• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
How's the performance in the full game compared to the demo? Curious if that was an old build or not since that was the thing that unsold me on the game despite liking everything else.
Currently on the fence.

The issue with city simulation game performances, is that they tend to easily run out of memory.

Much like the Cities: Skyline on the Switch, I think A-Train: All Aboard! might suffer similar issues.

OP
OP
CaptainNuevo

CaptainNuevo

Mascot Maniac
Oct 25, 2017
How's the performance in the full game compared to the demo? Curious if that was an old build or not since that was the thing that unsold me on the game despite liking everything else.

I think it's been about the same for me. I'm not too bothered by performance in general though so not the best judge.

Try going into settings and toggling some things down and see if that makes it acceptable to you? You have to hit R to get to that part of the settings menu though, not super obvious unless you're looking for it.

Kramer

Oct 27, 2017
Coming to the end of the second tutorial - haven't had any crashes or performance problems. Everything's opened up in terms of advance settings - much more flexibility with route planning/timetables.

It's a bit clunky in and out of menus - could be optimised.

Deleted member 55822

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 10, 2019
Turning off Shadow in setting is a BIG help for getting stable performance. I was able to get 60fps most of the time now.

Also I did get crashed crashed two time after playing the demo for a long time too.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I've put 6 hours into the demo already, restarting once to try out new track layouts. I'm addicted. I guess I need to buy the full game now? My brain glazed over when they talked about stocks and income and everything, but I just wanna make trains go vroom vroom and shrink down real small to wander around Japan.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
I've put 6 hours into the demo already, restarting once to try out new track layouts. I'm addicted. I guess I need to buy the full game now? My brain glazed over when they talked about stocks and income and everything, but I just wanna make trains go vroom vroom and shrink down real small to wander around Japan.
Wait, you're able to buy stocks in the game?

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Wait, you're able to buy stocks in the game?

In Scenario 2, your goal is to get on the Stock Exchange yourself!

But yes, you can buy and sell stocks from like 30 companies. I think if you own enough stock in some companies, they give discounts on things, such as Residential Buildings.

Also, you can build subsidiaries to expand your company, like build apartments near your train station to get tenants and help expand the town.

Also, if the Government need things in areas, you can accept plans with deadlines to do tasks. For example:

- Accept to build 10km of Road in a zone and they can offer you 100% Off Land Cost for that road.

- Accept to build 2 Residential Property in a zone and get 40% off Building Cost for those 2 Buildings.

plngsplsh

Oct 28, 2017
Yep, PS4 version plays great.

Xbox 360, 3DS, PS4 and Switch versions are all similar mechanics.

You get more options and customisation with the Switch (and 3DS) versions as you can set up plans and customise transport etc.

You can also download other people's scenarios too.

I would get Switch over PS4 - for reasons above and handheld. I also like the graphics. However, the PS4 version has the 'modern' style.
Thank you for your input. I'll probably wait till I can get a hand on a switch, as I, too, really prefer the look of that version.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Still in the first Demo Scenario. Doing well (The Tourism official just told me I was already halfway to goal!), but I kinda hit a wall where I'm hitting my quotas on one end but overspent to get there so I have to wait for my income to increase again so I can build more rail lines...

Maybe I missed it in game, but if I build a rail line over land I haven't purchased yet, is it the same price as purchasing the land first? Or should I always be purchasing land first then building over it?

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Still in the first Demo Scenario. Doing well (The Tourism official just told me I was already halfway to goal!), but I kinda hit a wall where I'm hitting my quotas on one end but overspent to get there so I have to wait for my income to increase again so I can build more rail lines...

Maybe I missed it in game, but if I build a rail line over land I haven't purchased yet, is it the same price as purchasing the land first? Or should I always be purchasing land first then building over it?

I believe you can just build over it, which gives you control of the land.

Buying the Land is only handy when you are going to expand, but don't want others to build there and don't want the Land Value to be high when you build there.

OP
OP
CaptainNuevo

CaptainNuevo

Mascot Maniac
Oct 25, 2017
Do tourism route arrows only get generated by road placement? In the first tutorial I made a rail to the West side of the map, and never got the outside town connection to be setup, but was able to in the second tutorial. Is there some way to know where outside cities/towns are?

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Do tourism route arrows only get generated by road placement? In the first tutorial I made a rail to the West side of the map, and never got the outside town connection to be setup, but was able to in the second tutorial. Is there some way to know where outside cities/towns are?

