• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

balohna

Nov 1, 2017
Isn't her white side also Jewish? I find it a bit hard to believe she's actually into some alt-right KKK shit. Seems more plausible she grew up on 4chan and can't let go of that part of her personality for whatever reason. I just stopped going there like 5 years ago. Was never racist but put up with racist shit because I just figured it came with the territory (having grown up on forums in the early 2000s, where all kinds of vile shit was widespread across the entire internet), and there were other things I liked about the site/community (found a lot of music through /mu/ for example, which was mostly free from the uglier elements of the site). I got out when it started bleeding into reality too much and I didn't want to be indirectly supporting it.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Isn't her white side also Jewish? I find it a bit hard to believe she's actually into some alt-right KKK shit. Seems more plausible she grew up on 4chan and can't let go of that part of her personality for whatever reason. I just stopped going there like 5 years ago. Was never racist but put up with racist shit because I just figured it came with the territory (having grown up on forums in the early 2000s, where all kinds of vile shit was widespread across the entire internet), and there were other things I liked about the site/community (found a lot of music through /mu/ for example, which was mostly free from the uglier elements of the site). I got out when it started bleeding into reality too much and I didn't want to be indirectly supporting it.

Doja Cat of all people has not earned the benefit of the doubt. Really all there is to it.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

If that's the case it's a double whammy of self-hatred. The two biggest groups 4chan shits on are black and Jewish people.

Oct 27, 2017
I mean we'll see. Short term possibly. But if she stays quiet long enough most people will forget about it. Especially if she comes out with another hit. But she really needs help and to change her views. If she goes back to doing what she's doing then yea.
If 6ix9ine can still chart after all he's been through, I guess Doja will be fine. Like you said, she just has to lay low for a bit.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Entertainers have been cancelled for way less. I don't even follow doja cat and this like, what, the 2nd or 3rd time she's had either some racist, anti-LGBTQ, or otherwise disgusting opinion or point of view shared ... followed up by a mixed "sorry if you're offended" non-apology? What's most surprising to me is how whenever there's a new thread about her being involved in some controversy, some people are surprised or disappointed in her.

Charsace

Chicken Chaser
Nov 22, 2017
Lol at anyone that believes the tripe she posted. She lying deflect the heat.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Didn't take Doja Cat for a 4channer. I mean I knew she was an "internet girl," but not like that.

Finally it made prime time Era. Metro don't trust her. So neither do I.

She most definitely will still have a career, but people undervalue how many black artists and producers may not want to work with her, limiting her trajectory somewhat.

I think she has a song with The Weeknd and Gucci coming out soon, but I doubt certain people want to attach their name to her's.

Important things to note: Biracial folks anti-blackness cannot be justified because of their own self-hate.

Also some are saying that her apology is the first time that she has ever referred to herself as a black woman. She grew up on the wrong image boards and turned her search history into a personality.

Well if Metro don't trust you...

If 6ix9ine can still chart after all he's been through, I guess Doja will be fine. Like you said, she just has to lay low for a bit.

Doja was never near the popularity 6ix9ine is/was.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
She needs to check her self in. From the little I have seen of her, she seems pretty unstable. Gross statements, should torpedo her record deals.

Also, celebrity culture is and remains a horrible mistake.

M.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Yikes. I admit I didn't know anything about her aside from having catchy tunes, and the (now unfortunate) coincidences of using "Doja" as a moniker, and being mixed black/white.

Just seeing the summaries and posts here is enough for me. "She out here showing feet to racists" is the only type of way I can process this shit. I'm 100% sure I won't be listening to any Doja Cat songs in the future.

That's been a term for weed for A LONG TIME. I don't even smoke and I know that. Maybe it's an America term for weed.

Yeah, been using it as a handle since 2004-5. First heard it from Master P - Make em say Ugh, back in 1997.
"At ease, then salute! Here, pass me the doja!"
youtu.be

Make 'Em Say Ugh

Provided to YouTube by Universal Music GroupMake 'Em Say Ugh · Master P · Silkk The Shocker · Mia x · FiendGhetto D 10th Anniversary℗ 1997 Priority Records, ...

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
User Warned (3 Days): Inflammatory False Equivalence
Am I the only one that's sick of this cancel culture schtick that is going on? If we're gonna truely cancel someone, please let it be Jeffree Star.

