• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bosch

Banned
May 15, 2019
I have never thought about that but this whole generation passed without an original single player The Elder Scrolls and I believer we are at least 2 years away from a new one.

Do you guys believe Bethesda can still delivery a great game?

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
I have never thought about that but this whole generation passed without an original single player The Elder Scrolls and I believer we are at least 2 years away from a new one.

2 years? They haven't even SHOWED the big rpg theyre releasing first. That shit is like 5 years away at least.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Same with GTA. Sure, VI was ported to the PS4/XBO, but it's a game that was originally built for the 360 and PS3 (systems with 512 MB of RAM!).

The good news is that we'll be getting both for this upcoming generation, and with Zen 2 CPUs, super fast SSDs, and 16 GB of GDDR6, you can be sure the next entries in these franchises will be incredible.

I think Bethesda can definitely deliver on Elder Scrolls VI, although I don't think it will be out until 2025. Starfield is probably a couple years away though.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am not sure. The standards for open world games have been raised considerably this gen with The Witcher 3, BotW, and the newer AC games.

Bethesda has a lot to prove with ES VI.

swift-darius

May 10, 2018
they way they're going, I don't think I'd enjoy the next one anyway. skyrim was already a disappointment to me personally

Deeke

Oct 25, 2017
United States
The more I think about Bethesda's plans, the more I realize ESO is a natural evolution of their plans with the series. TES6 could be a long ways away and they'll still make money from ESO over time (I think this was always the strategy).

Nov 17, 2019
Well they haven't made a bad elder scrolls yet imo. They would have to fuck up ES 6 real bad for me to not like it.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
2 years? They haven't even SHOWED the big rpg theyre releasing first. That shit is like 5 years away at least.
Starfield is 2021/22 according to Pete Hines

a5pR4vP.png

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
Do you really want one considering the sorry state of Bethesda? Better they learn their lessons from their disasters now before finishing a new TES.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Yep, which means there is no way ES6 comes out in 2 years
Yeh, exactly. No chance TESVI comes out any time soon.

Honestly I'm fine with this, TESO is still getting updated. By the time TESVI comes out, we'll be near the end of this coming gen. I'm more curious as to how Starfield fares considering it's the next 'real' BGS game following Fallout 4.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
TESO is this generation's Elder Scrolls game. I did all the story content 100% solo, only grouping with randoms for the dungeon in each zone which you don't need to bother with really.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Well they put out other games and yes I do think they can still put out a great game.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
But we got three different new remasters of Skyrim!

Skyrim Remastered
Skyrim VR
Skyrim Switch

😫

Deleted member 56306

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2019

Yes, I think they are capable of it. I think people are really quick to just shit on them these days - with good reason admittedly. But I firmly believe that Fo76 was and still is ultimately a spin-off. I don't think it was ever sold as anything but.

It's been years and there still isn't really anything Skyrim like on the market.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
Yeah, it's pretty sad when you think about it. :(

Kida

Oct 27, 2017
To be honest I'm surprised they haven't released any more official content for Skyrim. The game is still near the top of the Steam charts and I think another expansion pass would do well. I guess they want ESO to be that solution...

I wouldn't mind a next-gen port with more upgrades like the Special Edition either.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At this rate, I've accepted that I'll be dead before Elder Scrolls 8 comes around.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As game scope expands, so too does the cost of development, man power, and time needed to complete the projects. Dont be surprised if fallout and red dead sit out the next generation in favor of the elder scrolls and gta

Xiao Hu

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think this generation has been bad for the franchise and BGS as a whole. No new iterations (instead a luke warm port with no new content), further mainstreaming of Fallout, Emil Pagliarulo is still writing for what ever reason, and Jeremy Soule turned out to be a sexual predator and grifter....

All my hopes for Immersive Sim-RPGs lie now with Obsidian and their TES-clone/inspired Pillars spin-off.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
TES is Far Cry without guns now and I'm so over it
I've got no faith in BGS whatsoever to create a game that isn't an RPG in name only

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, I think they are capable of it. I think people are really quick to just shit on them these days - with good reason admittedly. But I firmly believe that Fo76 was and still is ultimately a spin-off. I don't think it was ever sold as anything but.

It's been years and there still isn't really anything Skyrim like on the market.
I don't think it's with good reason. They are absolutely capable of making great games, just because they have fallout 76 doesn't mean that the next one won't be great.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
TIL that Fallout 76 is the only game BGS ever put out that people have criticized with merit

Yeah it's actually Fallout 4 that stripped me of all enthusiasm and faith I've ever had in that dev house's work
76 just reinforced It

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Imagine how bad it would have been though. Would have looked like a last gen game and performed even worse. Here's hoping Bethesda's experiences this gen with Fallout have taught them a lesson not to release half-baked crap.

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I'd prefer whatever starfield is over the next es game.

We've had how many ES games now? I kinda already know what that game is.

Starfield is new and exciting. Always awesome when a company can write their own rules and world from scratch.

Asklepios

Oct 28, 2017
United Kingdom
Do you really want one considering the sorry state of Bethesda? Better they learn their lessons from their disasters now before finishing a new TES.

This. There is 'Elder scrolls: Blades' with its nauseating microtransactions.
And all those sayin TES:O is basically the next ES, lol what?,It's a perfectly fine spin-off but just because a MMORPG is solo-able for the most part, it's not a natural evolution of where a main ES game should be headed.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Imagine how bad it would have been though. Would have looked like a last gen game and performed even worse. Here's hoping Bethesda's experiences this gen with Fallout have taught them a lesson not to release half-baked crap.
If Fallout 4 taught me anything
It's that BGS doesn't learn lessons