• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Trouble

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle-ish

EBPVC8rWwAAxPA_.jpg

Oct 30, 2017
Oh, I thought the guy doing a joke reply to the Isbell tweet, but going through his timeline he was actually serious, christ.

Conciliator

Oct 25, 2017
this is like a setup for a new post-apocalypse movie. Hogworld, where just going outside is dangerous because the unquenchable feral hog hoards will get you

Deleted member 57378

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 2, 2019
feral hogs are a problem in the super boonies, but if there double digits you are in an Syfy film
If youve seen some of the videos on YT those hogs are actually super fucking dangerous and do roll in large herds/packs. They have killed grown men and they are an invasive species decimating the environment. Its a real issue but its being twisted for this chuckle fucks agenda. A half truth to distract from another issue.

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you, finally found the reason behind half of everyone making feral hog jokes and comments.

Ultratech

Oct 25, 2017
No it isn't. I've been to literal razorback country, camped out in Arkansas, miles from civilization, where razorbacks are a legit problem, and no, you never have packs of 30-50 razorbacks running through your yard, and no, you don't use assault rifles to mow them down. When people say "razorbacks are a problem," they mean like 4 or 5 coming into your land over the course of a night and fucking shit up, not a literal herd rampaging.

This is my understanding of it. While they do herd up and whatnot, there's usually not THAT many at a time.
But that said, Feral Hogs are a very destructive species and breed quickly, so people try to find all sorts of ways to remove them (mostly because they can wreck ecosystems in the area if left alone for too long).
I have to imagine there's a better solution to get rid of them though.
These hogs are supposed to be pretty nasty to eat.

They're also really hard to kill because of their thick hides and propensity to charge at you, and it's actually a thing to shoot them down from helicopters.

Can confirm. They're pretty gamey and don't taste all that great.

And yes, I've known people to shoot at them from Helicopters...with high-powered guns.

MetalMagus

Avenger
Oct 16, 2018
Maine
I am literally dying reading this thread, because I'm trying to hold in my laughter during a conference call. I am losing this battle.

Much as I would against the wild hogs.

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just opened twitter and on the right side of the screen I see.

Trending in the USA
Feral Hogs
Trending with: 30-50 Feral Hogs

I'm fucking dead.

Oct 25, 2017
a lot of lack of sympathy ITT for people who have lost loved ones to the hog storms

my large fit uncles Crabship and Brullpis went out on a hogging expedition several years ago and what was left of them could have fit in one large box
It's like people completely forget 1985 Hoggicane Peppa, from which the series gets its name.
We all have our stories of a lost Uncle Dewalt or a poor cousin Decker. It was a hard time before Reagan passed legislation in 86 to relax regulation on rifles and ammunition.
Those that do not learn from the past are doomed to fall prey to hog storms.

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
If youve seen some of the videos on YT those hogs are actually super fucking dangerous and do roll in large herds/packs. They have killed grown men and they are an invasive species decimating the environment. Its a real issue but its being twisted for this chuckle fucks agenda. A half truth to distract from another issue.

username checks out.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
While this thread laughs, I plan. I think we should release massive herds of hogs into the south to clean up the deplorables. And no, I don't care that then we'll turn the south into an unlivable feral hog hell hole which will inevitably turn its way north to our liberal cities and devour us as well.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
they've killed 4 grown men in history

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
Dearest Marbella,

It pains me to write these words to you as you visit your grandmother in St Louis, but alas, we lost our small children to a pack of roaming feral hogs. I estimate their numbers were between 30-50. Sadly, our bolt action rifle was not sufficient. Even now, my tears drip upon this paper as I write to you. I've buried our precious boys just this evening. I pray the hogs do not make a return this night.

Yours always,
Willie