• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pollux

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is a good reminder that the US has been fucking up Latin American territories with CIA coups, destabilization, drug demand, the War on Drugs, and racist immigration policies for decades now. If you want a crash course on how the US has fucked Puerto Rico, here's a parody video on how bad it was, before even Hurricane Maria. There's PLENTY of reason to hate the US, and I as a dual citizen of both a country ruined by the War on Drugs (Colombia) and the USA, I can say fuck you to the US for being a part in destroying my homeland. And thanks to the US' and global pitiful pandemic response last year, the pandemic got way out of hand everywhere, including Colombia. So yeah, I'm mad this Independence Day.

fb.watch

Honest Government Ad | Visit Puerto Rico | The US Government just released this tourism ad for Puerto Rico and it's surprisingly honest and informative. 🇵🇷 ☛ Our Honest Government Ads are made... | By The Juice MediaFacebook

The US Government just released this tourism ad for Puerto Rico and it's surprisingly honest and informative. 🇵🇷 ☛ Our Honest Government Ads are made...
Hates the US so much not only do you move here but you become a citizen. Makes sense.

GMM

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The worst thing about America is the sick idea many seem to have about patriotism, the country is literally founded on the blood of indigenous people and the slaves forced to work there.

Loving your country is not fighting for the rights to murdering those less fortunate by having access to firearms, supporting a corrupt justice system that target people of color, or spreading lies about scientific facts that are well recognized everywhere else.

Reflect on what the fuck the US has been all throughout history and what it is today, and just how many people believe they are the best people on the world because they listen to the word of god and an orange dumbfuck.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Except I don't think it was bad nor wrong, actually I still find it hilarious. I'm actively still chuckling at it.

Also the insinuations and, in fact, direct accusations that I'm somehow a conservative because I find this thread a pathetic edgelord-fest is quite frankly… very on brand for ERA.

Cheers

Your meme made no fucking sense

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
Wait, I saw your original comment. So you thought enough about responding to them to edit your post to get this meme out instead of using your original snappy comeback. Some deliberation going on there which kinds of defeats the meme you're using.
😆
Your post/meme is straight up the most embarrassing thing I've seen today and I saw Stephen Dorff say he was embarrassed for ScarJp for being in Black Widow
🤣🤣

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Most people go to college when they turn 18. Ergo, they are fully fledged adults and are thus responsible for paying their own way towards a 5-figure education with no job experience. There's financial assistance programs if they can't pay the entire thing themselves.
Yo stop playing, you almost had my ass lol.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Except I don't think it was bad nor wrong, actually I still find it hilarious. I'm actively still chuckling at it.

Also the insinuations and, in fact, direct accusations that I'm somehow a conservative because I find this thread a pathetic edgelord-fest is quite frankly… very on brand for ERA.

im-not-upset-you-are-ejk7s.jpg

sacrament

Banned
Dec 16, 2019
It's not complicated. The founding itself was done on the graves of indigenous peoples and with the bodies of Black slaves. It's nothing to celebrate.

Is there any country that doesn't have shit in their closet? Not like the US is suddenly going to vanish tomorrow. And if we want to criticize the US for an national founding it feels then, being consistent, all should.

Perhaps we should a national grevence day, or recognize things - but what's being advocated here is crazy. Or really arguing up hill, as I'm doing, is probably more crazy.

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
Hates the US so much not only do you move here but you become a citizen. Makes sense.

Thats what happens with imperialism suffocates these countries and makes them unlivable for a lot of people. Some see no option but to go to the belly of the empire.

Because whether you realize it or not, the US is just that, an empire.

The way we look back with disdain at the British empire? We're living in that right now.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
Thats what happens with imperialism suffocates these countries and makes them unlivable for a lot of people. Some see no option but to go to the belly of the empire.

Because whether you realize it or not, the US is just that, an empire.

The way we look back with disdain at the British empire? We're living in that right now.

pretty sure people still look at disdain towards Britain now lol

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Is there any country that doesn't have shit in their closet? Not like the US is suddenly going to vanish tomorrow. And if we want to criticize the US for an national founding it feels then, being consistent, all should.

Perhaps we should a national grevence day, or recognize things - but what's being advocated here is crazy. Or really arguing up hill, as I'm doing, is probably more crazy.

Or idk, you could just enjoy your day off and not get up in arms when minorities and oppressed peoples make it known that they're not fond of the holiday, and not throw the whataboutisms around. But yeah fuck nationalism on a global scale, it's disgusting tribalistic behavior.

Oct 25, 2017
All of the people complaining about this thread have, it seems to me, indirectly validated its existence. Really goes to show the sensitivity around an act like this and its important symbolism, despite no one wanting to contest USA's horrific record (historical and current) on a million fucking fronts.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
Your meme made no fucking sense
I still don't get it and I've looked at it several times.

Well you tried your best to get the heat off July 4th being white colonizer propaganda by trying to change the discussion to something no one was talking about, but I don't think anyone is taking the bait.
OUUUUWEEEE what a take lmfaoaoooo
Gotta love it. Can't criticize if you're not from here. Can't criticize if you are.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Cheers

You're starting to crack, we need to get you back to Google Images so you can whip up another solid meme to save face.

Nevermind, you got a competitor:

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile

Rather than racist, I'd say it's just Xenophobic. Why wouldn't they be able to criticize the largely known US involvement in fucking Latam up just because they have the US citizenship? You're basically saying to the user something that reads "if you don't like it go back". And the worst part of it, is that a lot of the time having the country fucked by the US is a big reason why people move to the north in the first place. As someone from Latam myself, hating what the US did to my country, yeah, I think I would still love to visit or even live there because it's far more complex than a gotcha thing. The only thing that makes me hesitant about ever going is, well, Xenophobia.

pargonta

Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Not a perfect country, but my country none the less - freedom to celebrate it's founding and/or freedom to trash it. the line not to cross would be criticism by violence or further aggression, I think. I hope our country may eventually overcome our past and build a more perfect union, in doing so reducing the motivation to burn and rally against our country. Though that may take 100s of years.

disparate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Critique of the US is really the point, AFAIK it's about trying to be a more perfect union; complacency in the country being one of the best on the planet is kinda not the point.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
i don't understand why the europeans are fighting the communists

also, which part of europe? if you're a european communist are you punching yourself?

combining alcohol and explosives is pretty unsafe too

Status
Not open for further replies.