• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 31923

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
A Texas woman doesn't remember renting a VHS tape 22 years ago — let alone that she didn't return it — and the place she rented it from shut its doors more than a decade ago. But the unreturned tape led to her being charged with a felony.

Though the case was dismissed and expunged Wednesday, Caron McBride is looking into legal options.

"It's hurt me tremendously, and my family," she told USA TODAY. "It makes me madder and madder the more I think about it."
McBride, 52, was charged with felony embezzlement of rental property in Oklahoma, where she previously lived, in March 2000 — more than a year after the tape of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" was to be returned, court records show.

She believes her boyfriend at the time who had two young daughters rented the tape in her name.

"He had to have," McBride said. "I know I didn't."

She added: "I have never seen one episode nor movie."

McBride didn't find out about the outstanding warrant against her until she tried to change her name on her license after getting married and moving to Texas from Oklahoma.

www.usatoday.com

A woman was charged with a felony for not returning a VHS tape. She found out 21 years later.

A woman found out 21 years later that she was charged with felony embezzlement for not returning a VHS tape.

This story is insane. Though the charges have been dropped, imagine finding out you have a felony warrant for failing to return Sabrina the Teenage Witch 20 years ago. I wonder if I have any outstanding warrants related to this issue. I think I forgot to return a tape or two in my day.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
"He had to have," McBride said. "I know I didn't."

She added: "I have never seen one episode nor movie."
bMKTH1Y.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.