Government Office ---> Tourism Information ---> Click on any Tourism Site.

For 2nd Scenario, it shows Sema (North), Toyonami (South) and Tomano (West)

See Tweet I made just for you!

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
I dabbled with the demo for this over the past weekend, and it's dangerous. If it wasn't for Monster Hunter coming out next week, I'd be all over this. It's the kind of game I could see myself dumping like, 1000 hours into.

OP
OP
CaptainNuevo

CaptainNuevo

Mascot Maniac
Oct 25, 2017
I dabbled with the demo for this over the past weekend, and it's dangerous. If it wasn't for Monster Hunter coming out next week, I'd be all over this. It's the kind of game I could see myself dumping like, 1000 hours into.

Just think of it like Civ, a game you can come back to over and over for a while, and focus on MH:R when it launches ;D

OP
OP
CaptainNuevo

CaptainNuevo

Mascot Maniac
Oct 25, 2017
Also if anyone has any custom scenarios to highlight, take some pics of it and post up any info and I'd love to get a "RE Scenarios" list going :D

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Patch 1.0.2. is out fixing some glaring issues.

nintendoeverything.com

A-Train: All Aboard! Tourism update out now (version 1.0.2), patch notes

Studio Artdink has released a new update for A-Train: All Aboard! Tourism. Here are the patch notes: Fixes memory-related issues causing errors Fixes issue with the number of tourists on First Class trains Fixes issue with travel direction when a train stops for less than a minute Source

OP
OP
CaptainNuevo

CaptainNuevo

Mascot Maniac
Oct 25, 2017
Patch 1.0.2. is out fixing some glaring issues.

nintendoeverything.com

A-Train: All Aboard! Tourism update out now (version 1.0.2), patch notes

Studio Artdink has released a new update for A-Train: All Aboard! Tourism. Here are the patch notes: Fixes memory-related issues causing errors Fixes issue with the number of tourists on First Class trains Fixes issue with travel direction when a train stops for less than a minute Source

Oh sweet, that's so good to see :D

I've been just saving every time I did a major reconfiguration, but sometimes forget so this getting patched is nice.

Cartas

Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully one of the memory related issues is that buses and vans seemingly forget where they're going and end up mindlessly driving up and down the same stretch of road forever.

King_Moc

Oct 25, 2017
Got my physical copy today and just started. Wow, this seems a lot more in depth than I was expecting, good first impression though. I'm only what i assume is the demo content, but it seems really smooth. The tutorials are fairly engaging too so far, which is often a problem for these games. Graphically it looks great too. A real sense of character to it and much higher budget than i expected.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Someone asked:

Does anyone know what the "progress freight" option is for? It apparently does nothing. When you click on it, a "check" sign appears but as soon as you exit and return from the menu it disappears.

The direct translation into Japanese would be something like "moving goods". This option is on the screen where you can adjust the train routes.

Last edited:

King_Moc

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know what the "progress freight" option is for? It apparently does nothing. When you click on it, a "check" sign appears but as soon as you exit and return from the menu it disappears.

The direct translation into Japanese would be something like "moving goods". This option is on the screen where you can adjust the train routes.

I assumed it was a check to say whether a freight train was going to stop at that station or not, but i'm not sure since I sold my freight train as i couldn't stop it from getting in the way of the other trains.

OP
OP
CaptainNuevo

CaptainNuevo

Mascot Maniac
Oct 25, 2017
I think I missed something in a tutorial about how to pick up fish. I bought a freight truck thinking I could just build a bus stop near the port to get fish, but I can't seem to get it to stop there. I tried to build a fish warehouse thinking it could stop there. No luck.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I think I missed something in a tutorial about how to pick up fish. I bought a freight truck thinking I could just build a bus stop near the port to get fish, but I can't seem to get it to stop there. I tried to build a fish warehouse thinking it could stop there. No luck.

You need a Truck Stop near the Fish Warehouse.

Also, at each Stop, you can adjust what type of thing you want it to try picking up, via the "Freight" option when you select the Stop in the "Operating Route" Menu.

NOTE: Not actually played the game much, just hop on to figure out questions while I play Yakuza all week. 😅

PhantomFFR

Oct 25, 2017
Vienna, Austria, EU, Earth

If it's like PC Classic, there are different types of stops for cargo and for passengers.

