• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 9, 2018
Normally this wouldn't be signal boosted, but I've seen quite a few journalists talk/shitpost about it. (and it's more noteworthy since it's a Verified Twitter user and not a rando)

Mod Edit: Tweets Removed

He Mod Edit: Tweets Removed with each tweet getting more ridiculous. The replies to the Mod Edit: Tweets Removed are more aggressive.

This is not the first time he has been deliberately edgy.

Of all the things to troll about, and double down on, this is just weird.

Last edited by a moderator:

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Target management should have kicked his ass out of the store if he was taking unsolicited photos of their employees. That was how it worked when I worked there.

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't think I had any idea who that was until the last tweet and then remembered.. oh, it's that guy, yeah, fuck that guy.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I want to start a gofundme for a spa day for that poor employee.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago

This tweet is pure comedy gold. "... was thrilled to see such an amazing price on an @OralB" sent me. My fucking sides.

EDIT - Beaten by a fraction of a second. Glad we can all laugh at this ass.

OP
OP
May 9, 2018
From the quote tweets the employee may become a lowkey meme.

Honestly, in the age of the ratio, stunt-trolling isn't as effective as it once was.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
The DPCI for the display toothbrush is 049-94-0114
The DPCI for the actual toothbrush is 049-11-0084

As most people with a brain have already figured out, they are not the same item.
I think Target should comply, just to be petty. Sell the man the (probably non-functional) display for a penny. Leave that shit attached to the placard.

HiImNewGuy

Banned
Jan 17, 2020
I mean to be fair. The law is the law, and they should for sure honor it. In the other hand, harassing employees over it is quite unacceptable

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
This guy is such scum.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
I mean to be fair. The law is the law, and they should for sure honor it. In the other hand, harassing employees over it is quite unacceptable
In the replies someone points out that the law doesn't apply to just anything that is sold where food is sold, but specifically to food and grocery items. Also, someone else points out a clause in the law disqualifies cases where the discrepancy is an obvious error or more than 50% the price of the item, so even if this did qualify as a grocery item it would be exempted.

And the price tag specifically says it's the price of the display unit.

HiImNewGuy

Banned
Jan 17, 2020
In the replies someone points out that the law doesn't apply to just anything that is sold where food is sold, but specifically to food and grocery items. Also, someone else points out a clause in the law disqualifies cases where the discrepancy is an obvious error or more than 50% the price of the item, even so even if this did qualify as a grocery item it would be exempted.

And the price tag specifically says it's the price of the display unit.
Ah. Well then this dude is just an exploitative asshole out to get clout. What a douche

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
i don't understand why this is "noteworthy because its a verified twitter account"

that doesn't make something noteworthy, and if you think it does... you are spending too much time on social media

Pandaman

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
if the barcodes match, honour it. [they won't match].

Otherwise, politely explain that they dont have to honour every random price in proximity to an item and then call the cops and get him hauled out. Kind of annoying management would rather have this guy harassing staff than get rid of him.

capitalCORN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
i don't understand why this is "noteworthy because its a verified twitter account"

that doesn't make something noteworthy, and if you think it does... you are spending too much time on social media
If I saw some dumbass taking a shit on the sidewalk I'd raise hell about it. People should call out bullshit, otherwise where's the incentive?

caff!!!

Oct 29, 2017
The former grocery store I worked at had the box of our commercial service wipes in the system for 1 cent which we don't sell.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Poor woman. Should give her like a week vacation or something she looks so done

GalvoAg

Oct 30, 2017
Dallas

It's to call out pricks like this, in fact in needs to happen more often. Anyone sympathetic to this guy are probably the same ones making life a living hell for people just like Tori.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
We had people try and pull this stunt all the time when I worked at Target.

Doesn't beat the wave of returned Dreamcast boxes with actual bricks inside.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
Stories like these make me glad I'm not in retail anymore. People like this asshole are the worst.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I know it would be a really subjective, malleable law, but posting someone's pic like that on Twitter should be illegal. Could ruin her life just for being a little dick

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This guy is probably on Slickdeals

Slickdeals is awesome, but there's so many crazies on there who feel entitled to basically commit robbery. I've taken advantage of price mistakes before, so I'm not without guilt. But I've seen threads filled with customer service harassment etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.