• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to watch this. I'm curious to hear what he thinks considering he is new to the console space. Really glad he branched out.

SCB360

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
oooh its been awhile since a long Form video from him as well, thats my Train Ride sorted for the rest of this week

OP
OP
Kalentan

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Finally finished watching. It was really good. I like that when he eventually reaches God of War (2018) he talks about the obvious and some not so obvious way it still continues to recall to the past entries.

Well worth watching.

Oct 27, 2017
Just found out about this. Will have to watch this tomorrow or today if I am able to squeeze it in.

Really hyped to see what Noah thinks about the series.

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait to watch this.

Noah is by far my favorite long form reviewer. Obviously these types of videos take huge amounts of time to produce, so there's a good bit of waiting between videos. Is there anyone else that approaches his style? It's hard to find good quality analysis like this.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
Almost three hours holy hell! Never seen one of his videos before, so look forward in giving this a go.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Nobody does this kind of content better than Noah, but he does make the mistake of crediting Cory Barlog as the director of God of War 2, 3, and (2018), when it's kind of important that it went from Jaffe, to Barlog, to Asmussen, and then back to Barlog.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Great, will watch later!

Noah produces awesome in-depth franchise overviews, I reccomend everyone to chech his channel out.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I watched up until five minutes into the last God of War game, so about 40 minutes left. Not sure I'll finish because I'm burned out on God of War now haha. But what I saw was really good. I appreciated his review.

I also agree with his views on Ascension. I thought the game was fantastic - it just happened to come at a time when Kratos' story had concluded and the developers were just churning for a way to make him relevant again. It was an impossible task. In terms of lore, Ascension is uninteresting, but as a game, it's fantastic and has some very neat visuals and spectacles. It also has some of my favorite weapons in the franchise. I'll never dislike the game like most on the internet do.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
Nice...I've been waiting for him to do something Playstation related since he decided to cover console games...GOW is a great start!
Nearly three hours,awesome....gonna dig in later.

Oct 25, 2017
About an hour in and I'm enjoying this a lot. I'm curious about whether his GOW2 QTE problems are maybe tied to PSNow latency?

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
Just finished watching and for a guy who has spent all his life as a PC gamer(I presume)I was surprised how much praise he heaped on the franchise...he's not wrong of course GOW is a fantastic series,but I thought coming from PC gaming he might think it a little shallow.
Anyway,another fantastic video that made me appreciate the games even more than I did before....which is always the sign of a great critique I think.

inpHilltr8r

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know.....I remember that Zeus fight causing me some issues back when I played the game on the PS3 remaster....I think the timing is just really tight.
Timing on that one is tight on even on PS2, and IIRC it does some dick-ish random shit with the last few buttons in the QTE. IIRC it's supposed to be frustrating so that you really feel it when you do win.

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
I finally got around to watching this, and I gotta say...while there's some interesting tidbits and insights here and there, I just did not like or agree with the video overall. He loved GOW (2018), so did I, but I didn't agree with alot of his opinions.