King_Moc

Oct 25, 2017
The tutorial mode seems to have a lack of options for things like, buying extra carriages for trains. Do these get added later? The help section says it's an advanced option, but i can't see it anywhere.

OP
OP
CaptainNuevo

CaptainNuevo

Mascot Maniac
Oct 25, 2017
You need a Truck Stop near the Fish Warehouse.

Also, at each Stop, you can adjust what type of thing you want it to try picking up, via the "Freight" option when you select the Stop in the "Operating Route" Menu.

NOTE: Not actually played the game much, just hop on to figure out questions while I play Yakuza all week. 😅
If it's like PC Classic, there are different types of stops for cargo and for passengers.

Oh duh, that would make sense. Thanks again! I seem to really miss these menu options on the bottom of the screen, they're so easy to scan by :(

Kramer

Oct 27, 2017
x
The tutorial mode seems to have a lack of options for things like, buying extra carriages for trains. Do these get added later? The help section says it's an advanced option, but i can't see it anywhere.

All these options become available early in the second tutorial. You turn them on/off in the system menu.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
I assumed it was a check to say whether a freight train was going to stop at that station or not, but i'm not sure since I sold my freight train as i couldn't stop it from getting in the way of the other trains.

Someone else mentioned:
That is not what the option does. In fact, it apparently does nothing, at least in the tutorial. I test several hypotheses and none have worked. One that I have not yet tested was trying to make the train arrive loaded at a station that is full of other material and see if it will "exchange" the material X it carries with the material Y that is in the storage. But I don't know if that makes sense.

Perhaps that's something where we would need to investigate a bit more.

Erikun

Jun 20, 2018
There's a problem with loading save files on version 1.0.2. On the official site it says:

"INFORMATION

2021/03/16

ver1.0.2 patch has been released.

*We have started investigating some cases where existing save data cannot be read after updating 1.0.2.

Please wait for the update without deleting the save data."

This happened to me after a crash. I couldn't load any of my saves. I could start a new game, but couldn't load the old ones.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
There's a problem with loading save files on version 1.0.2. On the official site it says:

"INFORMATION

2021/03/16

ver1.0.2 patch has been released.

*We have started investigating some cases where existing save data cannot be read after updating 1.0.2.

Please wait for the update without deleting the save data."

This happened to me after a crash. I couldn't load any of my saves. I could start a new game, but couldn't load the old ones.
Oh wow, thanks for letting us know.

rdaneel72

Oct 27, 2017
Found this 6 hour showcase by Artdink on the new game, in Japanese.

I bet this has all your answers.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
So far, I haven't seen new livestreams of this game after being played for more than 6 hours into the game on Youtube.

I've decided to wait for my physical copy to arrive while I continue to try out the demo.

It seems the amount of Japanese physical copies are pretty low.

King_Moc

Oct 25, 2017
Beat the first tutorial after about a year and a half. I expanded the railway far more than it told me to, but I was incredibly hampered in what I could do due to it not unlocking all options. Made train admin a bit of a pain. Will start the second one at the weekend.

Also, I encountered a bug where the entire world just went white. All the menu's were still there but I had to reload.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Anyone knows how to resolve trains stopping due to emergency? I have 2 trains stopping on the same track, both of them going towards each other.

Waiting on stock to replenish. Apparently, there's a shortage of physical stock, and may receive more shipments at the end of March. So, no idea about the full game.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Use loops and have trains running the same way. There's lots of ways to do this, including switchback etc.
No, what I mean is, right now, I have 2 red light icons showing up on the screen, and the game is paused, I can't do anything else about it with the trains right now, because the deadlock has already happened. How do you get out of this scenario?

I guess this is what happens when messing around with fixed departure times...

TUFCfan

Oct 27, 2017
No, what I mean is, right now, I have 2 red light icons showing up on the screen, and the game is paused, I can't do anything else about it with the trains right now, because the deadlock has already happened. How do you get out of this scenario?

I guess this is what happens when messing around with fixed departure times...
Just withdraw one of the two trains using the train menu, that should enable the other one to move again. You can place it back again later.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Just withdraw one of the two trains using the train menu, that should enable the other one to move again. You can place it back again later.
Oh, that's how you do it.

After withdrawing it, I noticed that sometimes, I see red icons appearing on top of the train stations. After it shows up, it disappears immediately after.

What are the red icons, that looked like passengers getting crowded or something like a platform with a spring in the center?