Fire Department, told The Washington Post on Sunday that fire crews said the woman, who is in her 30s, climbed over a barrier at the zoo

Baffling.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
I'm happy for the woman that her foolishness didn't lead to the animal getting shot.
The jaguar would be dead and she'd be doxxed and harassed like crazy.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
shark-selfie.png

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Isn't that a Panther and not a Jaguar?

Edit: ah, black panther is just an informal name for any big cat that's dark colored

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've seen a story of a woman getting fatally kicked in the head by a giraffe after climbing the zoo's fence. These people are ridiculous and don't care about their loved ones.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
She needs to get her ass chewed out for doing something so stupid. I mean by the authorities, the Jaguar already had his bite.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I just figured out how to solve the population problem.

make it mandatory for everyone to go to zoo's... and just look the other way. Most wont jump inside of animal enclosures, the rest that do.. freed up some carbon emissions.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
Ban zoos. Animal are not goods for exhibit, they need to live in their natural habitat.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ban zoos. Animal are not goods for exhibit, they need to live in their natural habitat.
Zoos (good zoos, anyway) serve an important role in teaching people about animals and providing a place for some endangered species to live without fear of poachers

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Was it worth it? People need to stop climbing into animal enclosures at the zoo.

So... maybe we should be looking this differently from now forward... instead of worrying about making the enclosures animal proof... maybe we need to make them human proof, so they stop fucking with the animals.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My mom runs up and takes her water bottle and shoves it through the cage near where the jaguar is, and the jaguar goes to let go of the girl to take the water bottle

Trying to picture the jaguar looking at someone trying to trade a person for a water bottle and going "Deal!"