I can't defend Doja Cat as I'm not a person of colour nor can I stand by her actions or implore people to go back to listening her music or buying her music. However I'm sick and tired of people faking tweets (which have been clearly shown in this thread) and building a fire against a person.

In regards to her video, I feel like she has sincerely apologised and she didn't do that whole Laura Lee shctick but went out to defend herself and constructively talked about the fire that was her doing.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Am I the only one that's sick of this cancel culture schtick that is going on? If we're gonna truely cancel someone, please let it be Jeffree Star.

I can't defend Doja Cat as I'm not a person of colour nor can I stand by her actions or implore people to go back to listening her music or buying her music. However I'm sick and tired of people faking tweets (which have been clearly shown in this thread) and building a fire against a person.

In regards to her video, I feel like she has sincerely apologised and she didn't do that whole Laura Lee shctick but went out to defend herself and constructively talked about the fire that was her doing.

what has Jeffree Star done that's cancel worthy? Genuinely asking, I only know him as a name

Last edited:

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
I'm very uninterested in having a cancel culture discussion while we cape for Doja Cat trying every trick she can to deflect her dumb anti black racist ignorant bullshit.

And Doja Cat isn't stupid. She got clout off of doing dumb internet meme shit. She knows her crowd and she knows how to deflect.

Anyone buying this none sense is naive.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn

Ehh, it was a still problematic apology though, with a guest appearance from the 'I was drunk' excuse, lol The basics; she participated in groupchats that were bigotted, stay the same. All the other smoke that may or not be true, the basics are fucked up.

It's a weird phenomenon though; it seems that alot of basic debate is kinda disappearing since it's non-existent in meme culture. Its all 'DONT LOOK HERE, LOOK HERE INSTEAD' strawmen like you did here

Star is a piece of shit, but honestly that's because we don't try to cancel enough. Every time he does something fucked up, he puts up a youtube apology and all is forgiven, kinda what you're trying to do with Doja here. As a result we have a rolling multi-year circus of 'Do fucked up shit, get away with it'. With stans enabling the cycle.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2018
If nonblack people want to wholesale still rock with her or just grant her a second chance without showing any followup behavior supporting ology, that's their prerogative.

I however damn well will keep her "cancelled" because she's spouting harmful rhetoric adirectly targeting me, my family, and other black people. She can take herperformative anti-blackness ass somewhere else UNTIL I deem otherwise

OP
OP
Armadilo

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm very uninterested in having a cancel culture discussion while we cape for Doja Cat trying every trick she can to deflect her dumb anti black racist ignorant bullshit.

And Doja Cat isn't stupid. She got clout off of doing dumb internet meme shit. She knows her crowd and she knows how to deflect.

Anyone buying this none sense is naive.
She reminds me of a person that would stream on twitch, would do something controversial like this and then apologize like she did nothing wrong.

like come on you were still doing this a couple weeks ago and the problem is that you're supposed to be better than to surround yourself against ignorant, racist people and just people that want to fuck with you because you're a woman in a room of incels.

At that point you're enabling them to do that stuff as she was fine with it and it's not cool.

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Ehh, it was a still problematic apology though, with a guest appearance from the 'I was drunk' excuse, lol The basics; she participated in groupchats that were bigotted, stay the same. All the other smoke that may or not be true, the basics are fucked up.

It's a weird phenomenon though; it seems that alot of basic debate is kinda disappearing since it's non-existent in meme culture. Its all 'DONT LOOK HERE, LOOK HERE INSTEAD' strawmen like you did here

Star is a piece of shit, but honestly that's because we don't try to cancel enough. Everything he accidentally does something fucked up, he puts up a youtube apology and all is forgiven, kinda what you're trying to do with Doja here. As a result we have a rolling multi-year circus of 'Do fucked up shit, get away with it'. With stans enabling the cycle.
In no means am I telling you guys to don't look at Doja and look at Jeffree, I'm simply telling you that this whole cancel culture schtick is just outright 🤢.

A lot of people won't accept her apology and I get it, she did a fucked up thing to POC and it'll stay as a fucked up thing in her history. Let's just hope that she's matured from this. Her apology video could have gone a whole lot worse so I actually giveher a slight amount of respect for actually fronting a live and actually discussing what she feels.

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
Everything about this is just so sad. I really liked Doja before the fag stuff, this reminded me about Spotify's block feature.

Got me over here praying Rico Nasty not lowkey garbage.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Screenshot_20200530-102338_Instagram.jpg