• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
So I was catching up on comics lately and I decided to check in on the Flash. I usually ignore it because Barry Allen is boring trash who's only redeeming point was dying, but they changed that. What do I find

Flash-54-Comic-Preview-1.jpg

latest

A motherfucking strong force, a counterpart to the speed force. While the speed force is about movement/kinetic energy and bullshit. The Strong force is about mass, gravity, geological forces, and bullshit. turns out they are not alone, there is also a Still Force and a Sage Force(nothing to do with Naruto, I checked.

I just can't anymore, I road with the all the different lights corps, but this is a bridge too far.

Slayven......no more......

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh there's a Strength Force now? I know there was a Still Force, which was meant to be the antithesis of the Speed Force. Just how many are there now?

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
What if they turn it into a Star Wars crossover after the eventual buyout, and it turns out ALL of these options are just mastery ranks of The Force?

scare_crow

Oct 28, 2017
Of alllllll of the dumb things comics have done, this is the straw that breaks the camel's back?

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The strength force is your breaking point but not the damn punch dimension that Cyclops' eyes use?

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
So now the Flash can Hulk-Smash while he whips his lightning back and forth?

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's the dumbest thing you've seen in comics? How long have you been reading like 6 months?

;)

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
... wasn't super strength kinda implied for the speedforce because "force = mass.acceleration" and the superspeed punch and all that ?

Hulk Trickster is hilarious

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Lol. Punished Slayven.
You should have known not to hurt yourself with a Barry Allen book.

I went back to Flash just when they introduced all these other "forces". The actual story-arc wasn't that bad honestly. But I still dropped the book eventually.

Don't give up hope, Slay. There's always a great book out there waiting for you.
And even when Bendis takes it over and burns everything you loved about it (Joooooooon!!!!!!!!!!!!!), well, the new Conan books are just right there.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wait until they introduce the Will Force that Batman generates and the green lantern core feeds off of

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The Speed Force itself is super dumb. "How can the Flash move so fast without breaking the laws of physics?" Because he's a superhero in a comic book, duh, we don't need some pseudo-mythical omnipresent explanation.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
... wasn't super strength kinda implied for the speedforce because "force = mass.acceleration" and the superspeed punch and all that ?

Hulk Trickster is hilarious
Jai West is the only brick speedster as far as I know, he used the speedforce to rapidly grow his muscles. But he had to stop because it was fucking up his dna

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
Lol. I'm dying at the idea of a Strength Force. That's some low tier anime shit.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
That isn't nearly as bad as the Wally West thing that happened recently. While silly at least there's an attempt to expand the universe there.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
The law of averages says on a long enough timeline, trying to pay attention to and enjoy the Flash won't backfire spectacularly for me eventually

I'm beginning to doubt...